favorite U2 summer album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chels82

Refugee
i was sitting at the beach today, listening to POP....and thinking about how perfect an summer album it is. so i'm picking POP as my U2 summer album. what's everyone's choice for U2 summer album??

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

you said... maybe... said I want to have your baby...BABY
we could make something beautiful
something that wouldn't be a problem
at least not in... miami

I can't change the world,
But I can change the world in me.
I REJOICE!!

U2-Achtung Baby
U2-ATYCLB
Kylie Minogue-Fever
Kylie-Light Years
Sheryl Crow-Cmon' Cmon'
Shakira-laundry Service
Madonna-Music
Madonna-Immaculate Collection
Jennifer Lopez-J.Lo
Alicia Keys-Songs In A Minor
Various Artists-Sun Jammin' I and II
Alanis Morrissette-Under Rug Swept
Destiny's Child-Survivor
Janet Jackson-All For You
Jewel-This Way/Pieces Of You (nice to put on and just sit by the fire cuddled up with someone)

That's about it LOL

I have to agree with you, chels, Pop for me also.....

....memories of spending June 97 in the Bay Area and going to Oakland PopMart....

....and Staring at the Sun, such a quintessal summer song....

I apologize if I mispelled quintessal
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I misread the title. That's why I listed all those albums, I thought it called for "summer albums", not just U2 albums LOL. Aaaaaduhhhh! what an idiot I am! sorry about that

Achtung Baby is great to take to the beach and just crank up the volume, as is Zooropa and Pop,although I'm not a big fan of Pop (the album). I also take my U2:1980-1990 CD to the beach, I love hearing all those old songs. Passengers has that "summer" feel to it, but I only like some of the songs on that album. Mission Impossible is another good one to crank up in the car or on the beach. It has a great sound to it.

Instead of an album, there are some songs that put me in a summer mood, like In God's Country, Elevation, Beautiful Day, Miami, The Fly, Ultraviolet, God Part II, Spanish Eyes, Everlasting Love, Streets and Dancing Barefoot, among many others. Oh, I forgot Big Girls are Best, it's a great summer song.

[This message has been edited by flaming june (edited 05-18-2002).]

i'd have to say 7 and ATYCLB and AB...and POP...hmmmmmm...really all of them are fine with me
wink.gif

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

ATYCLB. Last summer, when I was on vacation with mi familia I listened to In a Little While over and over again on my cd player. That album has a fabulous summer vibe.

"In New York summers get hot
Well into the hundreds
You can't walk around the block
Without a change of clothing
Hot as a hair dryer in your face
Hot as handbag and a can of mace
New York
I just got a place in New York"

the_fly2002, the Immaculate Collection is an excellent summer album. Holiday is one of my favorite summer songs.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

ACHTUNG BABY!!!!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

It's all about The Joshua Tree bay-bee!
biggrin.gif

I friggin' LOVE listening to this album in the summer! It has such a wonderfully natural, earthy feeling to it that complements the season perfectly.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom