Favorite Soaps Operas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
I'm just curious to know what everyone's favorite soap operas are.
As for me, my favorite soaps include the following:
The Young & The Restless
Port Charles
Dynasty
One Life To Live
All My Children

:reject: I watch One Life To Live, usually schedule my lunch around it, since I work from home

Do we have to wait 6 weeks for Todd to be exonerated? Are they really gonna drag this out for 6 more weeks? :madwife:

I hear ya Lila64, I'm already sick of the storyline already, but I hope they find out the kind of manipulator Spencer is since he set Todd up to take the fall for the bogus murder.

I use to watch:

The Young and The Restless
All My Children
One Life To Live
General Hospital

After dropping a couple a few years back I now only watch:

The Young and The Restless
General Hospital

I have been watching General Hospital since the late 70's. Started off as a young kid and got hooked, thanks to my mom who used to watch it back then. I even faked being sick to stay home and watch Luke and Laura get married. Those were the golden years back at GH. It has sucked so bad these past few years on that show, thankfully they are bringing back a few of the old favorite characters. As long as Luke is still on that show I will never give it up, even though I think Y&R is the best soap on daytime tv now. Great storylines and they keep all their great characters around. No parade of new faces coming and going like on GH.

I used to love General Hospital...my favorite years were when Brenda and Sonny were together and when Stone was still alive and him and Robin were together! The saddest episode ever was when Stone died! :sad: Soaps can be addicting. :wink:

I've tried to get back into it several times but I can't. :shrug:

I cried like a baby when Stone died too. One of my co workers and I were watching it in the lunch room at work and everyone was wondering what was wrong with us. :lol:

I still think the saddest episode of GH for me was when Tony's daughter BJ died and they gave her heart to her cousin Maxie who needed a new heart. When Tony bent over to listen to BJ's heart inside Maxie, I just lost it. :sad:

How I miss those great years of GH. :sigh:

mdw3935 said:
I cried like a baby when Stone died too. One of my co workers and I were watching it in the lunch room at work and everyone was wondering what was wrong with us. :lol:

I still think the saddest episode of GH for me was when Tony's daughter BJ died and they gave her heart to her cousin Maxie who needed a new heart. When Tony bent over to listen to BJ's heart inside Maxie, I just lost it. :sad:

How I miss those great years of GH. :sigh:

I catch a few minutes of GH here and there. Did you see when they killed Tony off because of the virus/epidemic? I cried. I mean, Tony has been around forever, even if he wasn't a regular cast member the last few years. And Bobbi was there with him :scream: :sad: My sister and Dad still watch GH

I grew up on GH, All My Kids, and One Life to Live (My mom got me addicted)
I remember Luke and Laura, Felicia and Frisco, Vicki and her twin Nikki, and the space ship that Vicki went to when she thought she was dead :lmao: All of Asa's wives :lol: and watching Tad grow up.........

Now I just keep up with Bold and Beautiful ( Logan...that Bitch!! :lol: )

You mean you haven't seen Jess/Tess (as in Jessican Buchanan, who is currently in labor, as Tess). I have today's episode taped, gotta find time to watch it before tomorrow! :shifty:

mdw3935 said:
even though I think Y&R is the best soap on daytime tv now. Great storylines and they keep all their great characters around. No parade of new faces coming and going like on GH.

I don't watch soaps, but my mom has watched Y&R since I was in first grade, so I sort of know who everyone is - except for the kids. All of a sudden Victoria and Nick are adults, and then Sharon's daughter turns into a teenager :yikes:. A lot of the characters that were the "young" ones a few years ago now have teenagers themselves :lol:.

btw, Did you know that the Jack before this one (I think his name was Terry something) died? :ohmy: He was the Jack when I was growing up :(.

I hear ya, it's a shame actor Terry Lester (the original Jack Abbott) died.
My only question is what did he die from because he was quite young.

I remember the original Jack, I didn't know that he died. :sad: I started watching Y&R during the last year he was on. Then all of the sudden Cliff from All My Children was playing him. Yes they do that soap oprea rapidly aging kids thing all the time and I hate it. :mad:

Sadly Sharon's teenage daughter, Cassie, died last year. I think the young lady who played her wanted to go to college or something like that. I can't remember.

I remember the OLTL and AMC from the late 70's and 80's. All those great characters. My mom got me hooked too. I gave those two shows up a few years back, lost my interest in them. The only two I watch now are Y&R and GH. I doubt I ever give up GH now matter how bad it gets. Although it seems to be getting better now, thanks to the return of some familar face. It would be doing much better if Emily Quartermaine would just fall off the face of the earth and never come back. :evil: I do love my tivo, I just FF through all of Sonny and Emily's scenes, :barf:.

I used to watch General Hospital when I was in high school. I still check it out from time to time.

I don't really watch soaps anymore.

I used to love Eastenders (I had a massive crush on grant mitchell)
Home & Away
Prisoner Cell Block H
Days and Bold and the Beautiful before they were axed in the UK (poor Becky in Bold, what happened in DAYS when they had those shootings in France and Greta was shot?)
Sunset Beach before it was axed :(
Dallas (bloody brilliant)

(really cheesy aren't they? :D )

bonsai said:
I don't really watch soaps anymore.

I used to love Eastenders (I had a massive crush on grant mitchell)
Home & Away
Prisoner Cell Block H
Days and Bold and the Beautiful before they were axed in the UK (poor Becky in Bold, what happened in DAYS when they had those shootings in France and Greta was shot?)
Sunset Beach before it was axed :(
Dallas (bloody brilliant)

(really cheesy aren't they? :D )

I still do love Eastenders! Do you remember Tom Banks the Irish dude, Sharon's boyfriend? I looooved him so much until he got blew up in that fire!:sad:

I've been watching Days of Our Lives off and on since the mid 90s or so (back when Marlena was possessed, and this was before Sami ever got pregnant with Will).
Though currently, I haven't really watched it in many months. I sometimes still catch a minute or two of it though.

Back
Top Bottom