Edge gave me scare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If some of you dont know/remember Edge is my hamster.

This morning I got him out of his cage to play with him (he was sleeping as usual) and he could barely walk and he was all wobly, he'd stop and just stand there and fall over! I thought I was gonna lose him :sad: He wouldnt act normal! My parents kept accusing me of starving him! I WOULD NEVER STARVE HIM, EVER! But, I just now got him out to see if he was better, and he is, he's walkin normal and tryin to run away like he usualy does :lol:

But I don't know what was wrong with him :( I hope it was nothing serious, and it doesn't happen again. He scared me so bad, I about started cryin :sad:

My goldfish is also an Edge

:D

I'm glad his American hamster counterpart is doing ok, 'cos you know, if you're starving him, i'll be sending the goldfish your way to have words...

:wink:
:hug:

Scurvy maybe? I honestly know nothing of hamsters/gerbils but I know a good deal about guinea pigs. Guinea pig food is often made a lot like rabbit food, but guinea pigs require different nutrition and often don't get enough vitamin C with low price guinea pig food. Once my Sami's back leg just stopped working and she was walking all funny. In GPs, losing function of a hind limp is usually the first sign of scurvy (a vitamin C difficiency disease that can become fatal). Apparently her food was NOT high quality enough and she was basically being "starved" even though I fed her the right amount every day. To treat her I got kids chewable Vitamin C pills, smashed them into powder, mixed it with orange juice, and fed it to her as a treat with a 1 cc syringe. She perked up within a day or two and to keep them healthy, I gave them as many carrots as they wanted, plenty of timothy hay, and a dose of vitamin C every few months (often crushed into power and sprinkled on the food).

I hope it's not scurvy :( But I don't think it was anything bad... cause now he's all normal lol... but the poor guy... he bit his foot today :huh: I was holdin him and he chumped into his foot... but he's fine... there was no blood:wink:

he may have had a mild stroke. our rabbit was not walking or moving much one day, he could hardly stand, but the next day he was fine. vet said he may have had a mild stroke.

MooMoo! said:
he may have had a mild stroke. our rabbit was not walking or moving much one day, he could hardly stand, but the next day he was fine. vet said he may have had a mild stroke.
That would make sence :/ But he was only like it for like... I dont' know how long... not a whole day though lol. But It owuld make sence it if was a stroke... but... I hope it wasnt...

Yea well my dad refuses to take "unimportant" pets to a vet... and Edge may be unimportant to my dad but he's majorly important to me :sad:

How am I supposed to get there :lol: I can't walk there, 1, Edge would die from the cold, 2, it's like 15 miles away :|
oh and 3, I have no way to pay for it... :(

Yea I had just woke him up... that could have been his problem... lol... but I always wake him up from sleeping... and I think he's about a year in a half old.

Well, I hope Edge lives to be 5! lol! I wish he would live forever though :(
I'm hoping to get a new hamster soon, seeming I have another cage that's not in use... can you guess what I'm gonna name him?! I was gonna get a girl and name it Morleigh... but I've changed my mind.

TheWho4Life said:
Well, I hope Edge lives to be 5! lol! I wish he would live forever though :(
I'm hoping to get a new hamster soon, seeming I have another cage that's not in use... can you guess what I'm gonna name him?! I was gonna get a girl and name it Morleigh... but I've changed my mind.
if its a rowdy one call it noel. :wink:

surely theres a nearer vet than that? check the phonebook. lol, when pete was ill we had no way of getting to the vet so we got the police to take us! :lol:

MooMoo! said:
if its a rowdy one call it noel. :wink:

surely theres a nearer vet than that? check the phonebook. lol, when pete was ill we had no way of getting to the vet so we got the police to take us! :lol:
There isnt a nearer vet than that :( I remember once when my dog was dieing ( a LONG time ago... she lived though :D) We had to drive forever to get to a vet... we almost lost her :(

Yea, wether he's rowdy or not, I'm namin him Noel :D I'll call him Noel G though cause I like having more than one sylibal lol, I call Edge "Edgie" Or I say Edge in a way that there's 2 sylaboles :D I don't know how to spell sylabole :|

Back
Top Bottom