EDGEPRESSIONS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awakening

The Fly
This thread is for those of us who spent entire shows (heck, our entire lives) studying Edge in every minute detail and have acquired intimate knowledge of every single expression on Edge's face (that semi-grin, the eyes closed, the stern concentration, the open mouth..)and every movement of his body when he works magic on stage.

The first 3 were taken by yours truly

edge_bitelip_nj1.jpg

evansspotsnj2.jpg

I just love the way he closes his eyes and gets entranced in the music
edge_eyesclosed_nj1.jpg

2a64807.jpg

Xg33959.jpg

Those are awesome, you sure were close!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Edge is a cutie, my favourite u2 member after Adam. And here?s my contribution
smile.gif

Edge_Under_A_Blood_Red.jpg

E_Smile_Jamaica_E_152.jpg

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Thanks AM. Hey, can you explain you sig to me? What is the context of that quote?

hey awakening! i don't have any photos of it, but my favorite edge expression is when his eyes flutter in that weird way when he's playing the guitar.... it's so bizarre!
biggrin.gif
anyway, i hope you had a great trip- email or call me when you get a chance.
smile.gif

I totally know what you mean, I have spent long hours staring at that lovely face!
That quiet confidence he has just totally does it or me!!

By the way, great pics!!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
*clunk* Mrs. Edge collapses as her heart explodes with adoration. It's a good thing she works in a hospital.

ROTFL Mrs. Edge

*I need a hospital visit too w/all this Edge hotness*

*blood pressure and heart rate rapidly rising*

Originally posted by awakening:
Thanks AM. Hey, can you explain you sig to me? What is the context of that quote?

sure, that?s what Bono said about Adam during a song in one of the Boston shows. Feel free to interprete IT as you like
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Ally:
hey awakening! i don't have any photos of it, but my favorite edge expression is when his eyes flutter in that weird way when he's playing the guitar.... it's so bizarre!
biggrin.gif
anyway, i hope you had a great trip- email or call me when you get a chance.
smile.gif

ALLY!!!!!!! Back to work, I guess? I'll call you tonight. Sorry I didn't yesterday...long long day.
Yes, the fluttering eyes....mmmm.......Impossible to get a photo of that.

So, here are three taken during band introductions. I just love the "Edgpressions" when Bono introduces him. The first pic is from San Jose 1, when Bono introduced Edge as " the man who derives sexual pleasure from collecting data". Right after this pic was taken, Edge lifted his hand and shook his finger as if to say "now don't you reveal my secrets. The second pic is from New Jersey 2, one of the many amazing photos that Sad Eyed Lady had taken. Here, Bono simply introduced Edge by saying "this is the Edge ...what an extraodinary thing it is, to be the Edge'.

7848761.jpg

2713306.jpg

2E30609.jpg

[This message has been edited by awakening (edited 09-19-2001).]

Holy crap Awakening!!! I gotta go...but you guys best believe I'll be back!!! Yah! We did it! Edge-girls rock!

------------------
Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

great pics! my favorite one is of Awakenings when he has on the #5 shirt and is GOING for it! LOVE that expression!

here's my contribution
smile.gif
becuase me and edgie matched up in the personality quiz.

qv42077.jpg

(stupid cvs and green line..grr..)

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

From the first DC show, it's Edge-in-action!

YEAH!

oe50540.jpg

oh, that look...those beautiful eyes...

X833624.jpg

I'm LOVING this thread!! here are some more...
biggrin.gif

u2_aceves_11.jpg

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Originally posted by mocool12:
Where's Giant Lemon? I gotta apologize for forgetting about her...!

I'm here, mocool12! Don't worry about it- it's hard to keep track of everyone!

Does anyone have a pic of when poor Edgie got mad and smashed his guitar? That would be a scary Edgepression!
eek.gif

Great pics, everyone!

okay here's my contributions:

Awwww...WOOKIT how cute Edgie is!!!
il62273.jpg

Oooh, it's scary, "don't F*** with me" Edge!
iD57666.jpg

This has gotta be one of everybody's favorites!
tH92993.jpg

and who can forget THIS adorable Edgespression??? *just wanna squeeze him!*
PK84551.jpg

Sigh...so many Edge pics, so little time. And WAAAAY too little of Edge himself to go around to all us Edgettes...
frown.gif

Hey ladies, I'm back!! And gah-ahhAHA! These pictures are great!! Sad eyed lady- yours are awesome! Where's Giant Lemon? I gotta apologize for forgetting about her...!
Oh yeah and, EDGEPRESSIONS!! I love it!
Pics!!!!!
edge90006.jpg

One of my faves, is he trying to kill us or something??!! Dang:
edge90027.jpg

edge3.jpg

bv95070.jpg

------------------
Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:

Does anyone have a pic of when poor Edgie got mad and smashed his guitar? That would be a scary Edgepression!
eek.gif

Great pics, everyone!

Here it is!

O757395.jpg

Yes, but usually he tottally focused, at times even entranced in the music.
Like here, during New York (one of my favoritest! live songs...Gawd is Edge AMAZING on that guitar).....

Wow, how could I forget to post one of my favorite Edgepression, a photo that I am particularly proud of!
From the London 3 show, the day Bono's father died. Bono and Edge singing/playing to their kids

London3edgebonotokids.jpg

Back
Top Bottom