Elevation Live TONIGHT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[color=royal blue]I swear I was just about to make this thread :) I'm excited, I'ma watch it!! Give them the ratings they deserve for givin us Bono![/color]

daisybean said:
hehehe I saw the commercial for it this morning and got all giddy.

Then I thought to myself "Duh, I have the DVD I can watch it anytime," but I still felt all giddy and full of fuzzies. :tongue:
lol the same thing happened to me daisy! we definitely need to make sure they get more viewers than the queen's thingie!

U2 ROCKS!!!!

I have the DVD but I'm definently watching it! I'd never watch the queens thing, it looks dull.
I mean, though I have respect for Paul and Ozzy and everyone, and Sharon Osbourne's pretty
cool, this is U2 we're talkin about, and there's nothing more to say about that.
My whole family is making fun of me for getting all excited whenever I see the commercial.
*Sigh* They just don't understand..:p :lol:
Queens Jubilee- NO!
U2 :bono: :adam: :edge: :larry: = YESSSSS!

I just hope that my cable company carries this station. There are so many TV stations out there that's it's really confusing as to whether or not your city is picking up Station X. If it's not shown here I'll scream! :scream: :scream:

verte76 said:
I just hope that my cable company carries this station. There are so many TV stations out there that's it's really confusing as to whether or not your city is picking up Station X. If it's not shown here I'll scream! :scream: :scream:

Your TV guide should be able to tell you if you have the station... I think before it was ABC Family, it was FOX family. They mostly show that annoying Olsen Twins show, and cartoons.

EL-E-VA-TION!!!

Party at the Palace is on tonight, too. Maybe they'll show a clip of William. :heart:

daisybean said:

Your TV guide should be able to tell you if you have the station... I think before it was ABC Family, it was FOX family. They mostly show that annoying Olsen Twins show, and cartoons.

AND WHO'S LINE IS IT ANYWAY!!!
Which I watch constantly. So does my ma. Except she makes a little cross at the TV whenever the U2 commercial comes on ;)

Just watched the show! Wow! Not quite like getting Elevated again--that was only possible in person--but still awesome. They showed some stuff on this broadcast that didn't make it onto the VH-1 show. They didn't do "Desire" or "Stay" or any of WUDM in Atlanta, where I was Elevated, so I got some nice bits and pieces I haven't gotten anywhere else.

So I'll admit that I only watched the first hour :( The mom and her boyfriend wanted to watch a movie and, well, I do have the dvd now...

So they still edited, no matter what they were saying...

They left out UTEOTW and New York during the time that I was watching...

ANYway...for those who missed it, Elevation will be on ABC Family again

June 19 @ 8pm AND June 20 @ 1pm

hippyactress said:
So I'll admit that I only watched the first hour :( The mom and her boyfriend wanted to watch a movie and, well, I do have the dvd now...

Yeah, and those are two gems. But....I thought "New York" was better at the November show, after 9/11. I have two sisters who live in NYC, and one of them was still lilving in Lower Manhattan when the attack happened. Good gosh, I cried my eyes out that time....it took on a whole new meaning, did it not?

hippyactress said:

ANYway...for those who missed it, Elevation will be on ABC Family again

June 19 @ 8pm AND June 20 @ 1pm

Ugggh. I'm such a dope! I forgot to watch this tonight so thanks for posting the other viewing times/:yes:

One of my friends from work is in Texas on vacation...she called me tonight to ask if I was going to watch "this U2 thing on cable tonight"...
She's a good friend ;)

Mrs.Clayton said:
One of my friends from work is in Texas on vacation...she called me tonight to ask if I was going to watch "this U2 thing on cable tonight"...
She's a good friend ;)

One time U2 was playing on TV and my sister called me from New York City to tell me to watch. Unfortunately I was out of town and was having the thing taped. :lol: :lol:

Was the show just stuff from the DVD or was there some other footage from different concerts? I couldn't watch it "cause I wasn't home.

Just wondering....

Lemon Meringue said:
Was the show just stuff from the DVD or was there some other footage from different concerts? I couldn't watch it "cause I wasn't home.

Just wondering....

I'm not sure because I don't have the DVD. All I know is that they showed some stuff that they didn't show on VH-1. They claimed that they were showing some "never-before-seen" footage. I don't know, would this mean that it's not on the DVD? That sounds weird........:huh: :huh:

Lemon Meringue said:

Just wondering....

It was the same concert as is on the DVD except they cut out UTEOTW, BTBS, One and New York. They also bleeped out the word "spoon" from "Desire." I know that it's a drug reference and all, but that is pretty lame.
Regardless of what wasn't in the show, this was still very cool because there was way more stuff in the ABC Family version of the concert than the VH-1 one. How great was it that they included "Wake Up Dead Man" and "In A Little While"? So love The Edge in that last one!!

daisybean said:

However, the censors didn't change "...fever, when I'm inside her" :huh:

I will never, ever understand the logic over what words and references are and aren't included. Isn't needle worse than spoon? And why did they edit out the entire second line from Wake Up Dead Man instead of just bleeping the f-word? Are we not allowed to say the world is messed up on the Family Channel? I shouldn't be too hard on the folks from ABC Family, after all they did bring us this great show.

I'll never understand censorship. You can see people killing people on TV, but you can't see a person holding up their middle finger :scratch:

flaming june said:
I'll never understand censorship. You can see people killing people on TV, but you can't see a person holding up their middle finger :scratch:

I know, it's stupid. People know this stuff happens anyway, so what the heck? Since the station is called "ABC Family" and they are actually rating the shows--this one was rated PG-13--I guess they feel like there are some rules they have to follow unless they want some of the far-right puritanical types on their case. I hate that, but it's the breaks. Hey, at least we got to see Bono. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom