Every little thing he does is magic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Why is Bono so cute?!!

I was driving home yesterday listening to my Bono solo cd and being remembered of all the ways he is cute! I'm starting a list
biggrin.gif

(in no particular order!)

1. How shy he was around BB King
2. How hard he tried to get Frank Sinatra to sing his song "Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad"
3. How he can hold solid convictions that are completely opposing and get people to agree with him.
4. His jacket sleeves!

Okay add more!! I know there's plenty more quirky ways Bono is cute!
smile.gif

------------------
"You're nuts!" <-- when my mom heard my plans for the 3rd leg.

Packing a suitcase for a place...
that has to be believed to be seen

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

5. He is in love with his wife (lol good or bad?!) and has kids which is adorable

*Bono plays nekkid rugby with kids and then proceeds to garden in the nude* lol family man he is!

"She calls me baby"~Bono, on if Ali calls him Paul or Bono

------------------
~*Mona*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

"I feel like trash. I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!" ~MonaPhisto~

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Why is Bono so cute?!!

I was driving home yesterday listening to my Bono solo cd and being remembered of all the ways he is cute! I'm starting a list
biggrin.gif

(in no particular order!)

when he teases Edge. You can see the little boy in him when he does it.

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

6. The way he tries to get all his emotions out but fail and does all this frustrated moves with his hands, arms, legs, head. Everything.

Totally agree with Wildhonee about loving his wife. When people ask me who I have as wallpaper I tell them and they say, he's good looking. I answer, yeah, and he's married since 20 years and has four kids, with the same woman. They all get stonned and very impressed.

7. Sleeves.... again...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

The sheer, sweet, unembarrassed goofiness of the man...

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

1. The dimples
2. The charisma
3. The Edge kissing/hugging. The guy's got excellent taste!
biggrin.gif

4.The fact that he has kept his humility all these years and that he still treats the fans with such patience, kindness and enthusiasm (as they all do but esp. Bono)

What a sweetie pie.....
smile.gif

His witty sense of humor

How he loses everything

His wife (yes!)

His really really poor driving skills!

------------------
"You're nuts!" <-- when my mom heard my plans for the 3rd leg.

Or how he fell asleep at Frank Sinatra's place and spilled his drink in his lap--he thought he pissed himself (that's just too funny).

He's just quite the character!
smile.gif

------------------
The goal is SOUL

#7283 The way he always tries to evade his security guys while on tour....

#7283(a) Nightswimming. Stolen tablecloths, etc.

#7284 His duck-walk during live performances of New York..... What a spaz!

#7285 The way he probably checks the Bono is Elevated thread every single day to see what new things we have to say about him in all his glory.

Originally posted by VelvetDress:

#7285 The way he probably checks the Bono is Elevated thread every single day to see what new things we have to say about him in all his glory.

AW-that's so CUTE VelvetDress-and funny!

*gets mental image of him doing that*

*can't stop giggling*

I think everything has been mentioned, but to me it's all those things. It starts with that face, those eyes, the expressions he makes, the way he runs his hand gently back through his beautiful hair, his cool outfits, the way he holds his sleeves, the way he moves- his mannerisms, gestures, his walk, his voice, his charisma, magnetism, charm, compassion, tenderness, faith and faithfulness to his wife. Is that enough?

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Hey, you quoted a Police song (more or less) in the subject of this post! I thought this was a Sting appreciation thread!
biggrin.gif

About Bono, I find the way he tries soooooo hard to reach out to the audience--and almost always succeeds--very cute.
smile.gif

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

yes...sometimes i watch bono and that (Police) song pops into my head
smile.gif

i thought of another thing he does: especially during a slow song where the mic is on the stand. How he approaches the microphone, leaning in with his head and he's very gentle and you think he was going to give it a kiss but then he just starts to sing so softly and beautifully.

sigh.

and of course all times and ways he sings "Carry" b/c you *know* he really means to sing "Carrie"
smile.gif

------------------

I can't stand all this cuteness!

I love the way he talks and talks and talks all the time..in interviews, at award shows, on stage....and it always comes out so gracefully.

And I love how he KNOWS that he can't stop talking!

And he always tries to find the right words...and so he stutters sometimes!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 10-09-2001).]

I was JUST THINKING OF THIS the other day while driving to work listening to my new Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack CD!! (GREAT CD...rather mellow, but I just love it). I was pondering on how absolutely everything Bono touches seems to turn to gold (well, maybe except for the MDH movie itself). So let me add to this list:
  • His brain and the way it works, and strings together "seemingly unrelated things" together until they all make sense and you end up completely agreeing with him.
  • His amazing ability with lyrics...I don't know of anyone who seems to be more blessed with the gift of words than he. Maybe C.S. Lewis, but um...he's dead.
    wink.gif
  • is philanthropic ways; he hands out large sums of money to poor and homeless folks on the street for no reason at all.
  • How he has kept his sense of shyness, sweetness, humility, humbleness, and self-deprecation while living the life of a world-famous rock god who can make people SHRIEK simply by singing a couple of notes.
  • The musical instrument that is his VOICE!!! His falsetto, his growls, his moans, his whispers, his screams...OMG *faints* Who else can sing like this man???????
  • The strong bonds of love between Bono and his family, his bandmates, and his friends. And the way he makes new friends at the drop of a hat. Really envious of that. I'm too picky and not a 'people person.'
    frown.gif
  • His wacky, crazy, sweet and wonderful sense of humor!
  • His adorable extra long sleeves. I bought a sweater just this weekend that had "Bono sleeves"!
  • His penchant for leather...thank you Jesus for this man!
    biggrin.gif

Bono...Edge...Bono...Edge...argh!!! So hard to choose...I love them both!!!

Disco...

I think you guys nailed everything, he's attractive cause he's full of contrasts. It's just this thing of how tiny and vulnarable he loooks yet how sexual he can be. How childish, friendly, and charming yet how serious, travelled an knowledged he is. How he can have everything, all the excesses and yet has only a few. How throughout it all he's still the same innocent kid making music with his friends and still dating the love of his life. There's so many facets to his personality all good yet contradicting that it's hard to believe they could coexist with such peace.

I don't know I'm doing my best to explain but I don't know if I made any sense.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

...every little thing just turns me on...

*bump*

I also love how he introduces Larry Edge and Adam
smile.gif
I have those introductions from many of the shows at my site..
smile.gif

mbi, you got it there, those contradictions! bluesky - yup! perfect!
------------------

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 10-10-2001).]

Ohh...I love this thread... maybe because I love the man it's about. Wow, so many things and I agree in every single one of them.

Another thing he does that I just love is when he kind of embraces himself, he takes one hand/arm and either grab himself around his wais or grab the other upper arm. You know what I mean? I've never seen anyone do it as much as he and he has done it since he was young. It's so sweet and cute.
This is the only photo I could find quickly that show ahint of it.
6252313-fc32-02000155-L.jpg

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 10-10-2001).]

*bump!*

i had to! i adore this thread.

RE-SUR-EC-TION!

..eh... that wasn't too funny. ah, well.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company"

He can be goofy and sarcastic yet serious and so mature...

Ahh, he's just a sensual creature!
WithAHat.jpg

See??
biggrin.gif

Amor.gif

------------------
Dilbert: Is there more to life than just working?
Dogbert: Yes, there's also the complaining about work, the nightly periods of unconsciousness and sweet, sweet death.
Dilbert: Maybe I should have kids.
Dogbert: To share the joy? ...

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 10-15-2001).]

He can be goofy and sarcastic yet serious and so mature...

Ahh, he's just a sensual creature!
WithAHat.jpg

See??
biggrin.gif

Tomale%20una%20foto!.gif
"]http://dazzle.mightyeyes.com/Asx/22432/22432-20010927-85330-j9jrp/Tomale%20una%20foto!.gif[/IMG][/url]
Amor.gif

------------------
Dilbert: Is there more to life than just working?
Dogbert: Yes, there's also the complaining about work, the nightly periods of unconsciousness and sweet, sweet death.
Dilbert: Maybe I should have kids.
Dogbert: To share the joy? ...

When he runs during Streets

When he dances with a girl

When he makes Larry laugh because they know each other so well.

smile.gif
*heart*

------------------
Love is a temple
Love the higher law

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--Updated w/ new song!

that pic of him cuddlin the American flag

biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Shamrock n' roller
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

Back
Top Bottom