Favor needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Bono made a hugeass contribution to austism research during the summer of 2002. I should know, I posted a note about this here. In case you don't know I have a isorder on the austism spectum, Asperger's Syndrome. This means alot to me. That's more than a hell of alot of people have done. Anyone care to post pix of him raising money for worthy causes? You don't know how much this would help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Sally. I have the feeling that some people don't understand how important this was for autistics not only in Ireland but all over the world.

bonofund1.jpg

Bono draws attention to the AIDS crisis in Africa during a stop at Northeast Christian Church in Louisville, Ky. Launched on World AIDS Day, the weeklong, seven-city "Heart of America Tour: Africa's Future and Ours" was sponsored by DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa), a political advocacy organization that Bono helped found.

http://www.christianpost.com/articl...aunches.aids.awareness.tour.from.church/1.htm

I'll see if I can find any specifically about his work with autism research... if I can't, I'll post pics of Bono promoting his other causes.

And you're very welcome, verte. I'm more than happy to do this if it helps you even a bit. :hug:

bono-painting-hunter.jpg

Bono the artist (January 13, 2004)

A limited edition set of lithographs of Peter and the Wolf by U2 singer Bono goes on sale today at the London Art Fair to raise money for the Irish Hospice Foundation, which gives assistance to patients with long-term illnesses.

http://www.recirca.com/artnews/217.shtml

Thanks so much Sally. He's done so much more for us and other people who need help than alot of other people have. Some people don't give a damn about us. Believe me, we value any help we can get. Thanks Bono!

Last edited:
That's perfect, miss becky! In the summer of 2002, he auctioned off his first expensive car, and it brought in a hugeass sum of money for autism research. I don't know if there were pictures; maybe it was just a story. I can't remember now. I got flooded with e-mails asking me if I knew about it...........after that, yes, I sure did! Yes, one more reason to love this man!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:yes: For whatever faults he may have - he's a good man, and he does a hell of a lot to help others. :hug:Bono :sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom