EDGE, EDGE, EDGE!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
Okay girls, how cute did Edge look last night on Letterman?!?!?!?

I was SO happy I was able to stay awake and watch it! They also sounded amazing!! Can't wait for Friday!

God...he was wearing that dorky sweater that only HE could make look cool and sexy. *sigh*

What a cutie...

icon35.gif
icon19.gif
icon35.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Heehee! My roomate walked by the TV during New York, and said very casually: "Why is Edge wearing a Christmas sweater?" LOL! Maybe his mom made it for him
biggrin.gif

DATELINE: The Evans Household, Last weekend, 5:38 PM GMT

The Edge: Aw, Ma, ya shouldn't have...

Mrs. The Edge: I knitted it just for you, dear, to wear on the David Letterman show.

Edge: It's...it's great, Ma.

Mrs. The Edge: Well, put it on, let me see how you look in it!

Edge: Em...(puts sweater on) Aren't the sleeves a bit long?

Mrs. The Edge: Oh, you'll grow into it.

Larry: BWAHAHAHA!

Mrs. The Edge: Oh, how could I have forgotten - I made one for you too, Lawrence!

Larry: What?

*Mrs. The Edge holds up a huge fuzzy purple-and-pink striped sweater.

Edge: HA! Well, put it on, LAWRENCE! Let's see how you LOOK in it!

Larry: Oh, shite.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at: http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 10-30-2001).]

Heh heh, the sad thing is, is that I would probably buy a sweater like that if I saw it....I guess I'm just a huge dork then!
biggrin.gif

But YESSS!! Edge looked so flippin' cute! I was squealing about it to my friend and she...well, she laughed at my dorky ass.

------------------
-mowaaay coo'12 AKA moright fine12
Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

Lol if Adam wore that, he'd try to accessorize as best as possible.

If Bono wore that, I would become a nun.

If Larry wore that, he would have to tear the sleeves off.

It just WORKED on Edge somehow. He's special
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

I noticed that ever since the third leg of the tour began, Edge has not worn ANY number shirts
frown.gif
I guess he is changing his fashion style. but he still a cutie *pinches edge's cheeks*
wink.gif

You know, do you think they really give much thought to what they wear on stage? Or do they just wear whatever happens to be handy? Well, Bono obviously has his Elevation "uniform." But what about the others? I mean, are they all backstage like:

Larry: So, guys, what do you think? Should I wear the pink or the blue shirt tonight? And exactly how much man cleavage do you think I should show? I'm thinking . . . two buttons open.

Edge: Hmmmm. Two buttons might be too many to start out with. You don't want to give them what they want all at once . . . make them earn that man cleavage, Lawrence! But hey, I was shopping *allllll* day to find *the* perfect shirt to wear tonight, and ta-da! Here it is! What do you think Adam?

Adam: What were you saying?

I don't know -- somehow I can't quite see it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

Edge: Hmmmm. Two buttons might be too many to start out with. You don't want to give them what they want all at once . . . make them earn that man cleavage, Lawrence!
lol

Larry: like this, Bono! *strut*

Bono: Like THIS? *waddle*

Larry: No, no, no. Like THIS *strut* Work them 7 pounds!

Edge: *bluuuuuush* I'm gonna go get changed now. Mommy, are you done knitting my sweater?

Edge's Mommy: Yes, don't forget to write your name in it!

Bono: I'm sorry, Lawrence. The TV cameras make me a little nervous. I dont' know what to do in front of them

Adam: *would be laughing at the irony of Bono being shy, but he's cardboard. Sorry*

Larry: You know what your problem is? It's all about the man cleavage.

Bono: The WHAT? Lawrence...

Larry: Open yer shirt.

Edge: Or maybe I'll stay....a little while more...on second thought...I can change later....

Bono: What?

Larry: Open yer shirt! C'mon.

Bono: *rip* a la Walk On video
smile.gif

Larry: Alright now try. *strut*

Bono: *strut* HEY! I can do it now! At last I have the confidence to not only look like -- but to BECOME the statue of liberty! PHWOAR!

It's all about the man cleavage...

------------------

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

mona! lol!

Larry: *strut*

Bono: *waddle*

lol again!

aw! edgie is *such* a cutie pie! *hugs air edge*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

I am glad I am not the only one who thought...,"so what's up with the sweater!"
At first glance I thought he should have worn something a that screams, "I'm a huge Rockstar!"
But of course he made the sweater look COOL, the way only Edgie can!

BTW...I love the way they re-worked New York! Edgie jammed as usual and I love the funky bass lines too...Adam sounded and looked fine! IMO...he should have been on camera a lot MORE!!!

Did anyone else notice the 15 minutes of commercials that came on between sets! I would have liked to have seen them all talk to Letterman. Oh well....we can't have it all!!
smile.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

HILARIOUS, bonochick...you're so right!

however, I was thrilled to see him in *anything* other than another t-shirt, bedazzled or not!
biggrin.gif
icon19.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
God...he was wearing that dorky sweater that only HE could make look cool and sexy. *sigh*

icon35.gif
icon19.gif
icon35.gif

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

aw! edgie is *such* a cutie pie! *hugs air edge*
heh so the Edge underwear is "Slanes"
and the Edge shoes are "Air Edges"

okie dokie pokey

------------------

LOL! His sweater was giving me bad early 90s flashbacks, but I forgive him because he's The Edge.
icon35.gif

What a cutie...

icon35.gif
icon19.gif
icon35.gif

Heehee! My roomate walked by the TV during New York, and said very casually: "Why is Edge wearing a Christmas sweater?" LOL! Maybe his mom made it for him
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

It's taken me awhile to respond to this bc I taped Letterman and just saw it last night. That Edge Stuck singing solo...*THUD*. Bono in general....*THUD*.

After they interview Bono the first time, do they go back and talk to him some more, or was that it? My tape cut off after the commercial!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Edgie looked so adorable in his sweater
biggrin.gif
I just wanted to reach in the tv and pinch his little cheeks
smile.gif
I did think he looked kinda Christmasy too...but he rocks even if his Mamma made it for him
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Larry: So, guys, what do you think? Should I wear the pink or the blue shirt tonight? And exactly how much man cleavage do you think I should show? I'm thinking . . . two buttons open.

Edge: Hmmmm. Two buttons might be too many to start out with. You don't want to give them what they want all at once . . . make them earn that man cleavage, Lawrence! But hey, I was shopping *allllll* day to find *the* perfect shirt to wear tonight, and ta-da! Here it is! What do you think Adam?

Adam: What were you saying?

I don't know -- somehow I can't quite see it.

Oh, I can see it all right. *Thinks of various ways to "earn" a peek at Larry's man cleavage*
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Mrs. Edge, that was it, they just came back and rolled the credits.

Did anyone else have a hard time hearing Bono during the first verse of New York?

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
It's taken me awhile to respond to this bc I taped Letterman and just saw it last night. That Edge Stuck singing solo...*THUD*. Bono in general....*THUD*.

After they interview Bono the first time, do they go back and talk to him some more, or was that it? My tape cut off after the commercial!

Back
Top Bottom