Edge's daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to pray the rosary for Sian. May God bless her and her family with a full recovery and help the rest of the family through these very difficult times. Edge has given me so much joy with his musical genius, now it's time to give something back when he's in need of it.

verte76 said:
I am going to pray the rosary for Sian. May God bless her and her family with a full recovery and help the rest of the family through these very difficult times. Edge has given me so much joy with his musical genius, now it's time to give something back when he's in need of it.

Yes... I totally agree with that, verte!
:( :sad:
:hug:

verte76 said:

Yes. :sad: :hug: :hug:

The good news from all of this is that the success rate for childhood leukemia is very good. My mother used to work for a cancer center. I don't have the numbers handy, but *many* of these children have stayed in remission for the five years it takes to be declared cancer-free. I'll try to get more information about this. Sometimes there is a real advantage to having a scientist in the family!

My prayers and all my love for Sian and her family! Hope she gets better soon!! :hug: By the smiles on Edge and Morleigh's face last night I think she'll be all right! :up:

:hug:

On a positive note, the fact that Edge and Morleigh were both there last night AND that the band hasn't canceled the tour altogether must be a positive sign for Sian. Larry alluded to the fact that the tour almost didn't happen, and he didn't mean ticket sales. Hopefully, Sian is doing better.

I hope it gets better for her, and I know she's very ill, but just out of curiosity... what exactly is wrong with her?

verte76 said:
Edge has given me so much joy with his musical genius, now it's time to give something back when he's in need of it.

I feel exactly the same.

At the risk of appearing "weird" or unduly posting a photo of his child, what I did when this news got out was to print out a small photo of that adorable shot of Edge kneeling at the "edge" of the stage playing for Sian.

Underneath the photo I typed out "Of science and the human heart there is no limit."

I can't post the photo right now at work but I know you've all seen it. I'm not an extremely religious person, but I do believe there is spiritual power to be shared... and if there is any tiny spiritual "push" I can contribute when I see that photo on a daily basis, I want to do it.

:heart: :edge: :heart:

PopDaisy

U2 are simply an amazing group of people. Especially Edge. For them to continue on with the tour with this situation lingering over them is just absolutely incredible and I think we should all be thankful for that. If I were Edge there's no way I would choose touring over staying with your sick child. I also hope this is a sign that she is doing ok.

Dreamchaser (Mel) had an encounter with Bono at the Grammies. She always seems to meet him!
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else here at Interference, but she goes into a fair bit of detail about what he said, particularly with regard to the cancellation/postponement of the tour, and the reason for it. You can find it at her blog:
U2 modblog. Please read it.

:hug: and prayers to Edge and his family. I was so happy to see him and Morleigh last night. They are very brave, and my heart goes out to them and their daughter.

I know what is like to deal with a situation like that in your family. :(
Edge and his family will be in my prayers and hopefully God will listen to us and she'll recover very soon.

I echo everyone else.... I've said quite a few prayers for Edge and his family. I wish them well. Going through Cancer is no fun, but with support it makes it easier :hug:

I know that there is nothing that we can do but keep Sian, her family, the other boys and their gang in our prayers. I strongly believe that there is power in prayer! Through prayer, miracles happen, this I know from experience.
I will say that I was so happy to see the Edge and Morleigh smiling and enjoying themselves lastnight! My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. Many blessings! :hug:

I was feeling really sad about this when I first heard the rumors, and I felt really powerless. I tried to think of something I could do, so I contacted this organization to register:

http://www.giftoflife.org/article.asp?ID=10

Yes, I know of course I'm not directly helping Sian (or even if this is relevant to her and we don't know the specifics of her illness, nor should we, nor do I want to). But maybe someday it'll help somebody :shrug:

Kelly, you are amazing. :hug:

I registered when my father was fighting leukemia. A bone marrow donor has to be very closely related to the patient -- siblings are preferred over parents or children. But as you said, you just never know when you could have the chance to help somebody. Thank you so much for posting this link, and letting people know what they can do. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom