Edge Is Getting Married In France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
U2's guitarist The Edge is to marry in two weeks in a secret ceremony in the South of France.

Reports in the UK press say that The Edge, real name Dave Evans, will marry his girlfriend of the past five years Morleigh.

The pair met on the set of the U2 video Mysterious Ways and currently live between the couple's homes in the US, where she is from, and Dublin.

Apparently the wedding will be a small ceremony in the South of France, where both The Edge and Bono have a house.

Guests will include all of U2, REM and number of the couple's celebrity friends such as Christy Turlington.

Bono is due back from his charity work in Africa and will be able to make the wedding.

-------------------

So there won't be any pics-but it's much more important that he can have a quiet, private wedding.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-19-2002).]

Aww come on people!

Congrats Edge!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Congrats! of course, I just meant some of the Edge girls will be disappointed

I'm kind of surprised they are getting married, but I guess not SO surprised. I thought they would just live together like Larry and Ann. He already had one failed marriage, I'd hate to see him go through all that again

Congrats Edgy!

------------------
audrey elmaleh

best of luck to the the evans clan!

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Parlez vou Francis?

Is that even spelled right? I don't speak French.
frown.gif
I wish I wasn't such an igorant American.

Anyway, congratulations Edgie and Morleigh! You were destined to be together!

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

The Edge + Morleigh = The Edgleigh
Morleigh + Edge=
Moredge *pronounced MORE EDGE*

TEHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

'Bout time...with two kids hanging around the house....
biggrin.gif

I'm just kidding! Lighten up! I'm very happy for them..

I do wonder what took them so long though...did he have problems with his divorce or something? I seem to faintly remember reading about that somewhere...ahh...it was probably just tabloid gossip.

I know Peter Buck of R.E.M. was living with the woman who is now his second wife...had twin girls with her and they were simply waiting around for his first wife to sign the divorce papers which she kept refusing to do...and she finally did when R.E.M was on tour in Australia and he and Stephanie had a hurried but rather nice wedding there....

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 05-20-2002).]

Ok...after getting over my initial shock of the news...why was I shocked? Who knows...I think I was shocked because I already thought they WERE married...LOL! But anyway...HOW cute is this pic...

daughter.jpg

Fuzzyfied Fishy <><

------------------
Mac-SHIBBY

The Macphisto Society
Join us for a Martini won't you?

How is this sad? I think it's GREAT news! Edge and his honey committing their lives to each other. I'm never gonna have the man (as much as I may wish otherwise) so the least I can do is wish him a wonderful person to love and care for him.
smile.gif

My only regret is that I didn't get invited to the wedding.
biggrin.gif
I would love to get back to France.

Times Online: The Edge getting married on Riviera in June
http://www.timesonline.co.uk
May 20, 2002
Condensed from The Times Online:

Elsewhere on the Riviera, the Hotel Royal Riviera, at St Jean Cap Ferrat, is emerging as
a top celebrity hangout. Michael Kors, designer at the
French couture house Celine, will be a guest in the
summer and U2's guitarist, The Edge, who is getting
married next month on the Riviera, is to hold a wedding
party at the hotel.

This is the hotel-VERY NICE!! I'm so happy for Edge
smile.gif

hotel_42_a_l.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-20-2002).]

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

Will he wear a jewel encrusted beanie?
wink.gif

LMAO ... Maybe the goomsmen will be forced to wear them too.

Congrats to Edge and Morleigh and all of the kiddies. The kids have got to be excited about this.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

South of France??? Whoa. Hey Edgie.... mind telling us what it's like that time of year when you and your girl finally tie the knot??? Please. I saw this one tv program showing off the south of france and i thought it was just beyond beautiful. i was actually thinking of getting married there myself ! No Joke! and this was like over a month ago when i saw it. oh by the way....
CONGRATULATIONS THERE EDGE MY LAD!! May you and Morleigh lead a wonderul life together with YEARS of bliss and joy. We all love you and wish nothing but the very best for you.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

As a member of the Orgasmatron Club, I express nothing but great joy and warm wishes to the coolest, sexiest guitarist alive and the lovely Morleigh. I hope they have many beautiful years together. Congratulations, Edge, Morleigh, and family!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Back
Top Bottom