Echo and Mona's New Script: Oooh, Controversy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo, email it to me. I'd like to read it.
smile.gif
Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!!

Bonavoix@hotmail.com

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

Hmmm k what does it tell you when 2 mods that have been here for quite a while now dont agree with any of this pleba stuff.

That was great, Echo.
smile.gif

I honestly was not aware that any issues were occuring here.. I don't read any other part of the forum besides PLEBA. Have I offended someone with MPS? I'd appreciate knowing.

It just figures that the one and ONLY time in my entire life I decide to express myself I end up crossing somebody's lines. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and denied my first amendment rights and my rights as an artist, yeah?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but figuring out that there's issues here over the course of the hardest two days of my entire college carreer on top of numerous health and family issues (I haven't slept in 36 hours) has probably given way to a harsh response. I'll probably regret this later.

I just wanted to know if I've offended anyone so I can apologize and we can all move on with our lives. I never wanted to offend anyone, only to celebrate U2 with a bunch of other people who felt the same way and maybe build some relationships from that. God forbid I ever try that again.
~~~We are all here for U2, isn't that right?~~~
Echo and Mona, loved the script. It was hillarious but it just kinda got me thinking.
~Bona the Upset~

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

I'm going to have to agree with Bona there...i really wasn't aware of this division...I guess I was caught in my *Happy Larry Land*LOL I honestly respect everybody here...So what if some of us have fun at PLEBA, isn't this the forum to do so? I mean we're honestly not all this nuts
biggrin.gif
(ok maybe some to some extent, ie. Moi), but this is a place to have fun and respect people's posts...if you don't like the post then just don't read it, skip to what you want to read...ya know...I mean I love all you girlies but please don't start this into a big war mmmkay? *hugs all the pleba girlies*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Oh....mail order SCRIPTS? I thought this thread was about mail order strips. As in if we emailed Echo we'd get a 40 yr old Irish crooner to come to our house and --

*censors come in and distract Mona*

OK I'm better.

OK Echo and I thought long and hard about this. I took the long, Echo took the hard.

Mayhaps I should rephrase that, as I suspect ScottPhisto is around
wink.gif

OK. Basically we wanted a balance between
1. preserving the peace that SHOULD exist in PLEBA

2. expressing our opinions about some of the problems that some ppl have been causing.

**Our main purpose was really that we take this seriously enough where we don't think anyone should be hurt (for example, by ppl singling out a poster and insulting/criticizing everything they post)

**But we take it lightly enough where PLEBA (and the rest of interference, I would assume) is for fun. And we can be free to talk about whatever we want.

It's all about balance.

The majority of the posters in PLEBA (and I hope in the rest of intereference too) are pretty nice ppl. But I know several of us have noticed strange things going on, like targeting or abusing multiple names.

Anyway, it's all about balance. If you don't like it here, try to change it for the better without tearing other ppl down or being negative. Or just leave.

Faithful PLEBAns, who are here for the GOOD, NICE fun of it, please stay. We need you.

Thank you. Back to you, Dan Rather.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Amen Monita I totally agree *claps* *whistles* Yeah you go girlie!!!!

OK Echo and I thought long and hard about this. I took the long, Echo took the hard.

*is scandalized*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

I wish my government teacher was here. She'd be so impressed

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

I really don't want to post here again-but I have to-because I MUST agree about singling out individuals and what they post, and/or using multiple user names to do so. It becomes like high school, complete with 'bullies'. Or making 'veiled' references to individuals, or what they post on PLEBA,on other forums here.

Whoever is doing this or is behind it obviously cannot 'say it to someone's face'. This has been going on for sometime-seemingly unnoticed and unchecked-and it just makes me wonder. THIS kind of thing 'shuts me out of PLEBA'.

And I just have to agree about not tearing other people down/being negative.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

PainfulBread@aol.com
(go ahead, laugh your head off
smile.gif
)

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

Yeah I already to go on scholarship to a fancy shmancy high school where everyone else can afford everything and therefore a lot of ppl have no concern for others.

We don't need that here.

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Story = LOL

I have to say, you should have just posted it instead of causing all this chaos..cuz it seems pretty harmless to me.

I for one, can take a joke and am not offended by it.

But I do have a comment...for Echo.. you have only been here two months.. yet you seem to know alot about everyone.

What up?

Some people, however, cannot take a joke. Or they make jokes out of the wrong things.

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Story = LOL
I for one, can take a joke and am not offended by it.

Just wanted to give you a thumbs up for this
smile.gif
. I haven't read it.

And I haven't been here long, but spend way too much time here

<----
rolleyes.gif

But sometimes I feel like I know 'a lot' about everyone just from what they post, etc. Of course that isn't the same as knowing what they're really like. But obviously all you can go by is what you read on here
smile.gif

If I can be honest Sicy-and OF COURSE they should speak for themselves-but I think it's possible that some people feel singled out here and like they are being 'ganged up' on.

That's all I wanted to say.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

hatshapedhat665@hotmail.com

Rackem frackem. Now that song's in my head.

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
is that a bad thing?
smile.gif

YES. That song annoys me.

Up up up up up up up up up....

Lol

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
If I can be honest Sicy-and OF COURSE they should speak for themselves-but I think it's possible that some people feel singled out here and like they are being 'ganged up' on.

Well... I dont really know what to say about that.. but I mean... I used to post here all the time.. and I kind of feel left out sometimes.. I mean I realize things change, people change, its inevitable. It just bothers me slightly that some new people have almost seem to have 'taken over' the forum.. for lack of a better phrase. And maybe I dont "get" everything that goes on here and that could be why I dont post much here anymore. I just think there should be plenty of diversity with the threads etc. as to not be repeating the same threads by the same people.. and the same people constantly posting threads.

But I dont have anything against anyone here... just of how different the forum is now, and obviously nobody can do anything about it, thats life. But I think talking things out helps a great deal. And well, after reading the story, (and I do hope its strictly all in good fun) I kind of actually feel better because I thought it would be worse and it was actually amusing.

And yes, I am more dangerous than a shotgun.

biggrin.gif

Thank you

Carry On

------------------
These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

been away but I would love to see the story, and I agree with the mods it should've just been posted. Cause regardless everyone is gonna eventually e-mail you for a copy for the same reasons why tabloids exist. So better to have done it out in the open so that people could all put in their 2 cents and hoepfully "lighten up".

anyways my e-mail is mbi16@yahoo.com

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I just think there should be plenty of diversity with the threads etc. as to not be repeating the same threads by the same people.. and the same people constantly posting threads.
That's true! Some threads just have one little question and then they just take up space.

But also, threads should not be taken out of commision without warning (not blaming you, though
smile.gif
)

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
But also, threads should not be taken out of commision without warning (not blaming you, though
smile.gif
)

If you're talking about the Bono is Elevated thread, it was honestly not purposly taken out of commission.

When threads get to large, they tend to do odd things, such as post that strange topic that Salome posted. But you see whats crazy is he actually never posted that topic, he just replied to the Elevated thread and somehow it deleted the Elevated thread and created that crazy ass backwards thread.

I have seen this happen before in the main forum.. nobody knows why or how.

Oh, OK.

The way some people responded to Salome's thread with thumbs-ups and happily evil faces...it made it seem like it was done on purpose.

------------------
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Oh, OK.

The way some people responded to Salome's thread with thumbs-ups and happily evil faces...it made it seem like it was done on purpose.

Not everything is a conspiracy around here, Mona. You put up another thread, we're all happy now, right?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Some days are sulky some days have a grin

All I was trying to say is that these people feel that way- singled out because they 'post too many threads' or whatever.Or by people coming into their threads just to personally 'attack' them. By not posting, isn't that contributing to the problems that you see?

Just for me personally, I don't see it as people 'taking over'-maybe people just try to start new threads sometimes to 'liven up' the forum instead of having to resurrect old threads all the time. As on the main forum, it can get repetitive.

One thing I really do have a problem with is people coming in here w/ certain user names-ok-this 'Looking Glass' person being one-to harass people-in this case, Mona. This has been going on for some time now-was finally commented upon by a mod a few days ago.This is one thing that definitely has to be stopped IMO.

Well, anyway, let's just have fun
smile.gif

Now I want to read the story after all this debate (and it got Sicy's seal of approval)! Could you please send it to me?
smile.gif
ultraviolet_19@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom