Elevation Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
This is not a new sighting, but I have never posted about this experience so I thought I'd share:
After LA3 last fall, I staked out Van Nuys airport starting early in the morning, even bringing along my little dog.
Since we were alone, I didnt have any nerve to actyually try and get to meet the band, so we just hung out in a little area next to U2s hangar, at a hotel.
We waited all day, but it finally paid off, when black SUVs pulled up, and I could actually see the band get out and ascend the stairs to their jet. They had very nonchalant expressions on their faces, but it was just so cool being able to watch them like this.
It became almost magical when the jet taxied north, then made a wide sweeping turn and just absolutely roared south down the runway....It roared right past me, and it was so loud and so powerful, the ground shook and the vibrations just tore through my chest and seemingly right into my heart!
I waved frantically at them, they may have seen me as i was very close, and it was so awesome, I was the only one there, just me and them!:drool:
They took off, then banked right, flew in front of the sun, then headed north torwards their next show...
An interesting footnote is that just as they started heading south down the runway, I flicked on my radio and KLOS just happened to start playing "In God's Country" right then!! :eek:
It was so magical, just a very spiritual experience, I cant really even explain it, It was just one of those times when you just had to be there!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom