Fave line(s) from Million$Hotel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
At first, I laughed hardest when TomTom asks the "beaver" question. Tonight, upon second viewing, I found an even FUNNIER line, but only if you're a Bono-freak. Dixie (I think is the guy--the Lennon guy) says something like this: "Then he's (tomtom) gonna move into this big, white mansion up on a hill, surrounded by green meadows on a cliff overlooking the ocean; and they're gonna serve him 3 meals a day...Now THAT's what I call a FUTURE!"

I laughed my arse off when I realized that line described Bono's house. Don't know how I missed that last night.

You want another freaky coincedence, the day of Tom Tom's confession is March 23 aka Ali's birthday.

Funnier yet is that the only reason I noticed it is that I was at opening night (March 24, 2001) and Bono kept saying how he couldn't make it to her birthday the night before. So to make it's even funnier considering the film was shot in 1999 and Tom Tom especifically says 2001.

Also the whole speech that gallery guy delivers before agreeing to sell the art, damn what a social comment. Definitely taking a stab at himself and the critics at the same time. I was sitting in complete awe listening.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

When Gloria (forgot the role she played) says (about Milla), 'shes a little fuked up, but we're all fuked up' - well whatever the line was, I would say its a very true ting!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I love all the funny lines but my fav is near the end when Tom Tom says the "Life is perfect life is the best" bit until he finishes with "you just don't see it all that clearly when you still in it" That part of the film moved me to tears and helped me through a really hard time.

Originally posted by mad1:
When Gloria (forgot the role she played) says (about Milla), 'shes a little fuked up, but we're all fuked up' - well whatever the line was, I would say its a very true ting!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
LMAO!! That lady scares me!!!!

I have too many fav lines and ideas from that movie -- it's really flippin' poetic.

I just like Tom Tom's reaction to TELEVISION all the time
smile.gif

and I thought the whole thing about Eloise being fiction and all that was interesting....and about all dreams being dreams of awakening.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

There are SOOOOO many little references in that movie (ie mansion line, Ali b-day, etc) its unbelievable. Ever notice how the artist-guy looks and dresses like passengers-era Bono? or how about the nifty little camo cap geronimo wears? And the quotes--At the end when Tom walks down the hall before jumping, hes saying "it was THE SWEETEST THING i've ever heard...." And lots more...Every time I watch it I pick up a little more. And the people get less and less crazy. Its such a great movie...And if you ever get a chance to be in that part of town(its pretty scary-go there in daylight for sure) the soundtrak couldnt be more suiting. That music seems to play in the streets...its eerie.
Ali

Back
Top Bottom