Favorite Christmas Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Tis the season, everyone! So, what are some of your favorite Christmas movies/specials? Here are some of mine...

It's a Wonderful Life
The Santa Clause (1&2)
One Magic Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas

Two reasons why I love Christmas

Must see EVERY year is:

A Christmas Story
Christmas_Story.jpg

and Christmas Vacation :happy:
c26.jpg

c27.jpg

squirrel.gif

:lmao:

Re: Two reasons why I love Christmas

erised said:
Must see EVERY year is:

A Christmas Story
Christmas_Story.jpg

and Christmas Vacation :happy:
c26.jpg

c27.jpg

squirrel.gif

:lmao:

Darn it! When I was home over Thanksgiving Break my brother's girlfriend's sister really wanted to watch Christmas Vacation but we never did...I guess I'll have to rent that one.

And I don't think I've seen A Christmas Story in its entirety yet. I should do that.

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

Amen to A Christmas Story. I finally bought it on dvd the other day. That has to be the best Christmas movie!

Random story alert: My last Christmas Eve in NJ was spend walking to my neighbor's house and laughing.....because they HAD THE LEG LAMP IN THEIR FRONT WINDOW! haha. And it was the talk of the neighborhood!

moon_is_playing_tricks said:
Call me weird, but every year, I watch "While You Were Sleeping" faithfully at Christmas time.

The heroine in the movie reminds me a lot of myself and it takes place right around Christmas and New Year's. It just gives me warm fuzzies and stuff.

Moonie :D

:up: Sandra Bullock always rocks!

I want to see that new movie with her and Hugh Grant...I forget what it's called.

Other Xmas movies I forgot...

The first two Home Alone flicks (I used to have such a crush on Macaulay Culkin! :lol: )

Muppet Family Christmas (nobody has ever seen this except me and my best friend, I swear)
It's a Wonderful Life
A Charlie Brown Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Christmas Carol

wertsie said:

:up: Sandra Bullock always rocks!

I want to see that new movie with her and Hugh Grant...I forget what it's called.

Other Xmas movies I forgot...

The first two Home Alone flicks (I used to have such a crush on Macaulay Culkin! :lol: )

Two Weeks Notice. And I only remember that cause it was on during the previews of Harry Potter...(and I kinda love Hugh Grant)

AAAAA! Home Alone! Good lord how I love the first two Home Alone movies! Classic indeed. But the third one? What was THAT all about? It made me sick, I couldn't even watch it.:no:

madonna's child said:
Muppet Family Christmas (nobody has ever seen this except me and my best friend, I swear)

I have one on tape where Fozzie's mother wants to go away for the holiday, but Fozzie brings all the muppets over and there is a huge storm and Miss Piggy is stuck somewhere. And Kermit and his nephew or whatever go visit the Fraggles...I don't know if it's the same one, but I love it anyway.

DML said:

I have one on tape where Fozzie's mother wants to go away for the holiday, but Fozzie brings all the muppets over and there is a huge storm and Miss Piggy is stuck somewhere. And Kermit and his nephew or whatever go visit the Fraggles...I don't know if it's the same one, but I love it anyway.

:hmm: That sounds familiar!

Okay...I have a confession to make.

I have never seen "It's A Wonderful Life".

Every year around this time I see ads for it on T.V. and plan to watch it, but I never wound up doing so.

Never seen "A Christmas Story", either.

As far as Christmas movies I have seen:

"Christmas Vacation" (that movie is a riot-my family watched it again just recently, and we were cracking up)
"Home Alone" (I remember watching that at Christmas all the time when I was little)
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas" (my sister gets all excited when she sees that they're showing the cartoon on T.V., she loves this story. And she also loves the movie version with Jim Carrey (I gotta admit, that version of the story was pretty cute. And funny)
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" (we actually had a little plant in my house at one time that looked quite similar to Charlie Brown's tree. And my dad gets a kick out of the part where Snoopy's dancing on the piano while Schroder's playing, and then he looks at Snoopy and Snoopy stops dancing and gets off the piano and leaves, hehe. Snoopy's cool)

This is a good time of year movie and T.V. wise.

Angela

I like to see Little Women every Christmas (the Wynona Ryder version). :cute: and Sleepless in Seattle. :D

I like most that have been mentioned also, and Home for the Holidays.

Last edited:
:hyper: Christmas Vacation is on Sunday night at 9! Yay! I really want to watch it now, and I can just do it after American Dreams!

Back
Top Bottom