Edge to marry this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
Hi,
I was reading in the "Sunday World" yesterday that Morleigh and The Edge are to marry as thought in France this coming weekend. This Irish paper is usually spot on, but I guess we will have to wait to find out for sure.

Do you think they would be photos or will it be hush hush?

Bye

Whenever the wedding is...I think they deserve privacy, I mean it is their wedding day, but then you have to think about the fact that the paparazzi even attended Bono's father's funeral, so obviously they have no respect for private events.

I just hope it is a lovely day for the couple.

*cheers*
Fishy <><

I know where you are coming from, nobody deserves to have a camera stuck in their face during a funeral but from what I gather the press kept a good distance from them.

Private weddings can be achieved, look at Madonna and Guy, not one picture or piece of information has come out about theirs.

The paps are only doing their job at the end of the day, I know if pictures did appear of The Edges wedding , even though I am not a huge fan, I would look at them.

Thats the thing with fame, you cant have it all your own way. Crave the press when promoting an album or drawing attention to a charity then moan when private affairs are in the paper.

Some celebrities enjoy having their weddings on display. One of the wedding magazines I bought featured celebrity weddings...there were pictures and interviews and stuff. It was cool to see!

If Edge and Morleigh wish for privacy though, I hope they can get it.

Hopefully the paparazzi won't be taking over Edge's wedding, but it's probably inevitable. I think Paul & Heather had a good idea- they didn't let any press in and then released one photo so everyone's curiousity could be satiated.

l don't want his privacy invaded either, so I don't need to see pics. But if they choose to release one, that would be nice.

From Show Biz Ireland

18-06-02 news
U2 and The Corrs to Wed...

This week two of Ireland's music icons are expected to tie the knot on foreign shores away from the prying eyes of the press.

Caroline Corr, drummer with the Irish band The Corrs is rumoured to be getting married in a secret wedding in Spain this week away from the prying eyes of the press.

Caroline is expected to marry her long term boyfriend Frank Woods who she has been with for five years.

The word in Dublin is that Caroline will marry Frank in a small village on the Spanish mainland within the next seven days. Those expected to attend the wedding include Bono and his wife Ali.

Only a small group of the couples friends will know about the wedding as everything is top secret.

Bono is having a very busy week as he is also expected to attend the wedding of U2's guitarist The Edge this week when he marries his girlfriend of seven years Morleigh in the South of France.

They couple are expected to wed over the next seven days in the home Bono and The Edge both own on the French coast.

Awesome news, thanks Gina!

Yes, I want them to have their privacy, but....I REALLY WANT TO SEE PICTURES!! :( :) such a conundrum. As a dedicated follower of fashion, I just want to see everybody all spiffed up...see what Morleigh's dress looks like and maybe see Edge in a tux??? But the big question will be: will Edge go beanie-less??? :eek:

Gina Marie said:
Bono is having a very busy week as he is also expected to attend the wedding of U2's guitarist The Edge this week when he marries his girlfriend of seven years Morleigh in the South of France.

They couple are expected to wed over the next seven days in the home Bono and The Edge both own on the French coast.

geez...they bought a house together, wow....timeshare, anyone? Wonder if they rent it out... :sexywink:

I agree with Disco. I don't want Edge, Morleigh and their guests to have to fight through a crowd of photographers on their big day. But I do hope they will release a picture of the newlyweds and the other guys in U2 together. I want to see how handsome Edgie, Bono, Adam and Larry look in their formal wear!

Paul and Heather McCartney did it right?they released the one photo, and we all got to see Heather's GORGEOUS dress!
That's a nice compromise?the couple had their privacy, and the fans got to see that one picture. Speaking selfishly, I know seeing a photo of Edge & Morleigh all happy on their wedding day would make me smile, like the picture of Paul and Heather did. :edge: :)

Back
Top Bottom