Drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I must say that you have made me feel so much better. For years that article has stuck out in my head and has bothered me. However at the time I was 15-16 years old and scared to death of certain drugs, still am.

All this time that quote has bothered me and of course I didn't have the article anymore because I cut it up for the pictures to hang on my walls.

Thank you for proving me wrong.

biff said:
While on the subject of 'shrooms, here's an excerpt from an interview Hot Press did with the musician Tricky, in September 2001:

"Are there any celebrity musicians you do get along with?"

"Actually, I get on with Bono real well. He’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met. He’s nothing like what I first expected. For one of the biggest rock stars in the world, he’s so not a celebrity. He’s almost like a comedian celebrity. I’ve never seen anyone like him. I took mushrooms with him in Jamaica and I was just rolling on the floor, man. There aren’t many people I’d just listen to telling stories, but when I’m with him, I can sit down and listen to him for two or three hours and just not say anything. You know, he can do impressions of people and shit. He cracks me up. I just like Bono’s personality, full stop. What I like about him is that he doesn’t hate anything. Like me, I hate everything. His attitude is to be cool with everybody. I sometimes wish I could be more like that."

thanks for the cool excerpt
icon14.gif
... some good insight on there about bono ... and im a fan of tricky's music as well =]

Edgette said:
Basically, Edge aquired some psychadellic mushrooms and being the scientist that he is, he decided to take the entire bag instead of just one. He locked himself in the room and basically just tripped out for hours. He fell asleep and woke up because he thought he heard his wife calling him. When he did, he suddenly realized that he knew the secret of the universe. So he grabbed a tape recorder and recorded the secret of the universe and, being satisfied, went back to sleep. When he woke up again, he remembered what he recorded and went to play it back. It was all nonsense because he was speaking into the back of the tape recorder, thus he totally missed talking into the microphone.
:laugh: Thats the funniest thing ever

I was looking something else up, so I cut this too while I was at it...

6sb2xd.jpg

Miroslava said:
I was looking something else up, so I cut this too while I was at it...

6sb2xd.jpg
This Story is hyterically funny! I totally forgot about it, I was arguing with a friend about Bono, Edge and Larry never doing drugs and such and I forgot about this story, I lent her Flannagan book *amazingly she has never read it* So she is going to come to me eventually to prove me wrong!:reject:

It is just that I read this story so long ago I totally forgot about it!

elevation2u said:
probably explains why adam looks so old

He does not look any older than the rest of them, and I think they ALL look smashing for there age!!!!:eyebrow: :yes:

stonecircle said:

All I can say is, if Bono gets 23 injections each day just to go from prone to sitting up because of his back pain, he must be doing some kind of heavy duty painkillers at other times. I worry that he might become dependent on these kind of legal drugs...but this is only IMO...I don't know Bono or any of the other members of U2...

23 injections??? I don't buy it. He'd be in a wheelchair if he required this many injections, he certainly wouldn't be on tour.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

23 injections??? I don't buy it. He'd be in a wheelchair if he required this many injections, he certainly wouldn't be on tour.

I have no first hand experience, but my boss injured her back years and years ago from slipping on ice and she said she had to have a course of treatment consisting of a TON of cortisone injections each visit on her back to ease the pain... doubt it was every day, and I doubt that's Bono's case...

Last edited:
I did not know Bono had back problems, does any of the other guys have problems like that?:sad:

Not that I've read of, except for Larry and his arms and back.
He had bulls blood injections in his back for a while (maybe still does, I'm not really sure) and an operation around Pop time that I think fixed it, but again, I'm no authority on the matter, and have no real proof on the matter.

Miroslava said:

I have no first hand experience, but my boss injured her back years and years ago from slipping on ice and she said she had to have a course of treatment consisting of a TON of cortisone injections each visit on her back to ease the pain... doubt it was every day, and I doubt that's Bono's case...

Yeah that's why I doubt it, anyone requiring this amount DAILY is on the verge of needing a walker or wheelchair.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah that's why I doubt it, anyone requiring this amount DAILY is on the verge of needing a walker or wheelchair.

The original article in The Guardian did not say the injections were daily; in fact, it implied otherwise. It was one of the posters here who wrongly added the word "daily".

A few pages back...Thank you Biff for pinpointing the article in The Guardian in regards to the 23 injections for Bono's back pain...a slipped disc or some such thing.

Back
Top Bottom