Emilie and the boys, in the freezing Dublin cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
okay, sorry to have kept u waiting, a friend of mine came to my place, and she didnot want to leave :rant:

anyway, u can check the link of my snapfish album, i uploaded the pics.... they are at the bottom of the page:up:

So, here we go... ready?? sit down first, and take a drink, it is gonna be long :lol:

on wednesday, i heard that it was gonna be freezing in dublin during the week-end. I was like "oh shit", but well, i am used to that, so, i just put 2 sweatshirts, and 2 pants, and it is okay....

but this time... :shocked: geez, it has never been sooooo cold!!!
when i took the bus in Galway on thursday morning, it was raining and windy :eyebrow: and all ur stuff (letters, gifts, pic etc...) were in a big big separate bag (it looked like i was Santa Claus lol )

anyway, i arrived in dublin, i went to the hostel. I was wearing 3t-shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 pants, high Boots, gloves, 2 hats, and a big jacket... I took the way to the studios. I couldnot walk, it was raining, but i couldnot use my umbrella cos of the wind, (that's why i took hats, to protect my hair :lol: ) and i tried to protect the bag with ur stuff from the rain and the wind... so i took me something like one hour to reach the studios :huh:

miss-U2 said:
okay, sorry to have kept u waiting, a friend of mine came to my place, and she didnot want to leave :rant:

LOL

miss-U2 said:
anyway, u can check the link of my snapfish album, i uploaded the pics.... they are at the bottom of the page:up:

Oh my God!!! :ohmy: I've just seen the pics - the one with you and Bono :shocked: You're such a lucky girl!!! :wink: :bow:

... btw, I looove the way his hair is looking now!!! :ohmy: :drool: :flirt:

miss-U2 said:
So, here we go... ready?? sit down first, and take a drink, it is gonna be long

Oh, take your time - I'm just gonna sit here by the computer with one of my school-books reading and waiting for your story... :D

Last edited:
i will remember these days of my life!! i can still see myself, walking, well trying to walk, with the wind and the rain, step by step, as slow as a turtle :coocoo:

anyway, when i arrived there, at 1.30pm, i saw sam's car parked, and rob's one. No posts were in front of the garage. So they were waiting for the band. I looked in the garage, no car. So, they were not here yet :hyper:

i sat on the bench (well i put some plastic bags under my butt first lol). The weather was not THAT bad yet :no: it was just raining and windy (and cold of course) but it was like this lots of times, so... :rolleyes:

i started reading a book i have to read before monday (i have a test :crazy: ), but with the rain, my book is now completely soaked :uhoh: anyway, i was the only fan there. i first thought it was cool, cos i could say all i wanted to say, and give them everything etc.... but i finally realised that when it will get dark i will have some problem :reject: and when u r alone there, and when it is cold, u can't start dancing or singin, u would look studios, so u just stay on the bench, and you are really freezing.

miss-U2 said:
and all ur stuff (letters, gifts, pic etc...) were in a big big separate bag (it looked like i was Santa Claus lol )
:lol: :lol:

anyway, i arrived in dublin, i went to the hostel. I was wearing 3t-shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 pants, high Boots, gloves, 2 hats, and a big jacket... I took the way to the studios. I couldnot walk, it was raining, but i couldnot use my umbrella cos of the wind, (that's why i took hats, to protect my hair :lol: ) and i tried to protect the bag with ur stuff from the rain and the wind... so i took me something like one hour to reach the studios :huh:
Poor Emilie! :hug: :hug:

Great pics!!!!
Bono was wearing just one shirt.Is he crazy or what??:eyebrow: :lol:

HelloAngel said:
I want to see the pics! :sad: Pleeeazzy?

i sent the link to you 2 minutes ago :scratch: what's wrong with snapfish??

anyway, the weather was getting worse and worse. I was soaked and all my bags were too.
at something like 2 or 2.30pm, i saw this grey car coming... "oh my god, thank you :bow:" it was adam!!! i was like "yes, please, now, come out :hyper:"
the problem is that i couldnot recognise me, as i was wearing a big jacket and 2 hats, with my hair under them :huh:

lost of trucks were passing as always, and people were looking at me like this :ohmy: someone even asked me if i was waiting for the bus :lmao:, "really, me :eyebrow waiting for the bus, dressed like this, in this street??:coocoo:"

anyway, from this moment, the weather was really the worse ever :yes: rain, snow, wind, cold, everything :crazy: it was somehting like -3?C i can't believe i waited 4hours at -3?C, plus the wind....

Supernova said:

Bono was wearing just one shirt.Is he crazy or what??:eyebrow: :lol:

well, inside the studios, it is really really warm, something like 30?C :drool:

i tried to take out my umbrella, when i saw that bags were soaked, (i was getting worried about ur stuff) and that my pants, hats, jacket and gloves were soaked too. But of course with the wind, what a bad idea :no: this umbrella was very very expensive, cos it is one especally for wind u know, a really good one.... But here, the wind was really too strong, and the umbrella passed away :sad: every 2 minutes, the umbrella was out of my control if u know waht i mean. And it was getting on my nerves :madspit: i was yelling really, :rant: but i finally ended up crying... i lost my nerves. Cos only adam was there, he didnot come out, i was soaked, my stuff too, my umbrella was pissing me off, i was cold and alone and blahblahblah...
when i was texting Bono's Tart, my fingers hurt soo much, really, just ot move them and it hurt, same for my whole body actually.... but i was getting worse and worse :(

i decided not to stay sitting. I started walking in front of the bench, jumping etc.... But it really hurt. But i had to move, or i would have ended up withouth legs and arms... so i really looked stupid, walking up and down... :rolleyes:

Oh here's the story! Thank you so much Emilie :hug: :applaud:

Bono looks so good, pretty hair :cute: no scruff :) open shirt and rosary :drool: in that one pic with you we can see his eyes! :love:

U2Kitten said:
in that one pic with you we can see his eyes! :love:

yeah i noticed that too :combust:

at something like 3pm, i saw bono's mercedes coming up the road :bow: i was still walking, in the snow/rain/wind, and when i saw the car entering the garage, i shouted" YYYYYYYAAAYYYYY" and then i prayed for them to come out in the following second :crazy:

but unfortunatly, i had to wait again :sad: and i was colder and colder. Actually, it is not even cold, not even frozen, it was more than that, i couldnot even feel the cold anymore, i could just feel the hurt. and i was like "geez, u have to stay, just think about all these fans who would pay for being there in the feezing cold, and u have the chance to be there, and u promised, so it is neither the rain nor the snow nor the wind which will make u give up :no: it depends on ur mind, where there's a will there's a way :wink: so that's why i stayed.

i was then starting to talk with myself :coocoo: i had to move my mouth, so i started singing and talking (to encourage myself lol ), god, i really looked stupid :lol:

bonosloveslave said:
Emilie, I can't belive you sat through all this! :( :sad:

:hug:

and don't worry, i am still alive, and ready to do it again and again :up:

a bit later, Edge arrived. I couldnot believe my eyes, as Bono's tart told me he was in NY :shocked:

so, well, i don't know how it happened... but suddendly, i saw adam walking across the street :ohmy: geez, it was like a miracle lol

i could feel my body, but i can tell u that i couldnot feel the hurt either when he was there :hug:

so i think i was walking, and when i turned round, he was crossing the street, to go the bench, but he was really really really cold :sad: he was freezing under his jacket, i can tell u that, it is the first thing i noticed when i saw him, he tried to keep himself warm while walking to me :cute:

when he was coming close to me, i started talking "oh my, thank god :bow:" and there, he recognised me, he was close enough, (and i took off my soaked hats at this moment,, so that he could see my soaked hair and i took off my soaked gloves too)

when he realised it was me, he had this expression on his face :ohmy: :laugh: :sad: :hug: and he said "OOOOHHH EEEMMMIILLLIIIEE, what are YOU doing HERE??? :shocked: you should be at home!!" he really didnot understand, as i met him many times, no need to wait in this weather for another pic lol :coocoo:
i answered "i know, i should be studying :yes: but i promised all these fans from PLEBA that i will give you what they sent me so... :heart:"
actually, i couldnot believe my eyes, i still can't believe it....He came out to see me with this fucking weather :love: so i was really thankful, and i really didnot want to bug him, and i didnot want him to be cold, so i really really did that quick.

miss-U2 said:
he really didnot understand, as i met him many times, no need to wait in this weather for another pic lol :coocoo:
He might have wondered if you were covering your walls with his pics! :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to know what happened next and what he said about our stuff! :hyper: :hyper:

oh i forgot to say, when he really it was me, he kissed me again, on the cheeks :kiss: despite i was freezing, and my hair, well my soaked hair touched his face, poor him, i felt so bad u know, the frozen rain drops from my hair touching adam's skin and by this fact, freezing him too :sad:

so, i first gave him the messages. I tried to find them among all the stuff. I gave them to him,a dn i said "so these are some messages for ur bday from PLEBAns" he took them, looked at them, and put them under his right arm, u know, close to his chest :drool:, then i gave him Supernova's gift, when he saw the package, he was like "awwww :heart:" and he really looked happy. He wanted to open it, but with the weather it was really impossible(still raining, snowing, windy etc...) then i gave him my gift, i explained to him what it was ( a necklace, with a heart and a key, i have the same, so that means he has the key of my heart and i have the key of his :love: ) he seemed to be moved :cute: then i gave him souly's card, he was really impressed by all this :yes:

Supernova said:

He might have wondered if you were covering your walls with his pics! :lol: :lol:

actually, that's what i am doing :reject:

then, i asked him if he could signed some stuff still for PLEBAns. So i took Allegra's pics, and i said "for Allegra" (i had to spell it)and he signed. But of course, some rain drops fell on the paper and the wind was not good for it either (sorry :reject: ) but the funniest is that the pen didnot want to work anymore. I was like :rant: holy shit, we have to do this quick, and the pen is not working. But he was really nice and he said "of course, it is too cold, ur pen frozen ( that is really what has happened actually :yes: ) so i gave him another one, so, here's the story of Allegra's autograph.
Then, i took Edgespet's pic, the one with the whole band (i wanted to keep the one with edge and bono just for edge, as u told me he is your fav) and i said "for Julie" and he wrote Cold before his signature, to say "cold adam clayton " :lol: (sorry again, the paper has suffered a bit :reject: )
i didnot have time to ask an autograph for you souly :sad: i will do so next time i promise :kiss:

miss-U2 said:

i tried to take out my umbrella, when i saw that bags were soaked, (i was getting worried about ur stuff) and that my pants, hats, jacket and gloves were soaked too. But of course with the wind, what a bad idea :no: this umbrella was very very expensive, cos it is one especally for wind u know, a really good one.... But here, the wind was really too strong, and the umbrella passed away :sad: every 2 minutes, the umbrella was out of my control if u know waht i mean.

sorry :(

I think we owe you a new umbrella :hug:

kellyahern said:
I'm sorry you were so cold :sad:

I can see from the pics how bundled up everyone is

actually, the pics are from yesterday, and the weather was really nice, well compared to thursday :lol: it was not raining that much, and no wind. But on thursday, nobody was outside, except crazy people like me lol

then i gave to adam a personal stuff that i can't talk to ya about right now :reject:
and he left. But, he begged me to go home "okay, Emilie now, PLEASE, do me a favour, will you go home, and get warm?!!! "
and i answered: "mmmmm :scratch: yes i think i am going home..." ( i was not even sure :lol: cos i wanted to see bono :huh: )
but when he said that, i realised how much it was cold, and how much it could be dangerous to stay in the cold like this....

Before leaving, he put his cheek forward, and he said exactly this "okay, mmmm a biz" :scratch: is this english?? cos actually, in france, a kiss means un bisou, and we usually say biz for bisou... so well, i don't know, but i found that funny :lol: he did this sound u know "mmmmmm" like when ur happy , and he said "biz" so, of course, i kissed him :kiss: i can't believe HE asked ME to KISS HIM :combust:

don't worry for the umbrella kelly, it is okay :hug:

Supernova said:
:lol:
That's nice! :) When you finish it,don't forget to take a pic of your wall and post it here. :yes: :D

well, it is finished :reject: i finished it ages ago :lol: with the pics from last year from july 2002 to february 2003, now, i have to make some space on another wall for the pics from september 2003 til now!!! i took a pic of this wall, i will upload the pic :coocoo:

miss-U2 said:

Before leaving, he put his cheek forward, and he said exactly this "okay, mmmm a biz" :scratch: is this english?? cos actually, in france, a kiss means un bisou, and we usually say biz for bisou... so well, i don't know, but i found that funny :lol: he did this sound u know "mmmmmm" like when ur happy , and he said "biz" so, of course, i kissed him :kiss: i can't believe HE asked ME to KISS HIM :combust:

:love: :adam: :cute:

so well, when he forced me to go home, i realised that i came out really just in one pupose: make me leave :hug:

when he was entering back the studios, i looked at my hands. I took off my gloves, but as they were soaked, the rain passed through, so my hands were soaked too, (and same thing with my pants, my 2 pants were soaked, and my legs too, same thing with my hats and hair, just imagine how much it was raining :crazy: ) so as i stayed something like 3 minutes with adam without gloves in the freezing cold ans that my hands were wet, after this, my hands were frozen. No other words: frozen. You know, just like when u put water outside when it is snowing, then u have ice. well here's the same thing :lol:
when i tried to text Julie to tell her i met adam, geez, what a surprise, i could not move my fingers AT ALL :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom