"Elevation" - Part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
---

Soft, sweet, warm hands caressed her skin, kissing her neck as that mouth trailed along her flesh, teeth and tongue and lips taunting her, driving her into a heated madness.... over the edge.. of want, need, love.. desire...

Chrissy rolled over as the alarm went off, banging and bashing at the buttons until she found the right one that shut off the fucking thing, then throwing it across the room as she always did. Grouchy at having been aroused from her dream, she tossed her pillow off the bed.. and threw the blankets up over her head to block out the bright morning sunlight shining in through the window. She tried to fall back into the dream, but the harder she tried, the more awake she became. Heaving a great sigh of defeat, she stomped out of bed and into the bathroom to splash her face. She was never a morning person anyway. Damn this...

She found herself busied, looking for her towel..the lovely aroma of her favorite soap flooding her nostrils and stimulating her clouded brain, she couldn't help but relive the dream. She blushed as she remembered that the fantasy had an inspiration grounded firmly in reality. The kisses. Bono... the night at the bar.... him singing to her, yesterday, everything. It was all real. All very real. Everything that happened lastnight... what a night it had been. So intoxicated and in shock by everything that had happened... and by Bono.
He had walked her home lastnight.. and said goodbye with a kiss she thought she'd not survive...

She shook her head afraid it was just all really a dream...

She looked at the clock...
10am.. "Oh shit... " scrambling... forgetting that it was a Saturday.. and still in a post-shock. Mind going a million miles a second.

Then a knock at the door made her jump.
"shit.."
"Hold on!" its probably Mags, her usual stop-bye.

her apartment a destructive mess as if Armageddon itself hit it... tripping over her crap, trying to get to the door. lol.

*Thud* *shit*

"dont tell me you've got this place a mess, too?", she hears a chuckle from the other side of the door. that voice... that all too familiar voice...

oh shit. it was bono.

she runs to open the door...

god she was so happy to see him. jumping into his arms.

"I missed you", he grinned, throwing her into a morning kiss. :)

"I missed you, too", chrissy smiled.

"I can tell", he laughed.. as she was still clung to him as if for dear life. lol.

then she realized she forgetting she must've looked a fucking mess... bed-head, crusty nosed... drool-laden night-shirt... white as a blinding snowstorm legs.. LOL!!

"oops.. sorry.. i just woke up.. i'm a disgusting mess ", she's apologizing at the door. lol

"No need to be sorry at all", he grinned.

Chrissy gives him a look.

"It's quite sexy, I must say", his eyes sparkling...

"You gotta be insane", she shook her head.

"I am. For you, of course", he winked. "Messy or not", he winked.
damn cheesy little bastard!! lol
"Ow my eyes!!!!", he joked.. shielding himself from her bright white legs.

she smacked him over the head for that. "bastard"
"Hey!" he laughed.

she smiled, of course she couldn't be mad at him.

"do i smell irish spring soap??", he grinned the biggest grin.

-------

30 minutes later, and freshly showered later (as bono ravaged her last box of Lucky Charms cereal.. lol... and getting Lucky Charms all over the table like a messy kid.)..

bono's cellphone rings... "ahh our ride is here!", he gleams.

"our ride?"

"yep!", he grins. uh oh... its the "up to something grin"

god, he really had a way of keeping me in suspense...

he ushers her to the apartment elevator.. lol.
funny thing, she normally just took the stairs.. even in her own building.
but not today. she'd pretty much overcame her fear of elevators as long as she lives now. lol.

"so where are we going?", she asked...

"can't tell ya yet. it's a suprise", he grinned, kissing her cheek.
holding her in close to him, she nestled her head on his shoulder... as he kissed the top of her head.

"i see you're not afraid of elevators anymore", he winks.

with him by her side... she felt she'd never be afraid of anything ever again...

she'd never felt so content and safe in anything or anyone before.

but the fear of losing it, scared her. and scared of what she was feeling.
things were still unclear. what happens when he goes back to the band? what happens when he goes back to ireland?
would this ever work out? she knew she was falling in love with him.. no.. she was in love with him. and she was feeling more than just that. and she knew he deeply cared for her... but... all of the questions in her head.. that scared her.. to even think of the reality of it.

they'd only known eachother for one day... ok, well almost two... technically, in person...
it felt all like a dream.. but a dream she didnt want to end.
its too good to be true. but then her mind went into darkhole analyzation mode... questioning things again... how could he feel this way for her?
why her? was this just a special fling? what was it to him? reality sucked. life sucked.. bad things always happen. what would happen if it goes further and it falls apart?
he's from a totally other world than hers... how could he want to be in her world? the fear of falling so hard, only to be broken in the end... sat in her mind. thats what she knew. but the need to be in these moments took over, and it was torture to her, because she knew that no matter what her brain told her, she knew she'd never turn away....

---
he was in love with her. he knew it. he loved her. never did he dream he'd care for someone this much. he wanted to protect her and take her in his arms and hold her forever... and he'd never felt that kind of same love radiate from another, like it did with her.
he knew for sure he couldn't let her go. but he knew the reality of the situation and many things to be sacrificed, at least in her world, to be with him... and that worried him.
here he is.. a rockstar.. in the biggest rock band in the world.. the universe... due to be back with his band in a few days.. on a tour...
but for the same reasons as she.. unbeknonst to him, nothing could stop him from needing to be with her, even if for these few days...
as he always did.. his heart led over his brain...
he need to know... he needed to know what his heart was nagging at him...
and so did she.

----

they stop outside of the apartment building and see a crazy looking painted car.... sort of resembling the ZooTV Trabants that Anton Corbijn decorated.

"My private dancer.. I mean.. driver.. is here to take care of the ride..", bono winks... letting chrissy into the backseat as he scoots in next to her..

hmm what the hell's he up to?

the driver turns around.. "Howdy!" tipping his .. erm.. beanie.

"Edge!!!!!", chrissy says in shocked suprise.. happy to see him.

"That'd be... Driver Edge, for today" he winks.

"yes, The Edge.. lovely new beanie, you have there", bono laughs.. as edge shows off his new beanie with lovely little flower patterns and a "SCUMFLOWER", scrolled across the front of it. LOL

"lar' gave it to me. nice, isnt it?", he grins.

"hmm, i wont even ask...", bono laughs.

"a scumflower? ya sure that wasnt a gift of pissed-offness?", chrissy chuckles.

"yeah.. tell me bout it.. they always do shit like this. last time he gave edge a pair of knickers saying "i am scummybum", bono laughs.

"scummybum? what the fuck?", she laughs.

"yeah, he really liked when i wrote all over his naked body in his sleep "LARDENCE"... edge snickered.

"LARD.. ENCE..", bono's cracking up.

edge gives him a look.

the funny inside joke between the band... about larry. ahh... god, i love these guys...

"yeah... have you figured out how to spell it, you pain in the ass? 20 years later..."

"yeah.. i did...", bono laughs.

hmm..

edge and i look at eachother.. there was a catch to this..

"ok, and how ya spell it?", chrissy and edge both laugh at the same time.

bono gets this evil grin on his face.. uh oh.. here it comes...

"the proper spelling.. A S S H O L E"...

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! I KNEW IT", chrissy laughs.

"thats it... im gettin' out of the car. this is too much", edge laughs.
"you evil shit!!!", chrissy smacked bono.

"ahh im not that evil...", he snickers.

"damn liar"... she laughs.

"me? ahh... I do not lie", bono snickers his little bullshitting grin. lol.

"ok, you shithead.. youre gonna have to pay for this ride..", edge laughs.

"you forgot, the edge.. i own you... so.. you do as I say..", bono laughs.

"is that right?"

"yes.."

"oh jesus..", chrissy laughs.

"i say.. DRIIIIIVE!!!!", bono orders edge smacking him in the head with his flowered beanie.

so off they go... driving off...

to this suprise...

she loved the way edge and bono were together. like brothers. soulmates...
they weren't the typical... rockstar thing some might think...
just ordinary, friends.... and that made her feel good. that kind of friendship was rare... and it was the type of friendship she'd always envied.
it also said a lot about bono.

edge kept quiet up in the front... and gave chrissy and bono some quiet time... she just found herself nestling herself into him once again, his arm around her and hugging her into him... gently caressing her long dark hair.

he could stay like this forever with her... he was positive of it.
there was nothing he wanted more now.

he kisses her cheek.

"what was that for?" she smiled a tender smile at him.

"nothing", he smiled.

"Nothing? mmhmm"

they pass Madison Square Garden... as they pass through the city...

"hey... remember that place?", he smiles.

oh god... thats where she first saw the band play...
who would have thought.. that... now.. this very conversation would be taking place...

"of course, how could i not", she smiled, feeling his arm around her more tightly. she drew her arm over his... holding it close.

he never wanted to lose her again, like they almost did that last night of the show...

last time she'd been in front of that place... it was after the show... that she'd never ever forget.

a traffic block makes them stop in front of it for a while. and chrissy notices edge's smile on his face as he's looking out the window.

his best friend was in love, with someone he knew really cared for him. and he wanted that more than anything for him.

