Egads! Bono Impersonators Galore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Egads! Bono Impersonators Galore!

Merc said:

...the only way this guy remotely resembles Bono is his very bad guitar playing! :lol:

:crazy:

That's the first thing that came to my mind too! :lol:

Either of those guys look or sing anything like Bono!! Definately NOT better than the real thing!!! :no:

:bono: :heart:

biff said:
Did he say, "I'm a natural blond, but so's he"? Bono's a natrual blond? LOL!

yea that part was hillarious :lol:

it's so obvious that he never met Bono, he hasn't a clue how to act like him!

Galeongirl said:
and in the second part with dolly parton.... it becomes claer that this guy could NEVER be Bono.... he lacks self confidence BADLY! look at the way he stands! Bono would never stand like that, Bono poses manly, self confidentr and proud! not shy, bent over forward and fidgeting on his feet!

Uh, what about all those Napolean poses Bono does these days, he's practically bent double! Someone post a pic! And Bono not fidget? :lol:

hcbiggs2002 said:

This guy is so slimy that watching this just gave me the creeps! :sick: :yuck:
Seriously :| Kinda bugs me that there are people out there that get fooled and think that's how Bono really is.

I saw a Bono impersonator near the soundboard at the Montreal show. He was good from a distance, cause I did a double-take. Video of him on the streets of Montreal with a fake bodyguard surfaced later on and he was definitely trying to pass himself off as the real thing. Don't know if it was the same guy :scratch:

On the other hand there was a Bono impersonator in the Hawaii GA that was almost a dead ringer, but he never tried to fool anyone. He was quite nice actually. I'm sure many people here have seen his pics or had a chance to meet him too :yes:

The fact that there are people somewhere in the world who think that EITHER of those guys is doing a good impersonation of Bono makes me think that perhaps I need to look into a side career as an Angelina Jolie impersonator. :up:

I mean, Hell, I look as much like her as they do like Bono. :der:

(Trust me when I say you don't need a picture of me to see just how much I DON'T look like AJ!!! :lmao: )

jag0918 said:
He's just an impersonator...you guys are looking way too deep into this, geez

I have the impression he is not 'just an impersonator'...
From the stuff we heard from the people meeting this Pavel guy, he actually acted like he was Bono outside of a U2 show or a gig, and he did NOT tell the crowd he wasn't Bono... he just played along.... I think it is wrong to fool people like that!

kafrun said:

Seriously :| Kinda bugs me that there are people out there that get fooled and think that's how Bono really is.

I saw a Bono impersonator near the soundboard at the Montreal show. He was good from a distance, cause I did a double-take. Video of him on the streets of Montreal with a fake bodyguard surfaced later on and he was definitely trying to pass himself off as the real thing. Don't know if it was the same guy :scratch:

On the other hand there was a Bono impersonator in the Hawaii GA that was almost a dead ringer, but he never tried to fool anyone. He was quite nice actually. I'm sure many people here have seen his pics or had a chance to meet him too :yes:

Bonish:giggle: :heart:
1009323iu7.jpg

Yep like Kaf said he was just a nice guy who likes Bono's style but he was not acting like B in any way. There where a few look alikes in Hawaii. :yes:

Awwww, him! The one who saved our spots for us! :cute: He was a nice guy who called me ma'am and helped me once in the crowd when it got rowdy during the rush to get inside the stadium. :giggle:

Galeongirl said:

I have the impression he is not 'just an impersonator'...
From the stuff we heard from the people meeting this Pavel guy, he actually acted like he was Bono outside of a U2 show or a gig, and he did NOT tell the crowd he wasn't Bono... he just played along.... I think it is wrong to fool people like that!

Well, if people are being fooled, it says more about the people than the impersonator. Sorry to be harsh :shrug:

wow They very good impersonators to dress up like him . I say Some must have got face change too to have a face like bono.
Its kinda scary .
Any of these men got names for there bands also websites?

Galeongirl said:
:cute: and he's soo...... tall! :yes:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-779688392281471143&q=bono
posted it in the youtube thread, but I think this belongs here... this is a dutch guy... I think this was for idols 3, it's 2005, after U2 were in amsterdam, so either late july, or august... :hmm: he got the 'wearing' guitar right :yes:

what do you guys think?

Actually he is pretty good. Better than the other fools.

blueeyedgirl said:

Well, if people are being fooled, it says more about the people than the impersonator. Sorry to be harsh :shrug:

Yes I think you are being a little harsh, coz just beause some people are gullible enough to believe that these impersonators are the real thing but the impersonators themselves are still responsible for his own actions and should not go round misleading people! :tsk:
I personally find that sort of behaviour to be very spiteful, seeing how far you can fool someone into to believing you're something or someone your not!! :shame:

>

" Pavel Sfera as "Bono"

I'm Pavel, a Bono impersonator and frontman to Vertigo, a national and international musical and spiritual tribute to U2 based out of Chicago. As a U2 fan and a fan of Bono's views on humanity, it's been an honor and an absolute pleasure to share not only the physical likeness of an incredibly talented musician, a poet, a father, a husband, a humanitarian and person who is more than just a symbolic world leader, but also to feel the impact he has on normal everyday unsung heroes of day to day living. Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs. Of course, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono. The feelings many people have for him are powerful. Usually, people will approach me and say "Thank You", "I love you", and "I love your music".

As a musician myself, I do play several instruments, with my voice being the foremost instrument, I can truly attest to the power of song that moves people in such a deeper level, brings out the better in them--often a indelible memory recalled. Naturally, in moments of impersonation, I do a fantastic Irish accent to add to the flavor of the moment. Many of my Irish friends find it amusing in taking me to local Irish Pubs for a pint or so of Guinness, just to see the reactions of the patrons.

On a political level, I do share Bono's feelings of the profound need for peace and the calls to duty. To actually be involved, to encourage, to act upon and to make earnest efforts in fostering that sense of peace and civility betweens peoples---I know it well. I was born in the former Yugoslavia to Romanian parents. We left the country because of the tumultuous political landscape that troubled its inhabitants. My father, and absolute gentleman, humble and a man of genuinely profound faith in Jesus, spent 10 years in prison in the former Yugoslavia for his faith--in a typical bible like story of our modern times. My father was beaten and tortured on a regular basis to have him change his convictions in Jesus. He didn't. After serving his first sentence of 5 years on Goli Otok, my father, married with two children at the time, went right back into this prison knowing full well that he may not ever come out alive. This is the type story shared, where the sources of inspiration, of poetry, song, and the desperate need to have devotion to all things good, righteous, just and Godly.

No doubt, U2 fans and yet uncoverted fans will sense my love for U2's music as I personify Bono on stage to be a part of the spritual experience.

-Pavel-

Pavel has made guest appearances as Bono on many television shows and films. He has been a guest on the "Carson Daly Show", "Chelsea Handler Show", VH1 and several reality shows with E! Entertainment including a pilot where Pavel was the lead character. He has become a household name at Pierce Brosnan's home as he has played there with his Southern California U2 tribute act, Desire. Atop of his "psuedo celebrity" status, Pavel is also a humanitarian. He has volunteered with the handicapped orphans in Romania, has rebuilt homes in Missouri for many of the flood victims, has been extensively involved in the Best Buddy program that is modeled after the Big Brother Program involving handicapped children. Pavel is also a composer of classical piano compositions. He is a poet and has a collection of poetical works in the process of publication.

juggsalicious said:

Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs. Of course, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono.

Hello, Pavel. Thank you for your response.

I'm most curious about the above comment: do you actually tell people who approach you, and obviously think that you are Bono, that you are, in fact, NOT Bono?

GracelandHarley said:

Hello, Pavel. Thank you for your response.

I'm most curious about the above comment: do you actually tell people who approach you, and obviously think that you are Bono, that you are, in fact, NOT Bono?

this isnt pavel, but i can assure you that every time i have gone out with him, and yes he is stopped and asked every single time, even when he is NOT wearing the glasses, he has never once said that he was bono, and for your word play references, when he has been asked outright if he is bono, he has said no he is not.

juggsalicious said:

this isnt pavel, but i can assure you that every time i have gone out with him, and yes he is stopped and asked every single time, even when he is NOT wearing the glasses, he has never once said that he was bono, and for your word play references, when he has been asked outright if he is bono, he has said no he is not.

Well, how odd, you seemed to have posted to imply that Pavel himself was responding! But it was just some canned response from his own self-promotion machine.

And as for "word play references"... I think your little friend is the king here! My post made no "play" at all at the question whatsoever-- I asked it straight out! On the contrary, the "blurb" you posted as Pavel's response was way more than coy on the subject, and your defensive response just confirmed my suspicions! "...when he has been asked outright"? :eyebrow:

When someone approaches him, and treats him like he is Bono, and tells him that "Joshua Tree" changed his life, yada, yada, yada... does he stand there like a d*@$ and say nothing?! What does he sign as an autograph in said situation? :madspit:

It's okay that he fakes it, as long as no one asks him outright, right? The previously posted opinions of your friend stand pretty much as, is, juggs. :|

GracelandHarley said:

Well, how odd, you seemed to have posted to imply that Pavel himself was responding! But it was just some canned response from his own self-promotion machine.

actually, that was copied & pasted from greg flamm's site for his tribute band vertigo.

all of your other comments, well, i dont have time for the drama...

cheers!

juggsalicious said:
it's been an honor and an absolute pleasure to share not only the physical likeness of an incredibly talented musician,

:lmao: you're kidding right?

juggsalicious said:

Because of the striking resemblance, I'm stopped daily for autographs and photographs.

Of course, I don't autograph Mr. Hewson's name nor do I tell people that I'm Bono.

what striking resemblance?
and btw, :shh: Bono doesn't sign autographs as Mr. Hewson either...

juggsalicious said:

actually, that was copied & pasted from greg flamm's site for his tribute band vertigo.

all of your other comments, well, i dont have time for the drama...

cheers!

Pavel isn't in Vertigo

Back
Top Bottom