Elevation tour flashbacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chels82

Refugee
i had a total Elevation flashback this morning. my co-worker and i went to Starbuck for coffee and Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder was playing....when i got back to my office, All You Need is Love was playing on the loudspeaker. i was waiting for Elevation to start playing...but it didn't happen. does anyone else still have these? ergh, i want to go back and do it again!!

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

Yes, whenever I listen to one of my U2 bootlegs from the Elevation tour , I get major flashbacks. Just the other day, I had the Vegas one in the CD player. I hadn't played it in forever, and I'd forgotten how great of a show it was!!!

WAAAAAAH!!!! I want Elevation back!

Chels you read my mind...

Two days ago I was at an open air market and Sgt. Pepper came on...I almost started jumping around...it gave me such a rush...

*sigh*

And here I thought I had fully recovered from PED...

*Looking for to fill that U2 shaped hole*

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Today is the anniversary of my first U2 concert...

*sniff*

But, yeah, I totally know what you mean chels. One of my friends made a mix for me of all the pre-show songs. I actually can't listen to it in public cause I just get waaaaay to excited.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
[

But, yeah, I totally know what you mean chels. One of my friends made a mix for me of all the pre-show songs. I actually can't listen to it in public cause I just get waaaaay to excited.
smile.gif
[/B]

ooooo, that's such a good idea!! can you post the track list?

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

a few months ago i replaced my 3 u2 fave tracks cds...seems they keep getting worn out!
biggrin.gif
anywho, i was jammin to my cds driving home from class and the elevation influx remix came on and i got that chill of excitement in my spine! *for a brief sec i was back at the preshow waiting for the moment when i would see them take the stage* aaaaahhhhhhh, what a thrill!
i miss them!
frown.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:

ooooo, that's such a good idea!! can you post the track list?

Well, I don't have the cd with me, but here's what I remember:

Higher and Higher- Jackie Wilson
Higher Ground- Stevie Wonder
All You Need Is Love- Beatles
Sgt. Peppers- Beatles

another good suggestion is getting a copy of one of the live shows. several of them have the pre show music on them. i have all the shows from the 3rd leg and i'd be willing to make copies for anyone who wants them.

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

Oh... please... The last week has been terrible. I've tried to get satisfied by listening to different U2 stuff but haven't succeded totally... the only thing I can think of that would help is a live U2 gig right now....
If I put on one of the boots from the tour I just can't sit still, I jump up and down and SCREAM like a maniac in my apartment.
biggrin.gif

And on TV on one of the channels they have an add for the films they will show this summer and they play Beautiful day druing it and on another channel in an add for a serie they play Higher and higher. It drives me crazy!!! And I'm all alone in my U2 obsession around here so noone would understand... Buuhhuuuu....
frown.gif

Thank God I have this place to run to...

I wonder if this was the same after Popmart, I can't remember that it was. elevation was somethng magic that touch our inner souls for the rest of our life.... omg... I'm a bit carried away... sorry...
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

i don't remember feeling this way after PopMart. my first time seeing them was during the PopMart tour....i was just giddy because i saw my favorite band for the first time. Elevation tour was like a religious experience. i laughed, cried, sang and screamed. i haven't been the same since that one show i went to on the Elevation tour (one show, sad, eh?).

i really should be working right now....seeing as i'm at work and everything. damn computer guy hooked up internet on my work computer and now i'm on it all the time!

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

I've seen every tour since Joshua Tree and NEVER felt like I did on this last tour.

Elevation was truly remarkable
smile.gif

i do the same thing. i work in sales for 8 different radio stations in dayton ohio and i always hear "all you need is love" by the beatles and it reminds me of when i saw them in notre dame.

I was here at work last week, and All you need is Love came on the radio.. I swear I got tingles and my stomach started doing flips!!! I totally can't listen to those songs w/o thinking of my Elevation experiences...

I read somewhere that the Edge said there are certain songs he still can't listen to... Songs that they have used as intros for tours back in the 80s. As soon as he hears them he starts to climb the walls.. I guess its not just the fans that get tour flashbacks!

I agree. I had a GREAT time at the concert. I felt bad for PJ Harvey, people were heckling her and booing her, and I didn't think that was fair. I like PJ, I really like her music. I didn't get any pictures, but I had such a phenominal(sp) time at the concert, even though we had really s***** seats. I kept the ticket stub, and I got a couple U2 posters and a picture and a U2 t-shirt, that I never wear LOL. I was amazed, Bono is in good shape for a man in his 40's. He did many laps on the heart stage. Adam even did a couple laps LOL. Larry waved to us (me!!!!!!*faints*), he wants me LOL. Edge was also in fine form, he waved in our section, but I don't think he saw me. Great concert, I wish we could have gone to MuchMusic, where U2 were being interviewed. It's too bad, but maybe next time I'll get to actually meet the boys LOL, a person can dream.

Originally posted by the_fly2002:
Great concert, I wish we could have gone to MuchMusic, where U2 were being interviewed. It's too bad, but maybe next time I'll get to actually meet the boys LOL, a person can dream.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
The three winks story from the girl who wanted to meet Adam outside the arena, not knowing they all went to MM... gives me Adam fuzzies. ha
biggrin.gif

Okay, now the thread is itself a flashback. K?
wink.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by chels82:
another good suggestion is getting a copy of one of the live shows. several of them have the pre show music on them. i have all the shows from the 3rd leg and i'd be willing to make copies for anyone who wants them.

Hey Chels82, I would love a copy of the 10/25 NYC show. I have a CDR of this show (my 1st and only U2 concert) and unfortunately it doesn't have the intro music. Email me Selilise@AOL.com

Three winks story? To tell, sounds juicy

It went something like: Fan: "OMG! The bassist Adam Clayton winked at me three times! I want to see him. He better come out of those doors..." VJ1: "Well.... He went to the Much Music Environment." Fan:
frown.gif
VJ1: "Three winks huh? Let's give VJ2 at the studio three winks." Everyone:
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Em... It's on the U2 Does Much pre-show. lol Oo, I'm bored. I should watch it again.
smile.gif

Reminds me of myself. Me: "OMG Adam Claytoooonnn!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I agree. I had a GREAT time at the concert. I felt bad for PJ Harvey, people were heckling her and booing her,
i thought that only happened here in texas!
i don't care for her music, we were outside buying stuff but i could hear the booing, poor girl.
no doubt(onthesecondleg)did rock!

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom