Edge's Music Rising Tshirt is available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey all..
I think i have figured it out.. My survey from various people... If you ordered a size small or medium your shirt will probably be made by American Apparel. If you ordered an Large(not 100% sure), XL (sure on these) or larger it should be made by EDUN.

What ya all think? :hmm:

Got my XL for my hubby today. It's Edun, looks great, size is great too. Perfect! Best experience I've had with Fanfire yet. Thanks again for letting us all know about this great opportunity to help! :)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
hey all..
I think i have figured it out.. My survey from various people... If you ordered a size small or medium your shirt will probably be made by American Apparel. If you ordered an Large(not 100% sure), XL (sure on these) or larger it should be made by EDUN.

I think you may be on to something. I ordered a Medium and received American Apparel :hmm: I wonder why there's this disparity between sizes?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
hey all..

yep.. I got a Large: EDUN!

Hey folks I emailed Dorit from Music Cares & Grammy Foundation. She is the senior manager there and is the one I was in contact with to get the tshirts available to the public. She has been wonderful and very responsive to us U2 fans..

Here's what I wrote...

"Hi Dorit!

You are so welcome. I really appreciate your responsiveness it has been a pleasure to talk with you via email.

Being this way just comes naturally I think it's that U2 passion that drives me. All U2 fans are like this. We are drawn to the passion that exudes from U2 and their music I think. No, we are lucky to have U2!

I have a question for you though. Why are some of the tshirts being made by two different factories? It seems that the tshirts that are sizes small and medium are being made by American Apparel. While sizes Large, XL and bigger are being made by Edun. Can you give me some info on this? We just love the quality and feel of the shirts coming from Edun. It seems that it would make more sense to have them all come from one factory.

What led me to this question is that people were posting on interference and u2.com that their shirts were made by both these companies. So I did a survey so to speak and came to this conclusion.

Whatever information you can give me would be great.

Thanks a million!
and take care.

Amy

Dorit Kalev <DoritK@grammy.com> wrote:

Hi there, how are you?

Thanks so much for the positive feedback and I am thrilled that you got your t-shirt yesterday! I know a lot of folks wanted those shirts so it’s great to know that they’re out in the public now.

Please let me know if you need anything else or have any questions. I really, truly appreciate the correspondence that we’ve had and the updates from you. Again, Music Rising and U2 are super lucky to have people like you that are supporting these particular relief efforts.

All the best to you,
Dorit"

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
^ thank you for working with them to make the t-shirt available :bow:

thanks! :wink: It wasn't just me I meant to mention. There were a couple of other people involved in the email campaign to get the shirts available..

Here's the latest email response from Dorit.. I will let you know if she gets an answer..

Hi there… sorry for the delayed response.. I have been trying to get an answer to your question and so far, no such luck. But, I will keep trying to find out and as soon as I have some information for you, I’ll let you know.

Thanks again for the info… you guys know more than I do!

Best,

Dorit

Just in case there are still people who ordered the Music Rising shirt immediately but haven't received it yet ( :wave: ), you'd better check with Fanfire.

I just called and apparently even though I got the backorder e-mail, my order was deleted . When she researched it, she told me that they cancelled the order because when it was backordered, they didn't think they'd get more in. I told her that I ordered it within 24 hours of it going on sale and other people who got the same e-mail had received theirs. After quite a bit of discussion (she was very nice though), she re-ordered it for me. And because I used my resubscription coupon on that order (I got more than one shirt), I couldn't use it again. They were nice enough to waive shipping. They were very nice and accomodating, but when I confirmed my size (L), she said "Oh, only 2 left."

So in conclusion, if you haven't gotten your MR shirt, call them ASAP.

I ordered mine the day the shirt was posted. I was starting to wonder where it was when it arrived last week. It is very good quality (XL so I'm assuming it's Edun, I have to admit I didn't look) It is on the boxy side, so I'll probably have it tailored a little before I wear it to the Jazz Fest iin May.

Anyone who hasn't ordered one and is thinking about it, please don't hesitate. As a shirt, it is tres cool, but as a cause, there is none better. There is still far, far to go there is any semblance of normal. Allez musique!

silvrlvr said:
I ordered mine the day the shirt was posted. I was starting to wonder where it was when it arrived last week. It is very good quality (XL so I'm assuming it's Edun, I have to admit I didn't look) It is on the boxy side, so I'll probably have it tailored a little before I wear it to the Jazz Fest iin May.

Anyone who hasn't ordered one and is thinking about it, please don't hesitate. As a shirt, it is tres cool, but as a cause, there is none better. There is still far, far to go there is any semblance of normal. Allez musique!

:yes: IF you haven't ordered it yet do it now! Demand has been crazy! Which is great cuz its supporting an awesome cause! WTG EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :up:

ordered mine as well now. let's see how long it takes them to ship it to germany. a friend of mine ordered from fanfire before and waited 6 months :|

Back
Top Bottom