Experiences with U2 songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay I was wondering (actually I had an hour off and I lay down on my bed and I was wow thinking) so I was wondering. When I got my POP album and I read the songs' titles and well I love think about the song's meaning before listening to it. So I was reading through the songs?and I started wondering what is "Last night on Earth" mean. First I thought it was some kind of love song, y'know "Oh last night on Earth/we spent together/baby?" so I thought last night = yesterday. But when I listened to it?I was like: "OH MY?this is not that last night?this is THE last night, I mean not the first but the last.

So my question is: did you have any experiences with songs' titles? When you read it and then you listened to it and you were disappointed (maybe pleasantly surprised). Answers please!

------------------
Everyone argues then we do what I say-Bono

Adam is the most hugable member of the band. He just look like he was made for hugging.-madonna's child

Email me at: christina@u2email.com

Well, you mentioned POP, and I remember reading the titles and kind of going "what?!" when I saw that one was, "The Playboy Mansion," but I was very pleasantly surprised when I listened to the song. Of course, how could I have doubted it. It's U2, not Kid Rock!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

before i owned any u2 cds (a dark time indeed), i thought pop as a whole would suck. i heard all this stuff about how it was the band's only failure and whatnot. well, i wanted to hear it, so i bought pop (my first u2 cd). well, now it's one of my favorites, and the songs allow me to laugh, cry, think, and dream. whenever i feel melancholy, it just fits. i'm SO glad i bought it!

Interestingly enough, POP was the first CD i ever really dove into. the Cd that really got me into them. It took awhile to get used to their oldest stuff, but Now I love it all!! (K a little off subject...)

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

"SHHHH!!! Bono is HOO-ing!"
-Me, as Sula and Lilly talk through the end of WOWOY on Popmart Vid

Back
Top Bottom