Edge on dancing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
i just want to imagine this scene:

"My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park. Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping, applauding my dancing. That was funny."

http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?from=rss_Tonight&fArticleId=3970842

The Edge is proud of his penis

Bono and The Edge Photo: AP

August 6, 2007

U2 guitarist The Edge is proud of his penis.

The rocker - real name David Howell Evans - wasn't jealous when his bandmate Adam Clayton was chosen to show his member for the cover of Achtung Baby, because he is confident of his own appendage.

When asked is there was any penis envy within the group, The Edge replied: "No, I think we're all pretty confident in that department. I'm happy, yes."

The 46-year-old musician revealed he owns a staggering 365 hats.

He said: "I have 365 hats at the last count, with 14 to 15 bandanas. My favourite one is a moleskin top hat that I wear on state occasions and when I'm driving my hearse. I keep them all
in the hat wing of the house."
The Edge, who is married to dancer-and-choreographer Morleigh Steinberg, also claims he is a keen belly dancer.

He said: "She's shown me a few cool moves alright. But not in the belly-dancing department!

"There's some Japanese form, Butoh, that she studied which is interesting. I've gone to a few classes in Los Angeles.

"I'm obviously not very good. But it's pretty cool."

The couple - who married in 2002 - have two children together, a nine-year-old daughter, Sian Beatrice Echo, and a seven-year-old son, Levi.

The Edge also has three daughters with his first wife Aislinn O'Sullivan.

edgeq6.jpg

europop2005 said:

"My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park. Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping, applauding my dancing. That was funny."

:lmao:

yeah I would also really like to see that!! He could maybe bellydance some onstage on the next tour.

btw on the pic above I think he's leaning on my message on the wall! I can't see the message though hehe but it felt kinda good to see were he was standing anywayX)

Oh I don't really remember hahah it was a year ago I was there but it was something about that I was on a place called Vertigo and something more.. :p maybe some of the colour from my pen now is stuck on his jacket! :ohmy: nah I wouldn't think soXD

:)

europop2005 said:

What was this from?

Dana

Any other good anecdotes from the book? I'm sure there are plenty, I've been meaning to pick it up, but I've only ever seen a single copy in stores.:(

The Sad Punk said:
Any other good anecdotes from the book? I'm sure there are plenty, I've been meaning to pick it up, but I've only ever seen a single copy in stores.:(

It is good but from what I remember it jumps around. In other words it is not in chronological order so it is sometimes hard to figure out what's what. I have the book, but didn't remember that quote.

Dana

The Sad Punk said:
I heard that, and I also heard it it reads as if Fallon was baked the whole time he was writing it.

it's still an enjoyable book. Lots of good pics. Without knowing what either were about other than U2, I happened to check out both the Fallon book and the Flanagan book at the library to see if they were things I'd want to buy. It was actually really cool to have the pics from the Fallon book while reading the other book. It was a nice added visual. This was before I knew there were U2 sites online (probably in 2000-2001) so I didn't have any way of really knowing what they looked like back then outside of a few pics in magazines and the ZOO TV concert.

Back
Top Bottom