Edge-y News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DOwn girls - I had to go to dinner...annd I hadn't read the article yet...it's not quite happy news...
And sadly my scanners not up to par (maybe another PLEBAn is up for the job?)

Anyhoo...on with fhe article
"U2 Star sues paper"
The Edge, the lead guitarist of u2, is fighting an Irish news paper in court over its report of a relative's serious illness that forced the Irish rock band to delay the start of its next world tour.
...blah blah....
The Dublin based tabloid identified the relative and the condition the person was suffering in a front-page story on Jan 8th but withdrew the report from later editions when Edge's lawyers immediately obtained a temp injunction.
This barred the Sunday World from repeating its story and warned other Irish papers not to pick it up .......blah...unwarrented invasion of privacy. Edge wants the injunction streengthended into a permanent injunction against publication.
.....Sunday World unhappy....argue that details of relatives illness are newsworthy b/c they are cited as the reason U2 has delayed the start of tour...blah blah
...blah...some basic bio.
The end.

Ok, that's basically what the article says. Poor Edge! :hug:
Leave him alone!

Sorry I can't scan the pic. *sigh* I was exicited to see U2 in my local news until I read the article....poor edge.

Anyhoo. There ya go.
TTFN :wave:

I wish the press would leave them alone. It's stressful enough to have a child with that condition, even though there's a pretty good rate of remission with this particular illness, I think we all know what it is. In the words of someone else on one of my lists, my prayers are with them, this makes the tour nonsense unimportant, and let's respect their privacy. Fair enough. It's downright cruel to circle overhead like vultures with this sort of thing going on. The treatment for this illness is not fun, a seven year old isn't going to understand the whole thing, why she's having to get this infernal treatment, just like I didn't understand why I had to have huge shots of penicillin when I had pneumococcal pneumonia when I was six. Otherwise I would have died. Please..............

~BrightestStar~ said:
DOwn girls - I had to go to dinner...annd I hadn't read the article yet...it's not quite happy news...
And sadly my scanners not up to par (maybe another PLEBAn is up for the job?)

Anyhoo...on with fhe article
"U2 Star sues paper"
The Edge, the lead guitarist of u2, is fighting an Irish news paper in court over its report of a relative's serious illness that forced the Irish rock band to delay the start of its next world tour.
...blah blah....
The Dublin based tabloid identified the relative and the condition the person was suffering in a front-page story on Jan 8th but withdrew the report from later editions when Edge's lawyers immediately obtained a temp injunction.
This barred the Sunday World from repeating its story and warned other Irish papers not to pick it up .......blah...unwarrented invasion of privacy. Edge wants the injunction streengthended into a permanent injunction against publication.
.....Sunday World unhappy....argue that details of relatives illness are newsworthy b/c they are cited as the reason U2 has delayed the start of tour...blah blah
...blah...some basic bio.
The end.

Ok, that's basically what the article says. Poor Edge! :hug:
Leave him alone!

Sorry I can't scan the pic. *sigh* I was exicited to see U2 in my local news until I read the article....poor edge.

Anyhoo. There ya go.
TTFN :wave:

This makes me so angry! What if it was one of their children? Would they want it plastered all over the damn papers? I really hope the judge goes Edge's way. Sunday World disgusts me. :mad: :madspit:

Here's a big :hug: :hug: :hug: to Edge from me!

Here's hoping all goes well for him, Morleigh&family&screw the damn gutterpress..... :madspit: :mad: :madspit:

here's the story copied from the website of a local radio station ( heard about it on the radio today and was going to post it but then i saw this thread so i'll just add it):

The Edge, the lead guitarist of U2, is fighting an Irish newspaper in court over its report into a relative's serious illness that forced the Irish rock band to delay the start of its next world tour.

A high court judge in Dublin agreed Monday to a two-week delay to the hearing of rival lawsuits between The Edge and the Sunday World newspaper. The Dublin-based tabloid identified the relative and condition the person was suffering in a front-page story Jan. 8, but withdrew the report from later editions when The Edge's lawyers immediately obtained a temporary injunction.

This barred the Sunday World from repeating its story and warned other Irish newspapers not to pick it up, claiming it amounted to an unwarranted invasion of privacy. The Edge wants the injunction to be strengthened into a permanent injunction against publication.

The Sunday World wants the injunction overturned. Its lawyers are arguing that the details of the relative's illness are newsworthy because they are cited as the reason why U2 has delayed the U.S. start of its new Vertigo 2005 tour. Originally slated for March 1 in Miami, Florida, it now is supposed to start March 28 in San Diego, California.

The Edge, whose birth name is David Evans, married Aislinn O'Sullivan in 1983 and had three daughters with her. They broke up seven years later and divorced in 1996.

The Edge, 43, has two children with Morleigh Steinberg, a belly dancer and choreographer from the band's Zoo TV tour. They married in 2002.

The Sunday World is saying they had every right to publish it since it's newsworthy and that's why the tour was delayed. What a crock! I really would like to start a petition against these jerks to make them leave Edge and his family alone but I don't think that will help. :sad: :(

Edge's girl - I wish I had known it was about...then I wouldn't have had to type it...:madspit:

Really though, it *really* pisses me off....leave the poor guy and his family alone. Same with all this anger about the tix, I think it's fair to say that the guys have their minds on far more important things. We should all just give them a break and show our support.

*realizes she's just had quite a rant...steps off soapbox...*
:reject:

:hug: <-- to Edge

PS..I really dislike tabloids...:mad:

michigan (usa) I cant send you my address in an email. Is Edge hott in the pic though? Would you say its a good one? Is it in color? lol.
Um... hmm i was gonna type somethin but then i forgot :ohmy:

OH I REMEMBER! I''l give youmy address as long as you promise not to stalk me :uhoh: (just kidding, i htink i can trust you, i havent ahd a pleban do anything to me yet:wink: )

TheWho4Life said:

OH I REMEMBER! I''l give youmy address as long as you promise not to stalk me :uhoh: (just kidding, i htink i can trust you, i havent ahd a pleban do anything to me yet:wink: )

:lmao:
I was kinda thinking the same thing....But I think we PLEBAns are crazed but safe...aren't we? :eyebrow:

Ok...as for the pic...
*ahem*
It *is* in colour. It is exactly a page tall, and about half a page wide, however, the top lil less than 1/2 contains the story, the bottom half is a full body pic of Edge, playin the Geetar....I can even describe his clothes if you like...
As for the hotness factor ...hmm..it's a pretty nice pic...I guess kinda artistic? I'm more a Bono person, some me judgeing how drool worthy edge is, isn't my specialty...I'd say he looks pretty drarn fine tho....
*looks at pic some more*
It's a nice pic...the black bkgd and stuff gives it a good look...
Alrighty, shutting up now, cause I'm rambling...

(I sound like a used car salesman!)

BrighestStar, does your newspaper have a website? They might have the article and picture posted online.

lmao! Oh I want it! It sounds perfect! I'll give you my address :D
Thanx :hug:

AndI'm pretty sure we're all safe here... I'd hope, it be sad to have a fellow pleban taht was bad like that :(

Full body pic huh?? Sounds very yummy:drool:

Oh by the way Brightest is known for stalking so be careful TheWho4Life :wink:

Miss Becky - Thx for the suggestion, I tried nosing around, sadly, You can't access anything without a subscription (which I don't have)

Who4life - I'm pretty sure we can trust eachother around here....
Anyhoo...what would postage cost from Canada to the US...70 cents?
LOL...glad I described it well enough...I swear they caught him mid stomp...or he could just be standing that way :shrug:

Mucca- :lmao:
Thx for that! :wink:
Don't tell me yoou want a copy too....

I saw it in my newspaper as well. (Grrrrr)
I'm sorry but if I was a celebrity and this leaked out I would be furious. Hard enough to go through such an ordeal but having it all over the newspaper without your consent is just absolutely irresponsible of the journalists and irrelevant to todays "news". Not to mention a terrible moment to create such an invasion of privacy. Cmon Edge, pull a Catherine Zeta Jones and sue the asses off those silly little sneaky privacy invading assholes.
*And as a prior hospital administrator, there are laws to protect the privacy of health records and anything to do with one person's health. I'm not sure these laws are in effect in Ireland but it should.

Take em to court, lock em up, and fine em!

Pardon my PMS.

xtal said:
I saw it in my newspaper as well. (Grrrrr)
I'm sorry but if I was a celebrity and this leaked out I would be furious. Hard enough to go through such an ordeal but having it all over the newspaper without your consent is just absolutely irresponsible of the journalists and irrelevant to todays "news". Not to mention a terrible moment to create such an invasion of privacy. Cmon Edge, pull a Catherine Zeta Jones and sue the asses off those silly little sneaky privacy invading assholes.
*And as a prior hospital administrator, there are laws to protect the privacy of health records and anything to do with one person's health. I'm not sure these laws are in effect in Ireland but it should.

Take em to court, lock em up, and fine em!

Pardon my PMS.

HERE HERE!
:applaud:

Pardon my PMS. :lmao:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Alrighty then!
Sweet (or naughty) dreams!

It's only postage..how much could it possibly be????

:hug: :wave:
hhmm well give me your email and ill give you my address :) I'll just pay you double what you piad to send it.

Back
Top Bottom