Edge wedding PICS + Article in SUNDAY MIRROR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GypsyHeartgirl said:

As I posted on the other thread here, Bono is a grown man and can pick out his own clothes. He is a multi-millionaire with access to all the fashion in the world. If that's what he picks out, don't you know that's what he WANTS? It's not my favorite outfit on him, but that's because I prefer tight black leather LOL! I guess I'm touchy about this comment because I am U2's age and people, especially old people, tell me I need to start 'dressing like a grownup.' Well what does that mean? Drab, dull, boring, and OLD. Screw that! I don't like that kind of stuff. I'll be old soon enough and dead one day too. Don't put me out to pasture yet! Bono and Edge are rich too. They don't have to impress anyone to get money, so they don't have to 'dress for success.'- they have more success now than any well suited, corporate ladder climbing yuppie will ever see.

I think what surprises me is that it used to be the OLD people with attitudes like that and now online I have discovered the old fashioned fashion mentality about clothes and hair that should have been buried when the Beatles conquered the world creeping back in, only this time among the YOUNG? :confused: Sorrry I'm too cool for that!

I agree. Damn, I'd hate it if he wore business suits! The guy's a star, not a CEO. I think he looks great. :drool: :drool:

I'm having a major case of the absolute fuzzies...
This is just such great news...:edge:
Congrats to the happy couple!!!!
Thanks for the stunning pics!
oxoxo
Autumn

Congratulations! :heart:

Thanks so much for these pics! Irish Thunder it was so kind of you to borrow you Dad's paper and give us these goodies! I know what you mean about wanting to see something and not being able to, so you did us a big favor! :)

I love all the pics and I think they look great! What a happy day!

verte76 said:

I agree. Damn, I'd hate it if he wore business suits! The guy's a star, not a CEO. I think he looks great. :drool: :drool:

Exactly right! He's a rock star not a businessman, he's tied to no one's rules, so don't hold him down- he is FREE! He's also
BEAUTIFUL! :love: :drool:

GypsyHeartgirl said:

I'm touchy about this comment because I am U2's age and people, especially old people, tell me I need to start 'dressing like a grownup.' Well what does that mean?

Yikes...relax honey, no offense intended - it was a JOKE poking fun at his tendancy to wear unflattering suits recently. Generally his fashion sense is pretty cool but these days when it comes to wearing suits (ergo, grownup clothes) he looks like a fashion accident. Which is, btw, just my opnion and I'm certainly no fashion expert lol.

AliEnvy said:

Yikes...relax honey, no offense intended - it was a JOKE poking fun at his tendancy to wear unflattering suits recently. Generally his fashion sense is pretty cool but these days when it comes to wearing suits (ergo, grownup clothes) he looks like a fashion accident. Which is, btw, just my opnion and I'm certainly no fashion expert lol.

I actually wasn't really crazy about the color scheme of the Paris outfit but this one is nice, pale grey and pale blue, plus that gorgeous rose! Not so "proper", but huh, Bono "proper"? Horrors! Not a rock star! These pictures, uh, knock me out......:drool: :drool: :drool:

The last family wedding I went to, all the guys paid 200 bucks to rent tuxes, but they ditched them all as soon as they got to the reception. They said they felt like cardboard penguins. I never even got their pics with them on! The bridal party ditched evening gowns for jeans too. No one but the bride wore the fancy stuff after the ceremony. Maybe it's best to dress less stifly to begin with.

Bono really doesn't care about fashion or what's proper and that makes him cool. Look at this pic of Guggi and Gavin, his best buddies. I seriously doubt Bono or any member of U2 has any hang-ups about what the fashion police think, or what men their age are expected to look like. Remember they are artists and rock stars, they don't work in offices.

Guggi and Gavin LOL @ the concept of power suits!

Attachments

• 02guggigavin.jpg
    02guggigavin.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
just a bit of random observation about all this....ONE, this has got to be THE BEST quote about the entire event, and what makes my heart sing loudest:

The Edge .... is said to be "hopelessly" in love with his new bride.

If that isn't the most precious thing ever, I don't know what is. And even after 10 years, 2 kids and *thousands* of women screaming for him nightly (including this one). WOW. I have a brand new respect for Edgie. :) :heart:

Diane, LOVE your sig line!

Scary, yet interesting...the 40+ and Fabulous PLEBA Woman!

and Gypsy, LMAO - I agree!!! (she says--being Bono's age and looking down at her wild, flower print flared capri pants and chunky sandals!) Yeah, what the *bleep* does that mean anyway?? LOL.... :laugh:

I'm touchy about this comment because I am U2's age and people, especially old people, tell me I need to start 'dressing like a grownup.' Well what does that mean?

:heart: to the bride and groom
:larry: :adam: :bono: their friends
:angel: to their families

a wish for eternal love and happiness from cass:)

thank you Irish Thunder
...a cacti collection AND a castle? something else I'd like to see.

The thing about Edge being "hopelessly" in love is indeed the most important part of the whole thing. Much happiness to this wonderful couple!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Here is another pic of them taken from Aftonbladet, a swedish newspaper. :heart:

NOJE-24s27-edge-10.jpg

And here's one from the other eveningpaper in Sweden, Expressen. (this might have been posted before, the pics didn't wanna open today) A comment, I LOVE her necklace!! It's so simple but yet so beautiful. Perfect! :)

picture.asp

Last edited:
Ohhh those pics are great Miss Zooropa!!! Thanks!
Her dress is gorgeous!! Geez they're adorable. :love::heart: :love: :heart: :)

Morning!
Glad you all enjoyed the pictures, thanks to everyone else who posted some.

Good job I got them scanned when I did, my mad dog proceeded to rip the paper to shreds last night during one of her temper tantrums!

Thanks so much for those GORGEOUS pics Miss Zooropa-that second one, WOW!! The look on Edge's face, and hers :heart: :heart: :heart: I am melting..:D

She made such a stunning bride, and I agree, the necklace is perfect. And the dress is exquisite-I wonder who designed it.

:heart: Cheers and all the best to the beautiful couple!

IrishThunder said:
Morning!
Glad you all enjoyed the pictures, thanks to everyone else who posted some.

Good job I got them scanned when I did, my mad dog proceeded to rip the paper to shreds last night during one of her temper tantrums!

Oh no Irish Thunder, I hope you got another copy to save! Bad dog! Thanks for scanning!

Thanks for these pics Miss Zooropa, I know if there were any of Bono you'd show us! If any more show up keep us posted- everybody!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Ok. These pics may in fact be the sweetest, most beautiful things I've ever seen. Well, maybe not EVER...but still, REALLY sweet and beautiful. Thanks to all who scanned and posted them.
And of course, congrats to the lovely bride and groom. :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
Ok I just want to chime in on the wedding pics...

FIRST OF ALL...THESE ARE THE ABSOLUTE CUTEST TIHNGS I HAVE EVER SEEN! They look sooooooooo happy! I wish them the best!

Second of all...I think everyones outfits are beautiful, and more than appropriate. I mean it is Edge's second wedding, and Morleigh and Edge already have two children together, so I think the casual dress of the wedding was perfect. Especially for the garden atmosphere. I think Bono and Ali looked beautiful as well.

Thirdly...the one article made me laugh when it was talking about the wedding party being joined by "Many kids" LMAO...ok...how many kids do the U2 boys have total? Bono and Ali have 4...Edge and Morleigh have 2...How many did Edge have with Aislinn? And Larry and Ann have 2...GOOD LORD! THEM'S A LOT OF CHILLIN!

I wish the happy couple much luck in the future!

The Feesh

accdg to this article, Bono wasn't the best man

http://www.irelandonsunday.com

June 24, 2002
From Ireland on Sunday:

Edge wedding is a French connection

HE MIGHT be one of the biggest rock stars in the world but the Edge's wedding in the South
of France yesterday was more reminiscent of the glory days of 1960s flower power than of
more recent celebrity-studded pop weddings.

There was no deal with Hello! magazine, no castle sealed off to the outside world, no giant
marquee and the security, although strict, was subtle. The 40-year-old U2 guitarist and his
American-born girlfriend of nine years, Morleigh Steinberg, eschewed a traditional wedding
and instead, in a colourful ritual, tied the knot in an exotic garden on the top of a cliff
overlooking the Mediterranean. They had already been through a civil ceremony in a registry
office in Ireland last week but invited close friends and family to witness their blessing in a
spiritual ceremony that took place at 5.30 yesterday evening in the tiny French Riviera village
of Eze-sur-Mer.

Invited guests included Bob Geldof, Mick Jagger, movie director Neil Jordan and the Gallagher
brothers. But many of the famous invitees were unable to attend and the wedding was
principally a family affair with band members, their families and close friends such as supermodel
Christy Turlington looking on. Befitting the ceremony's unique theme, the Edge chose a woman
to be his best man. His close friend, Chantal O'Sullivan, a successful art dealer, had the honour
of holding the rings while the couple exchanged vows.

