Edge Stomps, Adam Bounces, Larry????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
Okay, to put it lightly, I've got a bit of the blues today (for obvious reasons) and to cure this, I thought I should make a completely stupid, pointless thread that has nothing to do with anything except U2. No terrorists, no bombings, no death, no sadness, just plain ol' reliable U2.

On to the actual thread!

We all know about The Edge's stomp action while he plays guitar, and a little while ago there was a thread about Adam's little bounces while he plays bass.
So my question is, What Does Larry Do When He Plays Drums?

I've put some thought into this, and I figured it can't be anything he does with his arms or legs, (Cause they're all already busy enough drumming) so, keeping my mind out of the gutter, I realised Larry sings the drums sometimes.
The most obvious time he does it is on the Rattle & Hum movie at the end of "When Love Comes to Town," Larry can clearly be seen mouthing something like "FA! DA! DA! DA! DADADADADADA!!!!"
I've seen him doing this on various other occasions, so my answer to the question is:
While The Edge is Stomping, and Adam is Bouncing: Larry is Singing the Drums. (And Bono is running around the stage.)

There you go. Any thoughts on the matter anybody? Or any coping mechanisms you'd like to shove in with mine? Pictures, Funny Stories, whatever. Anything fun.
If not, sit back, relax, and join me in watching this thread slide swiftly to the forgotten depths of PLEBA.

:dancing:

^
talk about multitasking... :p

OP: yeah, he does sing the drums. I wonder what it would sound like if they put a microphone on him unawares. hee.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Larry....ummmm, er, uh....

Idunno. Larry smokes is all I can come up with. As in, he's smokin' hot.

Or maybe Larry congas. Larry bangs his drooms with hisstick. :wink:

Oooh yeah :yes: he bangs his drooms HARD

:wink:

No, no, no! In earlier videos, Larry makes these wonderful emotional faces when he played. He doesn't seem to make them as much now, but watch Rattle and Hum, and ZooTv concerts. :drool:

irishdove said:
No, no, no! In earlier videos, Larry makes these wonderful emotional faces when he played. He doesn't seem to make them as much now, but watch Rattle and Hum, and ZooTv concerts. :drool:
:drool:

Are we in PLEBA or what??? :wink:

f826b2be.jpg

I think that's the part when he sings "follow"... and yeah, he's got the face on :lol: :You should pay attentiona nd you'll see that he sings "measure" at the end of the Slane DVD :drool: :)

Meghan said:
Okay, to put it lightly, I've got a bit of the blues today (for obvious reasons) and to cure this, I thought I should make a completely stupid, pointless thread that has nothing to do with anything except U2. No terrorists, no bombings, no death, no sadness, just plain ol' reliable U2.

Meghan, we're all thinking of you and yours, believe me! "We're one, but we're not the same; we've got to carry each other, carry each other..."
:hug:

:hug: Thanks :D

angel_28 said:
Larry Hits....:lol:....and yeah Larry really looks in pain sometimes when hes playing. :)
I know! The first time I saw Slane I thought he was crying during Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom