Edge's # seven shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceGirl

The Fly
The Edge wear's this number seven shirt :drool: that has red for the main shirt then a blue square with a white number seven. I wanted to make myself a shirt like his but I need pictures of the shirt or him wearing it. If you could post some pics of Edge and the shirt I would be very greatfull.:hug:

thanx,

SpaceGirl

#7 T-shirt

EleEdge_7RedTshirt_Boston_Live.jpg
010606r2-04crp-u2.jpg
010606r3-01crp-u2.jpg
010609r2-18crp-u2.jpg

Thank you for the pictures they will help out alot.
Guess what my friend did. I told her to wash all the materials before we start on the shirts, so she washes our white material with the new red shirts, We now have pink material for our #7's on the shirt. *Hits friend over the head*

LOL, Union Bay has a wwhole selection of shirts for boys with a #7 on them. A coincidence, I think not.
I got to buy my son a U2 linked shirt without him knowing the connection, hehe.

*Sneaks in*

Go to your local craft store and get some white paint and just paint a 7 onto the blue material.
That way when you wash it once it's all together, the red won't stain the white again.

*Doesn't know how technical you want to get*
The X across the entire square is a machine stitched zig-zag in yellow.
Something like 74 4.5mm red rhinestones, because I'm obsessed like that and counted every single one from this picture:

OctoberRedSevenShirt.JPG

Sincerely,
Experienced replica Edge Shirt replicator.

*Sneaks back in to edit the arrows into brackets*

Last edited:
LMAO!! You are such a trip...

She knows her shit, SpaceGirl. And yes, she is that obsessive. This post she made, here, is only the tip of the frickin' iceburg, lol. But she is good at making those shirts. I have one. ::points to CMM's signature:: That's me, there, on the right, wearing it...even though you can't really see it.

Good luck SpaceGirl! Show us a pic when you're done!

Last edited:
Damn rinstones we use plain round meatle studs. Oh whell the show will go on. Thanks for telling us that the X on the blue is yellow I would have just used white!
thanks for the pictures!
and yes we will take pictures of the finnished product.
we are making three of them.

Oh by the way, CMM, that reminds me -- the white trim around the edge (hee.) of Shawn's orange 7 is wearing off a bit, but not the color on the inside of the number. Looks like the paint will stick to the fabric allright but not paint to paint.

...Then again, he doesn't handwash it like I told him to. He just puts it through the wash with everything else. But considering how often he wears/washes it, it looks to me like it's holding up pretty well!

Oh hey, what about Collin's? He's going off to college soon...Oh but you'll never make it in time. I'll just mail it to him. But how is that one coming, at any rate?

What the juck?! Why am I posting all this in here?? Oh...well...I'll be asleep when you get on tonight anyway. ::shrugs::

That is why you haven't seen me much at night lately. I've been getting up at frickin' 5:30 every morning to go to the gym with my brothers and work on my upper-body strength for kayaking....And my buns of steel. ::nods::

SpaceGirl said:
Damn rinstones we use plain round meatle studs.

Well you still need the studs.
Those go around the outside *Refuses to sing Without Me* of the 7.
RedSevenShirt.JPG

Yeah, I know that doesn't have the X zig-zagged, but I didn't find that out until I saw the shirt at the HOF.

Oh, also, for the blue squiggles at the side, I can't reccommend enough getting iron-on tear-away stabilizer. The stretchiness of the shirt can be a bitch to stitch over and not accidentally gathering the material.

And as far as setting the rhinestones and studs on paint (if you're nuts like me and go that way) wait as long as you possibly can, at least 5-6 days, if not longer, for the paint to set completely. When it's still fairly elastic the settings are nearly impossible to get through and have the stud set cleanly.

Thank you CMM:hug: It will take me longer now to make because I want to do a complete job. *will be up all night*:hyper:

well got to get running off to micheals.....:happy:

by the way don't mind my bad spelling.....

I think I forgot to mention the indespensible use of temporary basting glue.

*Will not sew an Edge-style number shirt without it*

It's pretty much like washable school glue, but guaranteed to wash out on most fabrics. It dries in about 10-20 minutes, depending on how much you use (btw, ignore the "first coat sorta dry, second coat then apply" shit. Just spread and paste the sucker) and it washes out of all cotton, poly, and poly-cotton blends.

*Will probably think of something else tomorrow*

Back
Top Bottom