Elevationed Olympics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
Yay! Our boys rock so much...now their songs are on the Olympics! I was watching the women's moguls competition yesterday, and whenever the American skiers went down the hill, the annoucer was like "3, 2, 1, ELEVATION!" Then Elevation started playing as they went down! *U2 fuzzies* I love the Olympics. Anyone else hear U2 at the Games?

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

LONG LIVE THE FLANNEL!

I bang things for a living. ~Larry

yay! I saw that too! At the end of last night's coverage, while they were showing a montage of the day's highlights they played Elevation! It fit quite well...all that talk about being in the sky while you watch ski jumping and such.
biggrin.gif

I saw the part sula saw -- unfortunately I just heard the few last seconds. My mom told me but it was too late by the time I got there. BTW.. funny thing happened:

TV: ELEVATIONNNN
My mom: OMG! Elevation is on!!
Me: I'll be there in a second!
My grandpa: What are you so excited about, it's just bangy music!
My mom and me: BANGY MUSIC?

LOL and did anyone notice they have played Garbage's Cherry Lips a lot? I think it must be because of the line,"Go baby go"..
(Oh yeah, and we're actually kind of close, sula!
biggrin.gif
I'm in the midwest too, Iowa specifically.)

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

iowa? oh, i'm sorry for ya.
wink.gif
hehe. j/k

One thing I love about living in Minnesota during the winter Olympics? We actually HAVE athletes there!!! woohoo! In fact, the girl that carried the US flag in during the parade of nations was from my city.
biggrin.gif

Anyways...20 minutes till more coverage comes on. Actually, tonite's line-up looks really fun! Ski jumping, the nordic combined, and men's downhill.

*loves the winter olympics*

I can't wait to see the men's snowboarding! Those guys are always hot.
tongue.gif
Oh, and to add to your midwest talk, I used to live in Wisconsin! Go Packers! LOL Did anyone see the Russian pairs skaters last night? Oh my they were incredible.

I heard Mofo during some aerial ski jumping highlights!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Proud owner of the mofoin Discoboos (boom cha!) and Larry's stick...hehe.

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 02-10-2002).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
iowa? oh, i'm sorry for ya.
wink.gif
hehe. j/k

One thing I love about living in Minnesota during the winter Olympics? We actually HAVE athletes there!!! woohoo! In fact, the girl that carried the US flag in during the parade of nations was from my city.
biggrin.gif

Anyways...20 minutes till more coverage comes on. Actually, tonite's line-up looks really fun! Ski jumping, the nordic combined, and men's downhill.

*loves the winter olympics*

Wow -- congratulations! And yeah, Iowa SUCKS. This state never fails to make me mad that I live here.
tongue.gif
Anyway, YESSS the Winter Olympics are GREAT!
biggrin.gif
I love watching everything -- skating, speedskating, skiing (all kinds), everything.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I heard Mofo during some aerial ski jumping highlights!
biggrin.gif

Seriously?! Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! That is so awesome! ((((areial ski jumping highlights music guy))))

Do they do ice skating for this? Who wouldn't LOVE to hear a little Discoteque during THAT?
biggrin.gif

BTW Moley, LMAO at Bangy Music

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"This DEFINITELY needs a disclaimer before the post! Women,small children & Mona may die!" ~Fishy~

"I still believe that you're the Smut Messiah"

The Man Corral

I heard "Do You Feel Loved" in the background during a story about some athlete or another. Say, do they need permission to use specific songs?

Oh, and go midwesterners!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Dude yo-they should really play Beautiful Day!! And songs from JT or Boy would be fun to skate to! *wishes she could skate and do triple lutzes to I Will Follow*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
wow, they are using songs from POP!..that is awesome...
biggrin.gif

Yeah, it took them 5 years to realize that it's a good album...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 02-10-2002).]

Hearing Elevation over and over again is driving me NUTS!
Oh, and I heard Beautiful Day tonight when they were doing a story about the trek spectators have to make to get from the parking lots to the venues. The reporter was interviewing someone and BD was blaring over the PA system!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's mesh shirt
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Phew!!

I thoguht this was going be a thread about speed skaters showing off their bits ala elevated bono
tongue.gif

Or the figure skaters.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Back
Top Bottom