----

it was a pretty long ride, and chrissy fell asleep in bono's arms...
the rise and fall of his breathing close to her sent her to sleep like a soft lullaby...

he watched her as she slept... she was an angel to him. he wondered what she was dreaming....

----

"we're here!", edge cheered, waving his beanie.

"hey wake up sleeping angel", bono whispered in chrissy's ear.
"Oh god, im so sorry! i must've dosed off.. and.."
he chuckled, "Its totally okay... and of course, i got to watch you sleep... you know you drool?", he laughed.
"you bastard!! no i dont.. what the hell"
edge starts laughing from the front.

bono's snickering. "ahh chill out. ok, you dont drool.."

"good.."

"well, not too much... but you still drool...", he laughed.
"I am seriously gonna smack that grin off your face"
"yeah bono.. she can do a good job at the head-bashing...", edge chimes in.
"this is true... i'll be extra good from now on", bono winked.
"suuuure..", chrissy says. yeah right.. bono being behaved? LOL
"well, that depends on if macphisto comes out and plays.. but.."
"ehh..! not even macphisto gets cut loose on this one", chrissy threatens with a laugh.
"see, she's learning quickly. sadly its a lesson we all had to learn", edge laughs.

"come on, you all love me anyway"

"not all", edge laughs... "now get your butt outta here.."

---

chrissy looked up and saw the massive building in front of her...
she looked to Bono... the biggest happiest grin on his face.... seeing her smiling face...

"The Goodman Historical Music Museum of America"...

She'd always dreamt of visiting this place.. but never got to. They had since closed it off to the majority of the public.
Ever since she was a young child, even a baby, she'd been in love with music.. and gained a dear love for wind instruments.. and took up Clarinet in junior high... during a very special time in her life.
of course later, she found her true musical calling in singing, and writing her own music.. which she sadly never pursued.. though it was her dream. but what she was as an impossible dream. but she didnt think a life in the music business was her anyway.
but her true soul was in that music... no matter what shape or form.
she spent a lot of her growing up... with Bono's music, and how it'd changed her. and singing with his songs. it was as if they had a common distant bond even then. in voice... but without even being there. crazy? perhaps....
she always felt her soul lift... just hearing it...

but this was a place she'd always dreamed of visiting before she moved to NY.
Goodman.. named after one of her Clarinetist idols.. Benny Goodman...
a historical museum of wind instruments.. a cathedral of music...
very symbolic. how'd bono know all of this?

"Bono! oh god... how did you know??"

he had the biggest smile on his face.. "I know things..."

"i cant believe it.. oh bono...", she threw him into the biggest bear hug and kissing him.

he only wanted to make her happy, and thats all he needed to make him happy...

they walk inside and it was a huge literal cathedral of beautiful artistry of the past... like a Michelangelo homage to music... and every wind instrument... rare and super-rare... displayed in beautiful heavenly light on glass shelves.

a beautiful church pipe organ way in the back... as high as the ceiling...

it was like heaven to her.

he just watched her as she smiled in awe... in her own personal glory...
he loved that smile... it made him smile...

"OH oh!!! a sub-contra-clarinet!!!!!!!!!!', chrissy exclaimed excitedly... like a kid on christmas day

he had no idea what the heck a sub-contra clarinet.. er whatchamacallit was... but he loved this..

"a sub.. cat whatcha what what?", he laughed.

"A sub-contra clarinet. the super sub-octave version of a regukar clarinetm but can go 10 whole octaves deeper.. and has the most amazing deep sound... ", she said .. very Edge-esque.. gleaming. LOL

"Whatever you say", he laughed.

"You're nuts", she laughed. "I'm gonna teach ya.. I will. That's a threat.."

"You're calling me nuts?! Hah!", he laughed.

she was so adorable jumping around the place in total glee.

"AHH!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THAT BASSOON!! JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!"

some were left out in the open and you could touch them.
she was running around touching every single one... squeaking at the feel of them. lol

"and here i always thought there was just like.. one type of everything.. this stuff's down to a science.. what the hell", bono chuckled.

"it is!!!", she smiled.. face lit up like mad.

"Oh bono... thankyou... so so so much for this. how'd you ever get us in here?"

"I have my ways", he chuckled. "and with the help of The Edge"

"whatcha do, break in or something?", she laughed... hugging him in close.

"nah.. not that devious.. then again", he grinned... hugging her back.

"you know how much this means to me?"

"I think i got an idea", he smiled... looking into her eyes... such life and joy within them. he'd do anything to see that smile in her eyes. and so did she about him.

the beautiful light in the Hall, shining down on him, like an angel...

"You are truly an angel, aren't you...", she said, looking deeply into his eyes.. taken away and entranced by the illumination of that soul within him shining through them. she was fascinated with them.
she knew he was her guardian angel...
no one had ever done anything so special for her...

"No... you.. are an angel..."

"Me.. no... no.."

"Yes.. you are. You're my angel..."

she wanted to cry... this was no joke, or some senseless comment.. he really felt those words he was saying.. and she felt the blood rush away from her head, and her heart plop in her chest.
what did she do to ever deserve him? to deserve this?

"you are my angel..", he repeated... smiling as he went to kiss her...
he needed her kisses.. her smile like air... like water.. just as she needed his.

she loved him. she knew for sure.. she loved him...
the sweetest soul....

"hey, i got something to show you..", he took her hand and led her into another section of the Hall...

"One last thing we forgot to look at", he smiled... as they entered the huge concert hall of the museum.

it was her dream to someday play there... growing up.

it was so huge... golden statues of angels surrounding the stage... like a church of music...
the beautiful echo of the room... was surreal.

he just watched her amazement... and realized that she reminded him a lot of himself. a little something he had lost touch with, within himself...
that inner Joy... and amazement... even in things like this.
stepping back from his... what you could call.. normal routine of life... he'd realized everything he'd been missing out on all of these years.... all of his life.

she turned around to see him staring at her in deep thought... smiling with the kindest smile...

"whats the matter?", she asked... taking his hand in hers.

"ah, nothing.. just nice to see you so happy..."

"You've made me very happy... "
he had no idea how much he really did. it wasnt the fact that he brought her here.. its whats behind it all...

"this place is beautiful. it fits you.."

"me? ha ha... no..."

"yes.. it does. you brighten it up with life...", he smiled.

she didnt know what to say. so much she was feeling, made her want to cry...
she didnt know how to get used to it.

"you brighten up mine.."

those words from her... took him by suprise. just hearing them...

she felt him squeeze her hand, and about to say something.. but holding it back. words he'd been wanting to say so badly since lastnight...
his eyes speaking to her without words and hers as well...

breaking out of the moment...

"hey.... sing for me...", he smiled...
"Me? here?? what?"
"hahaha yes..."
"here?? are you nuts?!"
"yes i am, thankyou, heh...", he laughed.
"oh i cant sing for shit.."
"ahh come on... "
"no"
"yes"
"No"
"okay... want me to get edge in here to make ya?", he snickers.
"ugh. no. lol"
"ok, for meeeee??", he pretended to act like a sad little puppy.
"no, come on. bono.. no..", she laughed.
"i know you want to. so.. i want you to."
god.. was he insane? no singing!.... LOL this is embarassing.. and besides... it felt weird. it just did.

she was putting up a fight about it. lol.

"ok.. how about i tickle ya into doing it!!", he threatened, tickling the crap out of her... she was damn viciously ticklish to and how the hell'd he know that???! LOL

"evil bastard!!!!"

"hahahah"

"alright alright!!"

"ahh!!! is that a yes?"

"yes.. fine... okay..", she was giving in.

he knew how she loved to sing and wanted her to have this moment. and just them.

he wanted to give it back to her somehow.

she was still putting up a slight fight. LOL

"goo go!!", he pushed her on over down the aisle leading to the stage. LOL

"skoot!"

"damn you..", she was grumbling.

he was cracking up.

she hadn't sung for so long. no idea why, she just... stopped. she'd sing in her old band... but... this was different. it was bono.... and it was her.

he sat himself down in the front and she walked up on the stage.. LOL.

"no... im not doing this..", she started walking off again..

"ahh come on. hey, im gonna call edge then..." he pretended to start to dial the cellphone.. snickering.

"DAmn it!!" she laughed. "Ok ok.."

she didn't know what to sing. she was always bad at singing in front of people anyway... it was too soul-bearing to her... and was like she was unmasking her everything to people. but... with bono... she felt she could release that to him... but... still... in her own mind.. it was just... she couldn't explain it.

he really wanted to hear her sing, and he really wanted her to take in this experience there. it was her dream. and he was now her audience.

she looked around herself... she'd never dreamed any of this.
this place... so symbolic.. in so many ways to especially everything happening right then and there....

she looked over at bono... with that damn smile...
god, she loved that smile...

she closed her eyes.. and listened to the music in her mind...
just letting her soul flow... she needed that music in her soul...

she sang out a song very close to her...
the angel listening in...

"Green light... sevent eleven.. you stop in.. for a pack of cigarretes.. you dont smoke... dont even want to.. hey now... check your change..."

"dressed up like a car crash.. the wheels are turning upside down..."

she kept singing.. and singing.. just a little mic... but her voice bringing out all of the force in her on its own...

"if i could stay.. then the night would give you up... Stay and the day would keep its trust... Staaaaaaaaay, and the night would be enough..
Faraway.. so close.. up with the static.. and the radio waves.. satellite, television.. you can go anywhere..."

she was so lost in the song.. within herself... the angels of song... and before her very own Angel...
the angel who wrote this very song...

she let her eyes open slightly... and saw him listening.. so intently to her... eyes completely on hers... and she swore she saw tears.

he'd never heard anyone sing a song of his... as his soul could never try to emulate itself, or so he thought.. she was singing his soul...
her voice... singing to him... it shot right though his soul... so sweetly.

it was just as he did with her.

she closed her eyes again... singing.... every word.. she knew by heart...
she sang with the memory of that unfounded bond between their voices and souls before they ever met...

"...Miami, new orleans, london, belfast, and berlin... and if you listen.. and i can call.. and if you jump, you just might fall.. and if you shout.. i'll only hear you... If I could Staaaaaaay.. and the night would give you up...
"Stay... and then day would keep its trust..."

..."If I could Stay... with the demons you drown.. Staaaaaay with the spirit i found.. STAAAYYYY.. ", she found her voice with his... opened her eyes and found him beside her.. singing with her .. to her. her to him...

"...and the night would be enough..."

"...Ooo oh oh ohhhhhh... oh oh oooooh oh oh oh ooooh...."

their voices melded into One.

it was that song... that she'd always found some... unknown bond to, and that one line... and he came to her right at that moment....
maybe it wasn't the words... or the theme, who knows... but it was... the song.

like reading the musical notes of eachother's souls....

Oh god, why did he have to do that.

Both taken in shock of the whole bliss of the moment...

She just looked into those eyes....

-----

to be continued....

Last edited:
just a clarification on a paragraph...

here:

"he was in love with her. he knew it. he loved her. never did he dream he'd care for someone this much. he wanted to protect her and take her in his arms and hold her forever... and he'd never felt that kind of same love radiate from another, like it did with her.
he knew for sure he couldn't let her go. but he knew the reality of the situation and many things to be sacrificed, at least in her world, to be with him... and that worried him.
here he is.. a rockstar.. in the biggest rock band in the world.. the universe... due to be back with his band in a few days.. on a tour...
but for the same reasons as she.. unbeknonst to him, nothing could stop him from needing to be with her, even if for these few days...
and so did she."

its not that his character is using her.. or being heartless by stringing her along... even though he worried it might not work out because she might find it hard being in a relationship with him because of certain circumstances. either way, he didnt see it as an obstacle, but thought maybe she would, her leaving her world behind for him.. and he didnt wanna hurt her.
he's determined to make it work and wants it to.. but is more worried about her not wanting to go further with it, for those other reasons, or whatever.

and on the other end.. she is worried that he might cut it off, or something else might go wrong, but they're both unaware of what the other is thinking this early in the relationship... and where its going and with them.

lol. ok, ramble over.

FungusAmongus said:
just a clarification on a paragraph...

here:

"he was in love with her. he knew it. he loved her. never did he dream he'd care for someone this much. he wanted to protect her and take her in his arms and hold her forever... and he'd never felt that kind of same love radiate from another, like it did with her.
and so did she."

its not that his character is using her.. or being heartless by stringing her along... even though he worried it might not work out because she might find it hard being in a relationship with him because of certain circumstances. either way, he didnt see it as an obstacle, but thought maybe she would, her leaving her world behind for him.. and he didnt wanna hurt her.
he's determined to make it work and wants it to.. but is more worried about her not wanting to go further with it, for those other reasons, or whatever.

and on the other end.. she is worried that he might cut it off, or something else might go wrong, but they're both unaware of what the other is thinking this early in the relationship... and where its going and with them.

lol. ok, ramble over.

yeah, i didnt get that part at first.

so, when will we see chapt. 7 ? :wink:

hahaha thanks, but... my writer's block sure aint beautiful. LOL (or my brain cells. LOL)

but thankyou :)

Back
Top Bottom