Fave song on U2 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, what is it?

I'm voting for the Elevation remix. I was cooking dinner and it came on. All of a sudden, I had flashbacks to the concert and that moment of antici...pation when the remix came on and you knew it was just a matter of seconds before your world got rocked.

Anyone else?

And by the way, all the boys look so awesome on the cover.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

AS LONG AS THE NIGHT IS COLORED BLUE AND BLACK

O YEAH YEAH YEAH
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I love that song. All the others I'd heard before, but I'd only heard Big Girls once or twice. Kickin!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
before your world got rocked.

Oh no.... got "You Rock My World" stuck on my head!

*turns on Big Girls Are Best*

Sexy ma ma ma ma ma ma ma

That's better....
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

AS LONG AS YOU'RE ON YOUR KNEES

AND SHE'S NOT ON HER BACK

OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!

O_O

*scandalized*

This is my new theme song guys!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

they are all great.....

but i wanted to ask this without arousing IRE...

don't you think Always sounds just like beautiful day? I mean, just like it??

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 01-24-2002).]

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 01-24-2002).]

Originally posted by hippyactress:
AS LONG AS YOU'RE ON YOUR KNEES

AND SHE'S NOT ON HER BACK

OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!

Oh. My. Dad.

Bono really is Sassy Tassles!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Oh. My. Dad.

Bono really is Sassy Tassles!

LMAO
biggrin.gif
*sass* I don't know why this is so funny to me! I'm literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD. And I'm listening to U27 and Big Girls now so the "O YEAH YEAH YEAH" is not helping my asphyxiation from laughing
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I like "Walk On" with the hallelujahs
biggrin.gif
They make me happy
smile.gif

On Stuck....Edge's voice is higher than mine. I literally cannot sing along to Edge. So I do Bono.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by elizabeth:
don't you think Always sounds just like beautiful day? I mean, just like it??

I was thinking that too! Something about the melody...

btw...I cen't decide between "Summer Rain" and "Big Girls Are Best" as my fave song...really, though, I love ALL of the songs on the CD!

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
I was thinking that too! Something about the melody...

btw...I cen't decide between "Summer Rain" and "Big Girls Are Best" as my fave song...really, though, I love ALL of the songs on the CD!

I think BD started out as Always and it evolved or something...

and I SWEAR sometimes the music in Big Girls sounds like the music from that "you're unbelievable" song. Kind of?!

BABY SHE'S THE GLUUUEEE

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Yes, there is a striking resemblance between Beautiful Day and Always.

Do not be alarmed. Same thing happened with Lady With the Spinning Head and The Fly. Sometimes U2 songs start out and then evolve into two different songs. No big whoop.

I just love this new green smilie!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Originally posted by WildHonee:
and I SWEAR sometimes the music in Big Girls sounds like the music from that "you're unbelievable" song. Kind of?!

BABY SHE'S THE GLUUUEEE

BGAB always reminds me of something else...I could swear it's been used somewhere else! But I'm not sure it's that song...ARGH!!!! I guess I'll just have to listen a few more times to see if I can figure it out...
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

Walk On (the single ver) and BGAB are my current favs. yesterday it was Summer Rain. however, i've learned that i must pay attention to the road, i almost drove into a phone pole after hearing the end of BGAB. Bono and his moaning.....*twitch*

xoxo,
chelsea

[This message has been edited by chels82 (edited 01-24-2002).]

On Stuck....Edge's voice is higher than mine. I literally cannot sing along to Edge. So I do Bono.
I scare myself. Where is Capt. Sexpot Holland IV to hold me?

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I scare myself. Where is Capt. Sexpot Holland IV to hold me?

He's currently holding me...you'll have to wait your turn
biggrin.gif

------------------

I hadn't heard Big Girls are Best, Summer Rain, or Always before yesterday. I'm so glad I didn't because it's like , now I have a whole 1/2 new album to listen to!

I guess my favorite is Big Girls are Best but I really love the whole thing. It's great.

goes over to CD player to play the end of Big Girls are Best again ( you know what part I'm talking about)...

So, what is it?

I'm voting for the Elevation remix. I was cooking dinner and it came on. All of a sudden, I had flashbacks to the concert and that moment of antici...pation when the remix came on and you knew it was just a matter of seconds before your world got rocked.

Anyone else?

And by the way, all the boys look so awesome on the cover.

yeah, I love the elevation remix. I got so excited to hear it while I was driving home last night. I got little goose bumps and started dancing in my seat. Besides hearing it at the concert, I have never heard this version of the song before. I have heard all of the others and love them all. I am very pleased with my purchase. And yes, the guys do look hot on the cover.

BTW, here is the information about "Always" and "Big Girls Are Best". It is from Niall Stokes "U2 - Into The Heart: The Stories behind every song"

Big Girls Are Best:
From the Pop sessions, 'Big Girls Are Best' didn't surface until the release of the 'Stuck In A Moment' single. It has the sound of a track-in-the-making- something that hasn't been afforded the time or attention necessary to get it finished to album standard.
It's understandable. The idea had been explored elsewhere on Pop, on 'Miami' and on 'Mofo', Bono's most open appeal to the spirit of his departed mother. He's at a related game here, referring lovingly to the motherlode, and collapsing into incoherent homage to mama,mama,mama ('She's got a baby at her breast').
The melody owes more than a bit to John Lennon, and the sentiment too. While the title hardly sounds politically correct and the familiar U2 image of the man on his knees is accompanied in this instance by the equally inviting prospect of the woman on her back, it's actually a reassuringly wholesome little number.
"I wouldn't be too much into the lyric but it's a great rock'n'roll vibe," Edge says. "I think when Bono talks about big girls-not big-breasted, or anything like that. He's talking about women who aren't stick insects. We managed to find 15 minutes in Los Angeles to finish it - and it came together. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek and throwaway."

Always
'Always' is the original band jam that gave birth to 'Beautiful Day'. Daniel Lanois feels that it's inspirational. Edge is a little less convinced. "It was a tune that we thought had a pretty good title from day one," he says. "We thought it had potential. But it really wasn't that unique or special and so when we finished 'Beautiful Day', we went back and said 'that's a B-side.' It doesn't really stand up." But as a prism through which to view the metamorphoses are involved in going from the idea for a U2 song to the finished article, it's well worth hearing.

I love them all! But I'll say, um, it's a toss up between Always and Summer Rain.
Big Girls Are Best has a sound that reminds me of MOFO somehow. Does anyone else get that vibe?

------------------
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

My favorite songs on U27 are BGAB(suggestive Bono moans, baby...*dies*)
and Stuck (Edgie sings like an absolute angel on that track!*dies again*)

...And HeartlandGirl and MissVelvetDress_75, you are soright about "Always". I kept on wanting to insert the lyrics to BD into that song!

------------------
BP: Who put the Ram in the Ramalama Ding Dong?

BONO: Paul McCartney.
LARRY: Ya What???
EDGE: I don't know but it wasn't me.
ADAM: Santa Claus.

--Interview with BP Fallon, 1993

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

yeah, I love the elevation remix. I got so excited to hear it while I was driving home last night. I got little goose bumps and started dancing in my seat. Besides hearing it at the concert, I have never heard this version of the song before. I have heard all of the others and love them all. I am very pleased with my purchase. And yes, the guys do look hot on the cover.

BTW, here is the information about "Always" and "Big Girls Are Best". It is from Niall Stokes "U2 - Into The Heart: The Stories behind every song"

Big Girls Are Best:
From the Pop sessions, 'Big Girls Are Best' didn't surface until the release of the 'Stuck In A Moment' single. It has the sound of a track-in-the-making- something that hasn't been afforded the time or attention necessary to get it finished to album standard.
It's understandable. The idea had been explored elsewhere on Pop, on 'Miami' and on 'Mofo', Bono's most open appeal to the spirit of his departed mother. He's at a related game here, referring lovingly to the motherlode, and collapsing into incoherent homage to mama,mama,mama ('She's got a baby at her breast').
The melody owes more than a bit to John Lennon, and the sentiment too. While the title hardly sounds politically correct and the familiar U2 image of the man on his knees is accompanied in this instance by the equally inviting prospect of the woman on her back, it's actually a reassuringly wholesome little number.
"I wouldn't be too much into the lyric but it's a great rock'n'roll vibe," Edge says. "I think when Bono talks about big girls-not big-breasted, or anything like that. He's talking about women who aren't stick insects. We managed to find 15 minutes in Los Angeles to finish it - and it came together. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek and throwaway."

Always
'Always' is the original band jam that gave birth to 'Beautiful Day'. Daniel Lanois feels that it's inspirational. Edge is a little less convinced. "It was a tune that we thought had a pretty good title from day one," he says. "We thought it had potential. But it really wasn't that unique or special and so when we finished 'Beautiful Day', we went back and said 'that's a B-side.' It doesn't really stand up." But as a prism through which to view the metamorphoses are involved in going from the idea for a U2 song to the finished article, it's well worth hearing.

Excellent info, thanks! I have the old, pre-ATYCLB version of Into the Heart.

Strange. I always thought BGAB was a song to make Ali feel better about being pregnant or just after pregnancy (or if she didn't need cheering up, then it could be just a song about how Bono thinks she's beautiful when she's pregnant.) That being big and round made her beautiful, since they've got two babies who are both quite young. Just goes to show, it's all open to interpretation.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Strange. I always thought BGAB was a song to make Ali feel better about being pregnant or just after pregnancy (or if she didn't need cheering up, then it could be just a song about how Bono thinks she's beautiful when she's pregnant.) That being big and round made her beautiful, since they've got two babies who are both quite young. Just goes to show, it's all open to interpretation.

I thought the same thing! In "It's a Musical Journey" it was pointed out that Avenue Atlantico 1702 is the address U2 was staying at when Bono found out Ali was pregnant with John. So maybe when they got into the studio to finish the song, Bono added some stuff about Ali's pregnancy. Just a guess!
smile.gif

Always.........!!!

i know its kind of the birth of Beautiful Day but Im sorry, this song shoul dbe on the album, it should have replaces Grace as the last track! It would have been a great addition!

i love summer rain...and i LOVE LOVE LOVE big girls are best. i loved that the first time i heard it a few months ago. oh, that moaning...*shivers*
and i TOTALLY got the same vibe from the elevation remix, heartland! i was bouncing up and down in my car as i put it on for the first time. it took me back as well!!! ooooh, i miss the tour!!!!!!!!

ummm this isn't about the U27 album, but about an album i grabbed while out buying the U27 album. I got the double disc set of the Best of...the one with the B sides.

and i am totally in love with the two instrumental songs...the bass trap and ummm...that other one....near the end. can't think of the name of it and i am too tired to go look for it.

oh well...i just wanted to say i love them.

because they have a lot of bass.

and i love the WALK ON on 7!!!

Ohhhh. My cd is on it's way (thanks to Sula) so I should have it soon. I do know that BGAB is an absolutely dynamite song. It is so sexy. I am confused though. I thought that he wrote it about Ali when she was pregnant, and not about a)his mother, or b)girls who don't look like Ally Mcbeal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom