Facts on the blue Les Paul being auctioned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Item # 399
EDGE STUDIO-USED GIBSON GUITAR

1981 Blue-flake Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar, serial number 03381589. Carved AA Maple top, Mahogany body and neck and rosewood fingerboard in blue finish, with black leather Ernie Ball guitar strap.

"This instrument has been in my collection for nearly 6 years. Dallas found it in a vintage shop in a small town in Maryland during the production rehearsals for the 2003 Elevation tour. It has a very good tone and the color makes it quite rare. I used it in the studio on the current unreleased U2 album recordings" - The Edge

[Ed: note, if it was for the Elevation tour, that would make the production rehearsal in late 2000 to early 2001]

"I thought that Edge would like the unique color and sound of this instrument. I installed the pickup in the rear "bridge" position where none existed, and it is accompanied by the case that it came with on the day of purchase." - Dallas Schoo, U2 Guitar Technician

$40,000 - $60,000

There is actually a picture of Edge with the guitar, similar to the pic of him with the Explorer, on the auction page. You have to click on the thumbnails of each item to see the additional pics.

that colour is really cool :love: pity I cannot afford it! :lol:

:ohmy: Just noticed they're putting Bono's tour jacket up for auction! the one he wore during Love and Peace, SBS and Bullet!

Back
Top Bottom