"Elevation" - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
Disclaimer: Just a product of my whacked out imagination. None of it true. Blah blah.. lol.

here it is...

Part 3:

Bono walks towards the coffee shop a couple blocks away from Chrissy's building.. to where The Angry Edge is awaiting. :p

they were only gonna be in the city for another week before they were to head out on tour again.

he didn't wanna act too happy, he didnt wanna get into too many details just yet... and all of edge's questions. lol.

"yeah yeah.. sorry...", bono mumbles, taking off his jacket, sitting down across from him.

"you're exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds late...", edge says, sipping his coffee.

"fuck you and your watch synchronizing bullshit", bono curses... feeling the need for some alcohol.

edge laughs. "i'm playing with ya, you bloody nutcase. calm down"

"so, did you go see her?", edge asks.

"yup!"

"hmm... thats it? yup?", edge asks, looking for more of a response than that from his usually rambling bono.

a huge grin plants on bono's face...

"ah god, edge. what are you, my father?"

"actually, more like a babysitter.. but please.. continue. i want details.."

bono gives him a look, making edge laugh and nearly spitting out his coffee.

"babysitter, my arse. you bloody son o' a bitch"

edge loved to wire him up.

"so, how was it?"

he didnt really know how to answer this. he gathered edge sensed something earlier, as to the real reason of him wanting to meet Chrissy in the first place. yeah, he really liked her. he liked her a lot.
she was different. very different. someone he thought he'd enjoy getting to know better.
he'd been following up on her and her work for a couple of years and felt like he was getting to know a lot about her, and felt some sort of a deep connection that he couldn't quite explain. and he knew she'd been at shows, and saw her dancing out there, singing along to every word. she stood out from everyone else. the way their eyes met. the vibe between them. that unspoken thing. he could read into her mind, and from what he'd read of her stuff, she could surely read into a part of his. he knew for sure it was her. the next week she'd write about the show in the mag. but he never really got the nerve to try and meet her. which he kicked himself for. they were always either on tour, or he just, for the real first time, felt nervous and shy, or scared about it and kept putting it off. him? shy? he'd seen her pictures, so he knew what she looked like. he actually saw her among the crowd at their last city show. he went to reach out for her, but some idiots went and pushed their way to the front, and he lost view of her, as then it was time for the end of the show, and edge ushering him off the stage. what was his fascination with her? he couldn't quite explain it himself. this was something unlike anything he'd ever experienced.

but how the hell'd he tell edge?
how the hell would he explain to edge that he practically snogged her to death in an elevator?! LOL! oh, the lecturing that would arise...

his mind couldn't get off that kiss. he'd never been kissed like that before. it was so intense and so magical. but something even more underlining. his mind worked in weird ways, and very impulsive ways at that... he wasn't really sure why he kissed her out of the blue like that. 'oh great... i'm coming across like a stalker now. yeah, real good going, bono, you feckin' asshole' he thought to himself. where was adam when he needed some good advice. lol. he was the expert at things like this. but he had a plan, and he surely didn't wanna back out of it now.

"earth to Crazy Spice..", edge says waving his hand in front of bono's face.

"we got stuck in an elevator..."

"Hahahaha, what the bloody hell?"

"I'll explain it later."
"nice, leaving me here in suspense, are ya?"

right now, he just wanted to go somewhere.. eat... have a nice guinness, and refresh his mind before he went back for the meeting... and try and come up with a way to ask chrissy what he really wanted to ask of her when he saw her next. he was afraid of scaring her off though. he was suprised she hadn't smacked him silly in the elevator.

------------

Maggie storms into Chrissy's office, scaring the shit out of the poor mess-maker, making her jump.

"So tell me! What was THAT all about??!!", Maggie begs, excitedly.

Chrissy was still trying to figure that out herself.

"Umm...."

"That was the real Bono, right???"

"Yes, it sure was..." oh god, she wanted to just shout out in joy to the world at that moment.

Mags knew her pretty well, and they'd tell eachother anything. Mags could tell something more happened.

They went way back. In fact, they both went to see U2 in concert for the very first time together years before. Chrissy would take her along, and she'd do reviews for the concerts whenever they were in the city for the magazine, or writing a piece on them about.. anything. Nothing better than writing about your favorite band for your job!
But they were more than that to her. The music saved her from going insane through the years. She literally grew with them. Bono's voice, and words... that spiritual and emotional home she found in it. She'd always write from that perspective.
It was something Bono picked up on in her work, and a lot more.

"Oh God, Mags....", chrissy sighed.

"What? You okay?", mags asked.

"yeah.. i'm fine... I.. um, oh man...", she didnt know where to start.
mags was worried that something was wrong until she saw a big smile on chrissy's face.

"i just can't believe it. i dont get it..", smiling to herself as mags was even more confused than when she saw bono walking in the office. LOL

"what what what. gonna leave me here guessing? now that's a scary thought.."

Chrissy tells Maggie the whole story.. as Maggie is pretty much not believing her ears.

"Wow... that is definitely... a story.."

"he kissed you??????", mags in shock, still...

"yeah. i dont get it either. but my god, it was amazing...", realizing she was mental-blabbering out loud... blushing at the thought. she could still feel him on her. that beautiful physical memory, imbedded into her every pore.

"i think he likes you..."
chrissy gives her a look. "yeah... sure. how and why?"
"thats a stupid question, chris.."
"he just freekin met me!!"
"here you are questioning things again..."
"seriously... i'm not sure what was going on. near the end there, before he left... there was something else he really wanted to tell me, but, i guess i gotta wait till tonight.."
yeah, it was... a pretty weird thing that happened. unreal.. and mysterious.
she didn't want to be duped somehow. not that she thought bono ever would do that. he didn't seem the type at all. but still.. nothing made much sense.

"speaking of that... he'll be back in a little while for that meeting... whatever thats about. which i know he's got something huge to do with it", she chuckled.

"this is gonna be very interesting. very. he's an odd one. but i really like him.." mags laughed.. heading out the door.

"So do I... oh yes I do..."

Mags winked back at her.. "I can tell".

ah shit. caught again.

-------

The clock... which seemed to be going at a very slow pace.. making her more nervous was leading closer and closer to the meeting time.

No calls from Bono yet... no sign of him whatsoever so far. Ugh... I need to be prepared. What the hell is he up to??

She wandered out into the hall to get something from the vending machine.
Funky chip snacks bombared with MSG chemicals. Mmmm. Nice nervous system killers. Just the cure! LOL!!

She finds herself pacing about, munching away as her co-worker Jim runs in announcing to everyone.. "Oh shit... you will not believe who i just ran into in the mens room..."

Who else?

*thud*

Everyone's interest is perked... Oh great.. GODDAMN NERVES!!!

"BONO!! from U2... he was using the urinal next to me. i had no idea who it was. he just up and introduced himself mid-piss..."

Chrissy almost choked on her chip, as she laughed.

"oh god..." she ran back into her office... a nervous wreck... shutting the door behind her.

"what was that all about??" jim asked mags.

"long story..", mags replied. she was nervous for chrissy, too.

all of a sudden, bono walks in. the little whirlwind that he was...

chrissy nowhere to be found. lol.

"good evening, again.." he bowed to maggie. "good evening, mr. bono.. erm B..."
bono smiled. "did the meeting start already?"
"no, not yet. in about 5 minutes though."
"wow, i'm actually early for something", bono smiled to himself.
mags laughed.
"hmm... you know where chrissy is?"
hmm, she didnt know what chrissy would want her to say. she hated being put into these positions.

"you just missed her. she ravaged the vending machine a couple of minutes ago.."

bono grinned at that. "why i'm not suprised".

"yep, thats our chrissy. heh. she went back in her office. she should still be there.." mags said, now worried that bono walking in would cause chrissy to have a heart attack right there. chrissy was always nerved up about stuff.. so she knew how she was. lol.

*knock knock*

Chrissy knocks stuff off her desk by accident, fumbling around to pick them up... "fuck it.."

"one second... one second.."

she trips again getting to the door.. *thud* "fuck!".. he hears this from outside and starts cracking up.

she opens the door, mid "fu.." again..

"bono!", she said shocked to see him standing there, originally expecting it to be the annoying Jim again. lol.

"good evening, my sweet", he gleams, kissing her hand.. making her blush like mad.

"good evening, to you"... she smiled, as he was still holding onto her hand.

hmm, she obviously still didn't mind me doing that... he thought to himself... easing his own fears that she'd feel awkward around him... which surely didn't seem the case. she was very happy to see him.

"just wanted to pop in and say hello before the meeting. oh, and i found my cellphone!! edge found it earlier..." he says excitedly, holding it up.
hmm, heh.

"i'm very glad you two have been reunited! that poor cellphone..." she laughed... not sure what to say, and still nervous.

"well, depends. now edge will be calling me up every 10 minutes, keeping an eye on me. damn tyrant."

"its tough love, bono... gotta love it.."
"love it? fuck that..." he laughs as Mags comes in to tell them the meeting's started.

"shall i walk with ya?"

"sure thing", she agrees... calming down a little.

"oh and care to tell me what this whole meeting is all about?", she added, with a lopsided grin matching his.

"ahh... can't tell ya. you gotta wait and see", he smirks.
"damn you", she couldn't resist.
he liked her friskiness.
"its a suprise", damn that freekin' mischievious grinning little bastard!!!
"you're driving me mad"
he liked this bantering. and she knew it. it drove her nuts. she hated being in suspense, especially about something that involved her. ugh, where's some MSG filled chips and valiums when ya need 'em most....

"do you always find it amusing to torture people like this?", she asked, as the plastered grin on his face just got bigger. AHHH!!!!!

"yes, for a matter of fact, i do!" he says proudly, as she couldn't resist smacking his arm. maybe a little too hard.

"ow!"

she grinned... giving him a look of victory. ah hell, she didnt smack him that hard. big baby.

they walk past jim in the hall, who's staring.

"hey, urinal man!" bono calls out, giving him the thumbs up.
jim just stands there, confused.. "hey.. um, bono!"

"urinal man?!", chrissy asks laughing, whispering to bono.
"yeah, i thought he'd like that nickname. i had a run-in with him in the bathroom a little while ago. strange guy", he laughed.

"i wont even ask..", chrissy laughs.

-----

Back
Top Bottom