evolution of the straw hat (the really fine one with shells on it)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you, drealynn42, it would be a shame if Bono felt that he ALWAYS have to dress and act like "Bono" (shades, hats, outrageous antics, etc) when he is out in public.:yes:

I know we all love and accept him for himself, but I wish others (the media, the general public, etc) would just LET BONO BE BONO! :wink:

I get the impression that he thinks that he has to keep up a certain image to impress others when all he really has to do is to SIMPLY BE HIMSELF.:up:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

drealynn42 said:

Poor Bono! He's so famous, he has to dress like Bono at the beach. Either that, or he knows he would burn to a crisp with that skin tone...

That's the truth. I have two shades, pink or peeling, flaming red!

Edge looks really great in that hat. I dont think it fits Bono's head as well :uhoh:

05.28.2003%2002b.jpg

this one is better tho:
lookwhy.jpeg

Last edited:
Bono presently is wearing two different versions of the infamous straw hat (which kinda resembles a cowboy hat).

The first one has a green stone attached in the front of it. I don't know if it's Jade, but green is a good color (the color of Ireland).:wink:

If it is Jade, I think Jade is a stone of insight/wisdom/inner guidance/inner strength, so it would be good for Bono to help remind him to ALWAYS FOLLOW HIS INNER VOICE and to BE CONFIDENT IN HIMSELF. :angel:

The other straw hat that Bono wears is the one with the cowry shells around it.

Cowry shells are found around the tropics but are most associated with African jewelry.

So Bono could be wearing that hat to always keep Africa close to him and to be a subtle reminder to others to remember (and to help) Africa. :hug:

This is the emotional reaction that I get from seeing the B-man in these hats.

Great thread - let's keep it going!

LET'S SEE COLORS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN.....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

drealynn42 said:

Dude, he looks like Robin Williams in this one! (hmmm, new thread topic...)

i have long had a bizarro attraction to robin williams :confused: :reject:, and there is definitely some kind of resemblance between him and our bono. i'm glad i'm not the only one who's noticed it...

Last edited:
Jamila said:
Bono presently is wearing two different versions of the infamous straw hat (which kinda resembles a cowboy hat).

The first one has a green stone attached in the front of it. I don't know if it's Jade, but green is a good color (the color of Ireland).:wink:

If it is Jade, I think Jade is a stone of insight/wisdom/inner guidance/inner strength, so it would be good for Bono to help remind him to ALWAYS FOLLOW HIS INNER VOICE and to BE CONFIDENT IN HIMSELF. :angel:

The other straw hat that Bono wears is the one with the cowry shells around it.

Cowry shells are found around the tropics but are most associated with African jewelry.

So Bono could be wearing that hat to always keep Africa close to him and to be a subtle reminder to others to remember (and to help) Africa. :hug:

This is the emotional reaction that I get from seeing the B-man in these hats.

Great thread - let's keep it going!

LET'S SEE COLORS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN.....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

In Asian cultures green jade is good luck. I'm never without mine.

Hello girls,

I have a question, maybe a cultural question, please help me:help:
You know, Brazil is a tropical country whith a lot of beaches, and is really common to wear straw hats on the beach.
We buy this kind of hat on the beach (in the sand), we choose the shells to put in the hat, and is very cheap, around US$ 3,00, but we wear ONLYy on the beach, difficultly in the streets, parties, events.
The Bono's look ( straw hat whith long sleeves dark denin)is really outfashion here.
Please talk about yours countries,yours custumes...I don't know what to think about this look.:huh:
Thanks girls, and I hope you understand me.
:reject:
Patricia

Around here, the only people with straw hats are the Amish. :wink:

And could denim be the new leather for Bono? Denim jackets seem to be making multiple appearances, while leather is hardly to be seen. :hmm:

Most of the time, he looks cute in it and the hat's OK in the right context (ie South of France vacation) but it's weird to see it in Dublin where the weather is not warm. If he wants to work the cowboy hat look, he should get an alternate, colder weather version.

I have more issue with the clunky, industrial sandals. I know he likes to pick up a couple of inches in height via the shoes but, please, find something that looks better! Adam always has great sandals on, maybe he needs to take Bono shopping?

Shy -- I don't think that hat's really in fashion anywhere else besides Bono's head!

kellyahern said:

me too :reject:

I love the beach, but I hate spending 15 minutes coating myself with spf45 sunscreen :mad:

on topic: I kinda like the hat :lol:

Me too. I go up to 50spf and still I burn.

:hmm: Maybe I should think about getting a straw cowboyish style hat?

okay, my many reasponses to the thread. dude i agree on the sandals. lol. theyre a bit platformy for me. i think bono is looking better in the hat as he loses weight. when he was gettin kinda doughy the hat made his head look fat. the look was good on him when he was younger. personally i liked the camo hat better. but hey, its his head and i think hes sexy no matter what he puts on it. hmmm i thought i had more to say but i think i forgot.... oh yeah, where i live the hat would be in fashion to wear anywhere but thats because i live in hickville around a bunch of rednecks and cowboys. bono would love it

I've seen lads and girls wearing similar hats all around here in Canada.. I actually have one.. it's me weekend cottage hat same as the one with Bono's beads but prolly a bit older saves me doing the hair and fits in with the laid back cottage country I live in during the summer , I always see people at resorts with em too. They've actually made it back into fashionable head attire in Toronto .. they are all over the stores like Holt Renfrew

ylimeU2 said:
This is picture really is cute. More short sleeves, Bono! And the hair actually looks good there, for a change.

ylimeU2 said:
LARRY: Oh. My. God! Aren't you Bono? Can I get a picture with you? Please!?

Originally posted by nurse chrissi

33%3B5547923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D528%3D%3A5%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A4473872ot1lsi

Brad Pitt!? Are there any celebrites that Bono doesn't know?

Originally posted by drealynn42

Poor Bono! He's so famous, he has to dress like Bono at the beach. Either that, or he knows he would burn to a crisp with that skin tone...
Oh, Bono, I feel your pain. Damn genetics.

RockNRollDawgie said:
It could be Bono giving us hints that the
Daltons may make an appearance soon?
:)

:lol: :yes:

I told you so... ! :wink:

i quite like the hat, think it looks pretty cool actually (i must be the only one)

i do agree on the shoes though - the platform sandals are quite corny. every knows bono is 6ft or anything close and its not like and inch on the shoes is really gonna make that much difference. normal sandals would be cool i reckon (like adam)

I like the hat too...I almost bought a green one somewhat like it...but i have no where to wear it.
I wonder if the objects ...like the hat the jackets become somewhat comforting to people like bono who are always on the road and stuff.
maybe the hat was a gift ....? i wonder if they still employ a stylist for non tour times.
this hat causes me to wonder.
ill continue to wonder until i get some answers!

Back
Top Bottom