The fragrant gardens which were the setting for the ceremony boast 400 different species of
flowers, including the largest collection of South American cacti in Europe - appropriately phallic
symbols for such a romantic event. The gardens are a major tourist attraction, normally receiving
1,000 visitors a day, but were closed to the public at 12 noon yesterday. Some tourists became
irate at the closure but the U2 boys seem to have won the friendship and loyalty of the 400-strong
population of Eze-sur-Mer.

'Many people come to this village. It is good to have U2 here. I hope they give the villagers a
glass of champagne,' a local told Ireland on Sunday. When the ceremony ended, the guests
desended a series of stone steps towards 'La Chevre D'Or' (The Golden Goat) restaurant where
a champagne reception awaited them. But the peaceful atmosphere was broken by village
shopkeeper Corinne Villina, an obsessed U2 fan who decided to play a selection of the band's
greatest hits from the loudspeakers outside her shop as the wedding party passed by.

'I went to see U2 when they last played in Marseille. I love the whole group,' an enthusiastic
Corinne said. After the champagne reception, the guests gathered in the nearby holiday home
which the Edge and Bono jointly own. The 30-roomed mansion is called Villa Eze Les Roses
and is situated on one of the narrow hill-clinging roads that wind down to the sea. The two
originally acquired the six-bedroomed villa three years ago and recently bought the house next
door to accomodate their growing families. There are three smaller houses on the grounds and
a swimming pool in the garden.

Many of the wedding revellers have holiday homes of their own nearby. Movie director Jim
Sheridan and Point Depot owner Harry Crosbie both own villas within a few miles, while U2
manager Paul McGuinness has rented a house in the area for six weeks. The exotic theme for
the ceremony was fitting. American Morleigh first met the Edge when she worked as a belly
dancer in their video, She Moves in Mysterious Ways. She then toured with the band as a dancer
on their Zooropa tour, where their relationship deepened. They now have two children, aged four
and one. But while the Edge was fortunate to find love a second time around, his first wife, Aislinn
Evans, is currently coping with the traumatic break-up of her second relationship.

The star, whose real name is David Evans, married childhood sweetheart Aislinn in 1980. Their
10-year marriage ended in tears in 1990, after the Edge admitted the pressure of touring with U2
turned him into a 'monster'. They have three children , Holly, 18, Aaron, 16 and Blue, 14. They
split in 1990 and officially divorced two years later. Aislinn then found love again with John Hegarty,
who works in the fashion business.

She and Hegarty lived in her former married home in Monkstown, Dublin. They had a baby boy in
2000, the same year Morleigh gave birth to her and the Edge's second baby. But Aislinn's
relationship began to founder in recent months and she has now split up with John Hegarty.
Aislinn is currently single and John Hegarty is dating separated mother-of- two, Cha Cha Assaf.

and a pic-don't know when it was taken, but it's lovely

edge_morleigh.jpg

Okay I decided I am in Love with Morleigh's hair!!!!!

Ya think anyone would notice if I cut it off and made a wig for myself????

;)

I wish I could have hair like that *sigh* My hair is so fine and thin that anything longer than shoulder length looks stringy and gross :mad:

[/rant]

Is it possible to overdose on fuzzies? Though I am a total Edge girl, I am beside myself with happiness fpor Edge and Morleigh. They both looked so great -- happy and beautiful -- and their wedding sounds like the dream wedding of all times. I now feel this overwhelming need to re-read all the sections about their meeting and hooking up in "U2 At the End of the World." Edge and Morleigh have one of the best stories ever. (Will now cease the wide-eyed romantic thing before I crash from sugar high.)

I do have a question, though, exactly how many people were at this wedding? It seems like each story had a different number.

dsmith2904 said:
Is it possible to overdose on fuzzies?

I think I have had a major fuzzies overdose looking at this thread again. Miss Z those pictures are THE cutest.
I love that pic of Ginas too. Looking at how they are dressed do you think it's outside the registry office or something. Just wondering.

There are an even dozen U2 offspring- 5 total for Edge, 4 for Bono, 3 for Larry, none for Adam.

Gina Marie said:
The 30-roomed mansion is called Villa Eze Les Roses
and is situated on one of the narrow hill-clinging roads that wind down to the sea. The two
originally acquired the six-bedroomed villa three years ago and recently bought the house next
door to accomodate their growing families.

*throws head back in laughter*

oh man, if only they could see us Van't Hofs play see-how-many-VantHofs-we-can-illegally-pack-into-the-one-bathroom-cottage.

Gawd, if we had 30 rooms, we wouldn't even know what to do, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom