Effanbee, wherefore art thou?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YDW - off subject, but I've had you on my mind. How did the medical tests you had recently turn out? Everything's well, I hope?

Sorry to derail the thread before it even gets started! :reject:

BluRmGrl said:
YDW - off subject, but I've had you on my mind. How did the medical tests you had recently turn out? Everything's well, I hope?

Sorry to derail the thread before it even gets started! :reject:

Thanks BRG for asking. :) So far my results have come back normal but they still don't know what's wrong..ack....I work in a drs surgery so they've told me that it's probably just me and that some ppl have things that aren't 'normal' but it's normal for them, if this makes any sense. I think I've got one more test to do and then maybe they'll leave off and say; ok, there's nothing wrong with you. We've had a good rummage round and you're normal...hee hee. They were looking for things cancerous, as they do. It's a process of elimination but it doesn't make you feel especially great at the time. So, I'm just waiting to see what they come up with.

How are you btw, did you get your results that you were waiting for? I do hope they were what you wanted to hear. Let me know if you get the chance. Thanks.

:kiss:

ok, I've got a question...is Slopsy related to Effanbee? I'm just trying to get things straight around here, since I don't know anyone.

iloveedge said:
ok, I've got a question...is Slopsy related to Effanbee? I'm just trying to get things straight around here, since I don't know anyone.

Mommy and daughter :cute:

:wave: everyone! Still here and Slopsy too just lots of things going on at present like family coming to live in NZ (urk! two littlies under 6! Very sweet but nice to give back to parents). Also poorly horsey with sore back, he tried to make me fly last week, only way he could tell me he was hurting, poor boy! :( I forgive him for that but NOT for standing on my foot last week. :mad:

Been working on my latest story and it's proving to be a real bitchcowbastard. Larry is so much more difficult to write about than Bono, it's taking a long time and will need to be severely edited as when I run out of ideas I tend to lapse into *rather naughty* paras :giggle:

Then there's the 'serious' book which is going to be quite different to what I'd planned … very exciting but kind of scary in a way, you know?

YDW I'm SO loving Christine and can't wait for the next part. You're my very, very favourite fanfic writer :kiss: so keep up the good work.

Going to pick the Slopster up from work now, be prepared for VERY LOUD SQUEALS when she sees the rare pic thread from Jesus Girl!

Hi effanbee :wave:

:shifty: Tell her to check out the Freestylin Friday thread too... I found another Edge poledancing pic. :wink:

Will do, comet! :wink: She needs cheering up cos she has a cold and it's exam time again. Last exams fell bang in the middle of our special U2 time, Slopsy revised for her Maths while sitting on the pavement outside the Hyatt … happy times … can't believe it was 6 months ago :sigh:

Great to hear from you Effy. I wondered how come we hadn't seen you in a while. Under 6s eh? :evil: And horsey trouble too. I hate it when animals just can't tell you what's wrong. My dog used to just look, I dunno, miserable. They're so precious though...

Anyways, looking forward to the new fic. And the book, what's it about? I began my 'book' in 1997...:yikes: and I can't believe it's been 10 years. Are you gonna do anything w/yours? I'd so love to write full time..ack...friggin' work...I need to retire early..:angry: I'm fed up of it taking over my life. I can think of so many other things I could be doing.....(stalking B for a start...:drool: heehee.. I'd probably get arrested for public drooling or something).

You're writing a book, YDW? That's great news! Never mind if it's been 10 years in the writing, the best things take time to mature (just look at Larry :drool:). Are you going to publish when it's finished?

Mine is based on a true life story; a friend recently came back into my life and we got talking one day over the ironing (she does my cleaning for me cos I'm too bloody idle!) and it all evolved from there. It's really horrific in places, there have been plenty of tears while we've been working on it but it's also incredibly positive in many ways in respect of overcoming adversity. Yes, it will be published, I'll self-publish if I have to as the story needs to be told.

Writing full-time is my ultimate goal too. Wouldn't it be great to be able to write whenever we want instead of sneaking the odd hours (very odd, usually 2 in the morning) and fitting it around all the other crap? And then visiting Ireland … and France … and the US … it would be worth getting arrested I reckon!! Although by the time I've finished my book I'll probably have to chase the boys around on a zimmer frame.:wink:

Effanbee said:
You're writing a book, YDW? That's great news! Never mind if it's been 10 years in the writing, the best things take time to mature (just look at Larry :drool:). Are you going to publish when it's finished?

Mine is based on a true life story; a friend recently came back into my life and we got talking one day over the ironing (she does my cleaning for me cos I'm too bloody idle!) and it all evolved from there. It's really horrific in places, there have been plenty of tears while we've been working on it but it's also incredibly positive in many ways in respect of overcoming adversity. Yes, it will be published, I'll self-publish if I have to as the story needs to be told.

Writing full-time is my ultimate goal too. Wouldn't it be great to be able to write whenever we want instead of sneaking the odd hours (very odd, usually 2 in the morning) and fitting it around all the other crap? And then visiting Ireland … and France … and the US … it would be worth getting arrested I reckon!! Although by the time I've finished my book I'll probably have to chase the boys around on a zimmer frame.:wink:

Yeah, I could so get used to writing whenever I wanted instead of coming up w/ideas when I'm half asleep or on my way to work, when I know damn well I'll have forgotten what I was gonna write. :angry: My 'book' is a vampire book. I guess you call say it would be discribed best as paranormal romance. It has a wealth of characters both good and bad, vampiric and human but it's getting the time to sit down and concentrate on it. I've written most of it but it needs editing. Maybe I will have a go at self publishing one day. I'd really like to see it out there. Although I just like to write so maybe I'll just show it to ppl I know...and yeah, chasing the guys with zimmers.:laugh: Bono probably wouldn't be able to run that fast by then anyways. And I expect Edge will have invented something that would make his go fast :lol: so I don't reckon I'll be catching him!

Awww, people noticed we weren't about! Sweet :heart:
Urgh, I only get to check in here really fast in the mornings at the moment, and at the weekend. Year 12's a bitch! But, there's always new Edge pics to keep me sane!!!

Back
Top Bottom