Edge interview - Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got this magazine today.
Great article with Edge. Has a few pics of Bono from the last Q Awards

There is also an article on a U2 tribute band. Thier pic made me look twice, until I noticed their Adam had a bald head :lol:

waynetravis said:

There is also an article on a U2 tribute band. Thier pic made me look twice, until I noticed their Adam had a bald head :lol:

Haha, Those are the guys I went to see July 13th, I was suprised to see them featured too. If you get the chance, check them out if they're ever near you cos it was an awesome night, they're really good :)

If anyone who's unable to get this wants the other parts scanned of any other guitarist I can scan and email those... :)

Mephy said:

Haha, Those are the guys I went to see July 13th, I was suprised to see them featured too. If you get the chance, check them out if they're ever near you cos it was an awesome night, they're really good :)

Really :hmm:
I usually see Us4//U2 from Leeds when they play in Hull. Saw them a few weeks ago

Where in Yorkshire you? If you dont mind my asking. :)

waynetravis said:

I usually see Us4//U2 from Leeds when they play in Hull. Saw them a few weeks ago

I'm from Wakefield. How about you? or do you mean you're from Hull? lol.
I've never heard of those guys, I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I saw U2UK in Ossett and they're gonna be at Cleckheaton on November 2nd so I'm seeing them again cos that's the week of mine and my sisters birthday :happy: I can scan and send you the 'tour' list if you'd like, I'm not premium so if you want it then leave me your email :)

Last edited:
waynetravis said:

Which Hull are you talking about?

Edge *AND* Matt Bellamy?! It's like all my birthdays have come at once!! Must buy now!!!! :combust:

hehe, he's so cute. And such an awesome sense of humour, lol. Love him!! :D

Mephy said:

Well it's the September issue, but it's the one that came out for August yeah. It's new out this week :)

Thanks for the info! This means that I may be still be able to find a copy of the magazine at the newsagents the week after next when I go to college. :hmm:

Not necessarily, the whole "month after next" deal has long been a thing with monthly magazines, and in some cases, they do indeed sell out quickly in certain areas before that month comes up. :(

I have no idea how popular Q is in your area though, over here it only happens if, say, Springsteen is on the cover of Uncut.

Just a warning. :)

The Sad Punk said:
Not necessarily, the whole "month after next" deal has long been a thing with monthly magazines, and in some cases, they do indeed sell out quickly in certain areas before that month comes up. :(

I have no idea how popular Q is in your area though, over here it only happens if, say, Springsteen is on the cover of Uncut.

Just a warning. :)

Thanks for the warning but here in Finland international magazines usually become available a couple of weeks after they've appeared on the stands in Britain/USA. Sometimes a whole month afterwards i.e the September magazine is actually available in September!! :wink: But I have been thinking that I should maybe phone my usual newsagents on Monday and reserve a copy to make sure. :hmm:

Ah, I understand exactly... usually it's the same thing here unless for express imports (which are usually a couple bucks extra). In which case you hopefully shouldn't have a problem! :)

Larry + Blonde Slut = :lmao:

He /did/ look rather slutty. And rather sulky. I would never tell him that to his face, though. He might hurt me. Must remember I'm short.

I wouldn't get Mr. Mullen mad. Actually I wouldn't get him or Edge mad. They both look like they could beat the crap out of people. Bono not so much, and Adam wouldn't bother.

How can I get these scans to a read-able size ? They look tiny when I click on the link...

I tried that, last unicorn, but it didn't work. Thanks Mephy, that's much better.

:hmm: All those guys are guitar heroes, next to Jimmy Page ?

silvrlvr said:
I wouldn't get Mr. Mullen mad. Actually I wouldn't get him or Edge mad. They both look like they could beat the crap out of people. Bono not so much, and Adam wouldn't bother.

Adam's too posh to fight. He'd just make security do it for him. Bono - well, he's a pit bull. Get him mad enough, and I pity the fool he gets turned loose on.:p

Did u know this? I think this is the right place to post it!

National Wax Museum (in Ireland)
At least 50 figures were stolen or wrecked several weeks ago, the museum reported Monday. The wax museum, closed since 2005, has been storing its 400 figures in a warehouse while it works to reopen this fall.

Police say they suspect a door was left unlocked and the warehouse was used for an all-night rave party but museum officials discount that theory.

Most figures stolen came from the Children's World of Fairy Tale and Fantasy section; others were taken from the Chamber of Horrors. Gone are Bob the Builder, Frankenstein's monster, Fred Flintstone, Gollum from "Lord of the Rings," a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, "Silence of the Lambs" killer Hannibal Lecter, and all four Teletubbies.

Guitars adorning the figures of U2's The Edge and Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott also disappeared. Others, including Elvis and Madonna, suffered lost hair, limbs or jewelry.

Museum manager Kay Murray said Monday she expects to announce a new location and reopening plans next month, although she said she did not know where the money to fix all the damage would come from.

She estimated the uninsured loss at $1.4 million and said some clothing - particularly the authentic rebel uniforms - was irreplaceable.

"Whoever did it was looking for uniforms, because most of our uniforms were stolen," Murray said, adding, "It's not going to stop the museum reopening. It will just delay us.

Laney_82 said:
Most figures stolen came from the Children's World of Fairy Tale and Fantasy section; others were taken from the Chamber of Horrors. Gone are Bob the Builder, Frankenstein's monster, Fred Flintstone, Gollum from "Lord of the Rings," a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, "Silence of the Lambs" killer Hannibal Lecter, and all four Teletubbies.

I guess this will be quite a party!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom