explanation needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjc

The Fly
I meant to ask you people out there to help me, a non-native English speaker, to understand the term "mullet" used for Bono or Larry...

What is a mullet? Maybe exemplify with pics...

thanx!!!

the mullet is a hairstyle with short on the head, and long hair in the neck... THIS is the famous Bono mullet :drool:
liveaid2bono6yk.jpg

more pics to follo w^^

the start of the mullet in '83
:D
bono2tonemulletfurcoat3mc.jpg

now more on the liveaid mullet, wich is in many ways the most obvious mullet :wink:
sliveaid1hz.jpg

bonoliveaidweddingring4lv.jpg

hm... apparently not... this one's UF era... and pretty clear... if you still don't get it, tell me :D
bonosmileufera1av.jpg

and I still don't see why people think it was a terrible hairstyle... I think he looks cute in it :reject:

Bono's Doll said:
Bono is the only man who ever made the mullett half-way acceptable. :wink:
agree....

Larry should definitely lose his.... not good for him...and with all that gel..... it's like he's doing it on purpose to stop being good-looking......:sad:

Maybe part of what is confusing mjc is that Larry DOES NOT HAVE A MULLET! Boy, things are really out of hand when any guy whose hair doesn't look like it came out of the Hitler Youth dress code manual is branded as having a bloody mullet!

The unfortunate style came about because short in the front and long in the back allegedly gave guys with no necks the appearance of actually having one. Bono's no swan, so he gave it his best shot. Didn't work. He doesn't have any feet, either. Thank God the rest of him is so...redemptive!:wink:

SimplyConfused said:
I dislike the mullet hair style, but I don't mind it on Bono...

i know! i agree. everyone keeps saying that the mullet was hideous on him, including himself, lol. but i like it! he could carry anything off...

Very good mullet pics!

Larry's current hair is NOT a mullet. His hair is kind of long, but long hair alone does not make a mullet, as some on the internet mistakingly seem to think. Even long hair with bangs isn't a mullet! The mullet is a very distinctive style of at least three drastically different lengths, such as shown on Bono: very short sides, medium, usually poofy top, and long back. Just any hair that grows down the back of a guy's neck is NOT A MULLET. I wish everyone would stop thinking that, it's wrong.

Very bad mullet:

bonowar1-vi.jpg

THIS is a mullet:

bmullet-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom