exams such

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
that's right, they suck so bad they get their own thread. poo :madspit:

So, what types of intellectual torture must the rest of you suffer? Tonight I have business law and Friday is Latin American politics. :down:

Heh...I spent more time calculating what minimum score I need on the business law exam in order to get credit for the course (C or better) that hardcore studying. I need a little over 60%, which would have been a definite failure in high school, but what with the difficulty and grading curves is more like a D-. So, hopefully I can just remember 60% of the material. :D

Sociolinguistics tomorrow, Psalms and Wisdom Books on Thursday (which will kick my ass because "we in the Religion department don't give anything above a 96 on principle," especially if you're not a major, which I'm not. stupid religion department.), and Methods in Political Analysis on Friday.
And I haven't started studying for any of them yet. :up: go me.

It's sad when finals week is actually less stressful than classes. :|

Mine are in January... we do modules in Britain.
I've got Politics 1, Politics 2, Modern History 1, English Literature and General Studies 1 & 2 coming up :(

kellyahern said:

Good luck to all with finals :hug: In a few years, they will be a distant memory . . . and then you'll be paying off student loans, like me :(

Thanks Kelly, I already have over $30,000 in loans and I'm just a little over halfway done with school :huh:

BTW, exams go by fast when you only answer half the questions! :D :crack:

Trademarks on Thursday, Tax on Friday, Law & Music Industry paper due on Monday.

Already took a Trust & Estates exam last week.

Currently working on an Accounting for Lawyers take-home exam.

ouch... my brain hurts. :(

ps- for those of you considering law school- don't do it!!! ;)

*Ally* said:
Trademarks on Thursday, Tax on Friday, Law & Music Industry paper due on Monday.

Already took a Trust & Estates exam last week.

Currently working on an Accounting for Lawyers take-home exam.

ouch... my brain hurts. :(

ps- for those of you considering law school- don't do it!!! ;)

ah, another law kid! :wave:

i graduated last year, but i certainly remember the hell that was exam time (especially in law school :yikes: ). we didn't have any fun courses like law and the music industry, though.

good luck ladies! it will soon be over!

Another law person here! Luckily I am done with the first year first semester exams as of yesterday. I had property, torts, contracts, civil procedure, and criminal law; all typical first year classes. They went okay.

Best of luck to everyone else!

On Monday I had marketing, today I had algebra, and tommorow I have statistics. Only three finals out of five classes and I'm done on Wednesday! Not bad at all. I can't wait to blow this popsicle stand, it's Christmas time!

But not before my friends and I have margarita night tommorow. :D

ah, yes... the fun that is law school! :yawn: ;)

congratulations on graduating, dandy! i am almost done- 1 more semester after this one... and i am planning on taking it pretty easy next semester (taking another fun class, 'the connection of law and literature'- can't wait!).

and congrats on being through with 1st semester 1L year, lauren430! that's definitely an accomplishment- they always say that 1L year is the hardest... although i think i partied a bit too much back then. :drunk: ;) if anything, things do get easier after 1st semester, b/c you now know how to take a law school exam. :)

good luck to everyone else who has finals!!! before we know it, it will all be a distant memory...

:wink: :D

*Ally* said:

congratulations on graduating, dandy!

thanks! graduating was the easy part. i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up, so i've avoided the private practice thing like the plague. unfortunately, there aren't many alternative career choices, so i've been wandering around lost since graduation. :huh: happily, though, i just got a job with the federal government as a legal researcher! (all i wanted for christmas was a job!)

*Ally* said:
i am almost done- 1 more semester after this one... and i am planning on taking it pretty easy next semester (taking another fun class, 'the connection of law and literature'- can't wait!).

:up:

third year was a blast--you know how it works, and you're free to take fun stuff like law and literature. i'm sure you'll hit on martha nussbaum's work, she's amazing.

sending more good karma to the exam frazzled girls!

*Ally* said:
and i am planning on taking it pretty easy next semester (taking another fun class, 'the connection of law and literature'- can't wait!).

Honey, you need to look up "fun" in a dictionary. :p

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Heh...I spent more time calculating what minimum score I need on the business law exam in order to get credit for the course (C or better) that hardcore studying. I need a little over 60%, which would have been a definite failure in high school, but what with the difficulty and grading curves is more like a D-. So, hopefully I can just remember 60% of the material. :D

heh, yeah, I spent a good deal of yesterday going "Ok.. I need 180/200 to get an A... but I only need above 130 to get me a B..."

luckily, it wasn't that hard of an exam

madonna's child said:

Honey, you need to look up "fun" in a dictionary. :p

haha... that is definitely true! trust me, this is not my normal definition of fun- i'd rather go out dancing, or drink a margarite, or go see a U2 show! ;) but in law school, this is probably the most 'fun' class there is- we'll basically reading novels the entire semester!!! that's much better than reading cases about Federal Income Tax, or doing the tedious work for Financial Statement Analysis & Interpretation. *yawn*

i know i'm making law school sound terrible- it's really not that bad! i'm just in exam hell right now. there are other 'fun' classes to take: i took Art Law, Law & Music Industry, Family Law, Juvenile Justice... :)

Kristie said:

heh, yeah, I spent a good deal of yesterday going "Ok.. I need 180/200 to get an A... but I only need above 130 to get me a B..."

*wants that grading scale!*

three down, one to go.....at least this last one won't be too difficult. Our last exam in this class was during the World Series and I managed a B+ w/o having any time or motivation to study. Not that I care about Latin American politics anyway. Damn core courses! :madspit:

Gosh, I hated exams. I had real trouble coping with pressure in school. I have never been good under pressure, am still not, probably never will be.

These four are the last exams I'll ever have at University - thank God!!! :D

December 13th: Social Pharmacy including Management & Organisation

January 3rd: Pharmacotherapy
(It's without any kind of books, notes, anything - so goodbye New Years eve! :banghead:!)

January 13th: Toxicology/Occupational Health

January 25th: Drug Production

(In between these two exams I also have to write the project description for my Masters! :huh: )

...and then - off to Norway and no more exams!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom