"Elevation" - Part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
Again, this is all fake, bullshit.. etc etc. LOL

------------------------

"I am so sorry, sir. were these guys bothering you?"

"yeah! they were... they were trying to beat up my buddy!", edge snapped, taking up for bono. making bono smile..

"Aww, you still luuuuurve me, eeedge", bono grinned.. like a big kid.

edge shoots him a look.

"you guys! are fired!", the bouncer demanded of the jazz band.

"but.." the leader began..
"Shush! i wont hear it!" , the bouncer yelled.

"hey.. come on... let them keep their job at least. I think edge and chrissy did enough to them for the night", bono laughed.

"hey!", chrissy laughed. bono smiling like a little child.

the jazzfucks seemed suprised at this.

"fine, if you say so.." the bouncer quickly agreed. oh yes.. whatever bono said. lol. looking at the jazzmen, with a stern look.

"say you're sorry!!!" the bouncer added to the men.

"we're sorry.." they all mumbled, like idiotic delinquent children.

"oh shit! edge.. chrissy... (i didnt introduce you guys.. damnit).. sorry.
edge, this is chrissy. chrissy.. this is THe Edge. aka evil edge...", bono introduced the two... his arm around chrissy lovingly.

"Ah! so.. you are the infamous chrissy bono's been talking about for so long..", edge smiled, politely kissing chrissy's hand. "Nice to finally meet you!!"
Chrissy was surpised at the comment... Bono talking about her for so long?

"Very nice to meet you, too!!", chrissy blushed.

"That was a really wicked move you made back there", edge complimented on chrissy's head bashing attack on the jazz guy.. who was still on the floor.

"well...", chrissy retracted...

"hey, ya saved my ass. i have to thank you. bono's too much of a weakling...", edge joked.

"fuck you, edge", bono snapped.

"you want to fuck me now?" edge laughed.

"yeah... "

"ok.. right here.. on the floor, honey.." edge teased bono. it was pretty odd seeing these two together in action.
for so long chrissy had imagined how silly the two of them were together.. but this was just an absolute riot.

"sorry... i gotta dump ya, edge".

"hmm, whats this all about? usually you're all over my ass... trying to snog my face.. or whatever else.."

"you're a very sexy man, edge"

"why thankyou"

"but... you're gettin' to flabby for me"

"excuse me?"

"you heard me."

chrissy was in hysterics by now.

"fine.. okay. next time someone tries beating your little midget ass up... i wont bother trying to save you", edge jokingly threatened.

bono pretended to act all upset and sobbing.

"so, how the hell did this whole circus happen anyway?", edge asked, almost afraid to even know, lol.

"erm... well...", bono wasnt sure where to start. oh yes.. he was going to request to sing a song with the band for chrissy. a song he knew was special to her. he wanted it to be very romantic, sweet, and a suprise.

"well, these guys didnt want to help me out with something, or well.. even listen to what it was i was gonna ask...", bono said, giving the jazz guy on the floor an evil eye.

"what can we do to make it up to you?", the bouncer asked. "anything.. at all.."

"well.. actually.." bono grinned a wild mischeivious look.

"uh oh.." edge laughed.

bono's grin just kept getting bigger.. and bigger... as he leaned in closer to chrissy.. "actually.. there is something", he smiled, winking to chrissy, who was melting.

"But first i gotta ask The Evil Edge something..", bono then turned to edge... who was almost in fear at those words. LOL

"be right back, my sweet", he whispered into chrissy's ear.
AH GOD!! can this get anymore unbearable?!??! lol.

bono shuffled over to edge like a little kid, giving a little face of a perfect angel when ya knew better than anything he was a little devil up to something. lol.

"edge?"

"yeah...", the beanie wearing guitarist not aware of whats in for him.

"I need your help.."

"I'm not gonna go killing any people.. or erm... "

"no no no.. "

"oh good."

"earlier.. and how this all started... was that i wanted to get up with the band and sing a song for chrissy, and suprise her with it... but those wankers were in my bloody face before i even got to ask... "

"so, you're saying ya need adam and lar? they cant come.. theyre stuck at the studio and larry is in a bitchy mood"

"ha ha ha. no... no problem. i just need ya to play the guitar and we can use those arseholes over there. i've heard them play before and they are really good... suprisingly.. despite the fact that they have shit stuck up their arses", glancing at the jazzfucks, snickering.

"them?!?! uh bono.. that might not be a good.. um idea here.." edge said laughing.

"but come on edge! please. this is important to me. i want a full band"

a full band? LOL. oh jesus... here we go again.

"ok, fine. we'll do it. but, what song?", edge asked.

"Can't help falling in love..."
"Chrissy and I were talking earlier.. and I just know she really loves when we do it. and.. and well, it'd be really special and i wanted to make it all a suprise... and for my own reasons", bono nervously and shyly admitted to edge. knowing he's coming across pretty damn obvious now.

edge chuckled.

"Yeah.. whats so funny bout that?"

"Nothing.." edge smiled.

by his body language and the look on his life-long buddy's face.. and looking back at chrissy every few seconds with this loving look, he had a feeling bono must've been falling for her... or something. he hadnt seen him like that in years.
of course.. bono was known for being a huge flirt and charmer.. but this was different.

"You really like her, dont you.." edge asked.

"yeah, I do. i really do...", his face was lit up.

and with the poor little puppy dog eyes bono had been giving him.. he couldn't resist anyway. LOL.

"Ok, lets go tell the bouncer.."

"Thankyou Edge!!"

"No problem", he laughed.

"Oh and Edge?"

"yeah?"

"thanks, THE Edge.."

edge shook his head laughing.

bono scooted over to the bouncer.. "hey, ok.. there is something you can do for me."

"sure thing", the bouncer said, flashing his overdone eyelashes at bono. lol

"I wanna borrow your band for a song.."

"them??"

"yeah... just for a song or.. erm.. two", the little grin monster, using his little charms. lol.

"okay... go ahead.. i'll go tell them. and.. i dont want any fights or my place destroyed! you hear?"

"i promise", bono winked. hmm.. well, of course he had edge and chrissy as his new bodyguards. LOL
--

edge headed to the stage and explained the whole deal with the jazzfucks... and showing them how a show must be done. lol
they were all now begging for forgiveness now. LOL

bono scurried back over to chrissy, sneaking up behind her.. purring in her ear.
"AH!! there you are!" throwing her arms around him, instinctively. it;d only been.. what? 5 minutes? LOL
"Miss me?" he growled, playfully.. making her whole body melt.

"Of course I did", she smiled kissing his nose.
Her gentle sweetness towards him was something he wasn't used to. He loved every second of it. He hadn't felt this happy or content in someone's arms before like he did with her.

Everytime she touched him... he felt this wave of emotion come over him.

If he didn't hurry to the stage then.. he'd never get there at this point. lol. Kissing the top of her head... "Okay, Edge needs me at the stage.." he winks.

"Hey, what are you guys up to anyway?"

"You'll see", he grinned.. making his way to the stage.. then turning back again... taking her by suprise and kissing her.

Slowly pulling away.. and both in a slight daze... "What was that for?" out of breath... that urge of want and need surging through both of them once again.

He just stood there smiling at her with the most penetratable grin... eyes gleaming with desire... it nearly knocked her off her feet.
Edge saw this from the stage and was taken by suprise... and smiled to himself.

Bono hurried back to the stage, ready to put on one of the shows of his life.

------------

chrissy sat down with the bouncer and awaited what was about to happen. she had no clue what what bono was up to. LOL
even edge wasn't too sure what bono was gonna do. probably even BONO himself didnt know what else he'd do. LOL

egde starts strumming his borrowed guitar for a moment, getting just the perfect 'edge effect' from behind the little stage.

"eeedge.. come on out... earth to eeeedge", bono sang out from the mic.
everyone in the bar laughing.

"see, and he complains about me taking forever..."

bono was nervous. he felt the urge to pee. again, one of his many nervous ticks. lol. chrissy was getting nervous, too.. too many suprises for one day.
her heart never stopping its pounding in her chest.

ahh there came edge. taking his ol' time. lol.

"there's the edge!! and without the edge... we'd all be in trouble!"
even his cheesy little jokes were adorable.

edge just rolled his eyes.

the jazzfucks nervously making sure everything was in place.
edge had given them a scary lecture on how to be "the best musicians they can be" backstage. lol. it was funny seeing them nervous wrecks now.

lol.

"okay. well.. this song.. is a very special song...", he started..

"for someone very special to me..."

chrissy's eyes never left his. for some reason his eyes seemed more blue at that moment than she'd ever seen them as he was smiling up there at her from the stage.

"she brings the music out in this old, tired, Irish soul of mine", he said winking in chrissy's direction.
god, she was in love with him. had it really only been a few hours since they first met???
the heat from her cheeks was causing her face to become so red she thought they'd explode.

"this is for you", he smiled, literally glowing up there... looking down at Chrissy entranced by him.

everyone in the room clapped as the drummer started the beat and Edge kicked in...
a song she knew so well... as bono's voice sang in a deep, soulful tune into the mic... instantly sending chills up chrissy's spine.. as with.. everyone else there. this was the first time she'd heard him sing since they first met... since all of this had happened...
it was oh so different this time. oh so very different. the sound of it making her soul want to cry.

"wise men say.... only fools rush in..."
"but i cant help.. falling in love... with you.." his eyes closed... singing from somewhere very deep inside. he'd never sung for anyone like this before.

"shall i say.. would it be a sin.. if i cant help.. falling in love, with you.."

"like a river flows.. to the sea.. darling so it goes.. Some things, were meant to be..."

she couldn't help but start crying, trying to hold it back. her whole body and soul, heart giving into that voice. singing to her.. and only her. it filled the entire room with its joy and peacefulness radiating from it.

"take my hand.."

"take my whole life to..", he continued to sing, kneeling down, reaching out his hand to hers. shakingly, she grabs on, feeling his grip so strongly around hers... as if it didnt want to ever let go. and he surely didnt. it shocked her to the core... looking straight into her eyes as he sang...

"but i cant help.. falling in love with you..", still holding onto her hand... and humming the rest of the tune.. in the most chantingly rhyhmically beautiful deepest hymn...

"May I have this dance?" he said to her.. gleaming from under the beautiful lights of the stage... illuminating the heat coming off of his skin, and the heavenly deep blue glow of those eyes.
Giving her that private, sweet smile, bringing her up with him as he took her into his arms.

Remembering back to the night she saw them in concert, and him trying to reach out to her... and losing eachother in that chance... this was his way of giving that back to her, to them. The sweetest gesture... and so symbolic.

"This one.. is way, way overdue", he smiled, whispering into her ear... pulling her in closer to him... he could feel her heart pounding against him.
Literally melting into him... his embrace.

He continued to hum the song to her, like a sweet lullaby, soothing her heart and soul, with every note. getting totally lost in the music and that moment, forgetting there was a small audience before them.

she knew right then and there that she never wanted to ever let go.
and by what was happening right then, she knew he didn't either.

their own special dance. not for a show.. not for anyone else.. but them.

"I owe you a lifetime of these", he found himself saying to her...

Those words taking her, and even himself by suprise, at what perhaps he really meant by that.

Looking up into his eyes, she smiled... "I.." she started, "um..", but stopped..moving her eyes down for a moment away from his. she'd confess her entire soul of what she felt for him right there at that moment, looking into them.
so many things she'd love to say.. but didnt.
but her own eyes, and touch said it all... and he knew.

he gently brought his hand to lift her chin up so they were eye to eye...
a smile on his face, unlike she'd ever seen before.
a look that was saying so many things without words... and knowing. like he was reading right into her soul. it almost scared her... how much she could feel for him, and he was for her, and it all happening so fast.

the music still playing...

"but i cant help.. falling in love... with.. you.." he sang one last line... and bringing his lips to hers, singing them against hers... forgetting totally about the microphone.... softly kissing her.

the small group of people in the back of the room clapping from behind the darkness of the room. one lady crying at the 'performance'.
ahh jesus. lol

but this was not a performance. it was all a special thing for her, as he wanted it to be.

a little embarrassed, but chuckling... the two turn around, fully aware of everyone there again. even The Edge, who was tangled up in his guitar chord.
he was shocked at what had just taken place, and couldn't wait to hear of all the details he'd been missing. still wasnt sure what was going on and was still unaware of everything.

(to be continued)

Back
Top Bottom