Ever feel like a Sim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK, this is weird, but...

Yesterday at work, I used the restroom... there are only two stalls and two sinks, the place is pretty small. After doing my business, I came out of the stall to find that a woman, who hadn't used a stall, was already at one sink... the woman in the other stall beat me to the other sink... so when I emerged from the stall I was in, I literally had nowhere to go.

The first thought in my mind was, "OMG! I'm a Sim!" :eeklaugh: You know how they can get trapped in places and can't move and just throw up their arms in frustration and shake their head? That's what I felt like doing yesterday in the bathroom.... and that's when I realized I need :help:

I'm a Sims geek. :reject:

LOL, yeah, I have felt that way-haven't had that situation you described happen to me, but I have felt like one on some days.

Sims is a fun game! A friend of my sister's let her borrow the game and she's played it on here a few times and I've played along, and it's a neat thing to play-now I want to get one for myself.

Angela

erised said:
OK, this is weird, but...

Yesterday at work, I used the restroom... there are only two stalls and two sinks, the place is pretty small. After doing my business, I came out of the stall to find that a woman, who hadn't used a stall, was already at one sink... the woman in the other stall beat me to the other sink... so when I emerged from the stall I was in, I literally had nowhere to go.

The first thought in my mind was, "OMG! I'm a Sim!" :eeklaugh: You know how they can get trapped in places and can't move and just throw up their arms in frustration and shake their head? That's what I felt like doing yesterday in the bathroom.... and that's when I realized I need :help:

I'm a Sims geek. :reject:

:lmao: So just now you realize you need :help: ? ;)

That reminds me, I haven't played Sims in a while... those silly little fellas. :cute:

erised your sig is hillarious! :lmao:

And: Yes, I do feel like a sims sometimes. :| After days of only playing the sims I start thinking why time passes so slowly here. :coocoo:

LOL. When I used to be terribly addicted to the game I would get these crazy thoughts that maybe we are controlled by some random people playing a computer game. That kept me up for a night or two :shifty: But anyway, I did a speech in my speech class on how to play the sims. It was pretty funny. AND....has anyone else seen the Drew Carey show where they do part of the show as Sims? It is very funny.

The other day I was at Target looking for a lamp for my son. As I looked around at the furnishings in that area, I recall thinking 'Oh, that desk would be perfect for my new Simmies! And so would that picture. And so would that...... '

So, yes, I can totally picture what you were thinking in that bathroom!

DML said:
LOL. When I used to be terribly addicted to the game I would get these crazy thoughts that maybe we are controlled by some random people playing a computer game.

:ohmy:

Sometimes I think about that kind of things too! I was going to tell about it when I read your post! hehe, I thought I was the only one who was that :coocoo: to think about that possibility!

Glad I'm not alone on this...

Anglea: It IS a fun game! I can't wait till the new "Superstar" one comes out in May! :hyper:

FJ: I've been slacking on playing too, but I recently bought the Deluxe version for my cousins and so it kinda inspired me to want to play again. I downloaded a bunch of cool *hacked* objects...even a flying broom! I plan on making a set of HP sims :cute:

FallingStar: Thanks for the compliment on my sig! :D

DML: I've had those thoughts too. :shifty: And I haven't seen the Drew Carey show...will keep an eye out for that! I did just download a Drew Carey sim, though

U2Lynne: I sooooooo know what you're talking about in the store!!! :laugh:

bluephisto: I hear ya on the energy thing... me need to install an espresso machine in my place! :yes:

my brother was just here a few minutes ago and he was telling me about playing that game...my grandma has it on her computer...he said that he was broke and sold the toilet and everyone got really angry

One of these days, I am gonna build a Sim family and just let them run without me telling them what to do. I wanna see how long they last before they die. Haha....I also get quite a kick out of killing a sim every once in a while. Sick...yes, I am well aware of that, but it's kinda funny. :shifty:

IWasBored said:
they...die?

Sims? Yeah, sadly, they are like you and me. They can die in a number of ways too....

If you don't clean the hamster cage, they can get sick and die
They can drown in a pool
They can get electrocuted
They can die from starvation
They can die in a fire

There are a number of ways...those are just a few. But if the Grim Reaper is in a good mood, another Sim can baragain with him and maybe he will bring the dead Sim back to life. Haha.

And I am now scarying myself because I know ways for a sim to die....:eeklaugh:

DML said:

Sims? Yeah, sadly, they are like you and me. They can die in a number of ways too....

They can drown in a pool
They can die in a fire

There are a number of ways...those are just a few. But if the Grim Reaper is in a good mood, another Sim can baragain with him and maybe he will bring the dead Sim back to life. Haha.

LOL.

Yeah, they die-I know about this now thanks to something that happened one time with my sister.

My sister and I were making families one day on there, and we decided to make Edge's family.

Well, they ran low on money, and some of them hadn't eaten, and Morleigh wound up dying. I was like, "You killed Edge's wife!"

It was creepy when she died, though-the screen got darker, and their children were still running around laughing because she hadn't completely stopped the game yet, and the children's laughter was eerie and everything. It's creepy when Sims die.

Angela

DML said:
One of these days, I am gonna build a Sim family and just let them run without me telling them what to do. I wanna see how long they last before they die. Haha....I also get quite a kick out of killing a sim every once in a while. Sick...yes, I am well aware of that, but it's kinda funny. :shifty:

I've killed a few Sims before :shifty:

I downloaded a house/family and put it in my game...but once I started playing, I realized the family was a total bore, so I killed them and moved someone else into the house. :|

You people are sick Sims killers! :eek:

:laugh:

My Sim Larry died in a fire, but it wasn't planned. :shifty:

DML said:

They can drown in a pool
They can die in a fire

:shocked:

as a little kid this game would have disturbed me greatly...now i think it sounds fun :shifty:

this whole sim thing occures as pretty strange to me.. never played it though...
dunno why.. ego shooters and stuff I do not mind/ see as strange.. but Sim is really awekward to me.. why?
It creeps me out to read that you guys are creating like Edge or Larry families and run their lives and they die and stuff...
I am not calling you sick or something, please don't misunderstand me.. I just think the concept is freaky... but I guess once I tried it myself I'd probably come to like it too :)

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL.

Yeah, they die-I know about this now thanks to something that happened one time with my sister.

My sister and I were making families one day on there, and we decided to make Edge's family.

Well, they ran low on money, and some of them hadn't eaten, and Morleigh wound up dying. I was like, "You killed Edge's wife!"

It was creepy when she died, though-the screen got darker, and their children were still running around laughing because she hadn't completely stopped the game yet, and the children's laughter was eerie and everything. It's creepy when Sims die.

Angela

That reminds me of when I first started playing the game and I had no clue what I was doing...and so the parents died, and the kids went all insane like. It was quite creepy, yet humorous.

a-mole said:
this whole sim thing occures as pretty strange to me.. never played it though...
dunno why.. ego shooters and stuff I do not mind/ see as strange.. but Sim is really awekward to me.. why?
It creeps me out to read that you guys are creating like Edge or Larry families and run their lives and they die and stuff...
I am not calling you sick or something, please don't misunderstand me.. I just think the concept is freaky... but I guess once I tried it myself I'd probably come to like it too :)

it creeps me out too, might be kind of fun though, yeah

Back
Top Bottom