Excellent New Video Interview with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
There is a new video interview with Bono available to watch starting today on a Dutch website.

Check out this info from U2log:

Bono is furious about the G8 outcome, but blames the lack of a movement:

“People say, are you upset after the G8, you didn’t get this, this and this — of course I am. I am furious. But they blame the politicians. I blame us. We don’t have the movement yet.”

U2’s frontman analyses the results of the G8 meeting with British economist and activist Noreena Hertz in an extensive interview for VPRO’s current afairs show Tegenlicht (‘Backlight’).

Bono talks to Hertz about the results of the G8 summit in Gleneagles this summer and his continuing work as a lobbyist. He also reveals his plans for the new ‘Red-campaign’, which asks companies such as Apple and Nike to produce red coloured products, symbolising the AIDS emergency.

Watch the full interview, recorded backstage at U2’s show in Gothenburg this summer on VPRO Tegenlicht’s website (from September 23).

The interview is part of the VPRO Tegenlicht’s documentary ‘Noreena’s Agenda’, which will be broadcast on Dutch television on September 25. The full documentary can be viewed online from September 26 onwards, at www.vpro.nl/noreenasagenda

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the actual video link:

http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht/afleveringen/24010209/items/24153326/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that we all like to talk about Bono's physical attributes, but when you watch an interview like this you begin to realize just how much more that is GOOD about Bono lies in his Heart and Soul!

THANK YOU, BONO (more than I can ever say)....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

No problem - it's a GREAT interview on issues that are most important to that man's Heart and Soul.

If you really want an insight into Bono the person (and not the persona we see on stage), watch this interview.:yes:

I saw that - it's a really great video! :) Almost made me cry - all his passion for the politics! A must see!

well i was able to download it..the high quality version takes up more than 190 mb though and i'm not sure if i'm able to upload that to ysi, already had problems with a 80 mb file last time..i can give it a try though

Thanks, everyone, for taking interest in what Bono takes interest in - the future of the world's poorest people.

And thanks for your support, hotpepper and Duchess.

It's nice to be recognized for all the info that I try to pass along.

:hug:

hmpf the upload broke up 4 times now..

here's the direct url to the video: mms://streams.omroep.nl/tv/vpro/tegenlicht/bb.20050923.asf

if you're able to download streams (with CoCSoft StreamDown for example), you just have to put in that address and it downloads automatically..i'll keep trying to upload it though

thanks for letting us know jamila :)

I was able to download the file and it was huge. So I converted it to avi and
7.gif
http://s39.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=0ROUY3O4C3ID3D72TG5TDITVH

thanks so much, threwabrick, for taking the time to help us preserve this very important interview with Bono. ;)

WOW!! It is heavy indeed!! Thanks so much for the hard work of uploading it!! :bow: :applaud: :wink:

If there's any trouble with YSI, I can offer the necessary space on one of my domains for uploading/downloading.

thanks for posting the link to the website--what a fantastic interview!
If anyone were interested in re-posting the ysi link or creating a new one, that would be lovely--it seems to have expired.
cheers all!

Jamila said:
I will follow! :rockon:

Right on!!! Thank you for sharing with us Jamila...Bono is all over the place these days, it is hard to keep up with him:sigh: I am so inspired by his efforts to make "Poverty history". And after all these years he has not given up the fight!!! Bono is truly my hero.:up:

Jamila said:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the actual video link:

http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht/afleveringen/24010209/items/24153326/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for posting Jamila - very interesting interview! :yes::up:

...but, I just have to :rant:! Why, why does Bono keep on using this part of the world (Scandinavia) as his prime example of "the good boys in the class" when it comes to development aid and the infamous "0,7"??? :angry:

This is not the first time he is doing it, and every time he does it, he makes we want to :rant: even more! It more and more gives me the impression that he is not so updated on what he is talking about as he should be... God, I so wish I had a chance to talk with him about this, so I could get an explanation! :sigh:

[/end of rant]

Back
Top Bottom