Drinks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtal

War Child
Sorry girls, but I am bored and need someone to chat with.

I am taking a bartending class and we are learning all the regular drinks.

I was just wondering if any of you out there has a favourite special or far-out or unique drink that you'd like me to learn.

I'm a big fan of Red Bull and Raspberry Stoli vodka. Now there's an urban legend saying that it's a dangerous mix, but no one has had any problems with Kahlua and Coffee, which has been served for years.

I love Amaretto Sours---2 parts Amaretto & 3 Parts Sour Mix--add a Cherry-pour over chrushed ice. (I'm more a beer drinker than mixed drinks though-Harp's my fave) :yes:

I had this thing in mexico called a miami hurricane or something like that...its strawberry, mixed with whipped cream and vodka and something else:huh: don't remember what..but it was :drool:

Hey, we should make up drinks called Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry. Like make Bono's with blue caracao (for his blue eyes), Edge's with an umbrella (as his beanie), and Larry's yellow (for his blonde hair)...etc...etc...

Ha, can you imagine going up to a bartender and being like, "Yes, I'd like a Bono." You could say you got drunk off of Bonos! :lol:

EDITED TO SAY:

I tried to delete this post (decided it was too lame!) - but couldn't. :confused: ????????

So I just erased it & typed this completely off-topic post instead.
:reject: And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.....

Last edited:
Haha, I just made myself a Cosmopolitan (yummmm) and an Appletini (double yummmmmmmmmmm) and a Bloody Mary.
I'm practicing.
Emkay, I'm tipsy.
Jagermeister goes good with Red Bull (Jager Bomber- Drop the shot into a glass of red bull and DRINK!)
Amaretto goes good with Dr Pepper, you can't even taste the alcohol.

Oooo! Bartending! I was always vaguely interested in that.

I discovered one of my favorite drinks while on vacation a few years ago, but have not had it since then. It involved pineapple juice, orange juice, CoCo Lopez, dark rum and a bit of fresh grated nutmeg to top it off. Those things were soooo~ good!

I'm also particularly fond of Long Island iced teas, cosmos, tequila shots and Bailey's in my cocoa. I've been told to try Midori sours and chocolate martinis, but have yet to do so.

If you like shots, try Chocolate Cake and Red Headed Sluts and Buttery Nipples.
I can make a mean Long Island, you drink one and you're fallin to your knees...
The pineapple/orange juice, Coco Lopez, etc is called PAINKILLER.
Midori Sour, Amaretto Sour, Appletini, Peachtini, Watermelontini are all good drinks to try out too.
Bartending is FUN. Not to mention you get about $200 in tips a night and that's not including hourly wage. So right now as an acccountant I make $30K a year, next year I'll be making $40K, working less hours and having more fun. (I'm only bartending to get myself through college) I cannot work 40 hours a week AND go to school AND do good at BOTH. Simply cannot.

Long Islands are my "I bet I can drink you under the table" drink of choice when with friends. It'd be nice to try one that wasn't horribly watered down (as I suspect most of the bartenders have done).

Painkiller - YES! Except none of the bartenders I've asked have had the slightest clue what I was talking about.

Appletinis taste too much like apple Jolly Ranchers - ate myself sick on those things as a kid and can't stand them now. I haven't tried any of the other fruit flavored martinis for fear that they all have that same candy flavor.

I don't think I have the personality for bartending - I'm usually far too shy to chat with strangers. Otherwise I know it'd be great fun.

xtal said:
I can make a mean Long Island, you drink one and you're fallin to your knees...

My favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

I had my first one on my 21st birthday...bonosloveslave took me out and got me sloshed. :D

As I'm reading this, I decided to try some Baileys in some hot chocolate, pretty good, thanks for the tip!
I am the owner of a bar, so sometimes I have the bartenders whip up some interesting things. This could be dangerous.....

Especially when you have bad days! Take for instance, I was browsing this site for awhile, and a little shy, to post my hello in Babyface.... Well one night I was browsing and drinking a bottle of red wine....Too many glasses later, I decided to post my hello in babyface (drinking always gets rid of shyness) well let me tell you, when I awoke the next day, with a BANGING HEADACHE :banghead, I went to read my post (what the heck was I thinking) I thought what a idiot... and then I found out you could not edit past 60 minutes......Bummer!
Well here I am....hopeless and hopefully welcome!
PS great site you gals have! I find some of the conversation very satisfying.... If you need any drink recipes, I'll do my best to get them to ya!

Thanks to a neighbor , I am currently addicted to Absolut Vanilla. :drool: It's really good w/Diet SunDrop, which is a regionally bottled citrus soda similar to Mountain Dew, only 10,000,000,000,000,000 times better! :D
And through rigourous testing, I have also discoved a wider distributed soft drink that works as good - maybe better! - than SunDrop.... Berry 7-Up (diet too, so that's a bonus for me) and Absolut Vanilla. :drool: :drool:

Be warned though!! This combination is nearly as addicting as the ole' Blue Crack House! :ohmy: :drunk:

Besides that combination - which I guess I need to name - my other favs are Crown Royals, Screwdrivers, Fuzzy Navels, & Melon Balls (with pineapple juice, not grapefruit! :yuck: )

When it comes to shots, I like either Goldschlager or AfterShock. :drool:

:reject: I'm really not a big drinker - honest!!! I'm just very specific & definate about what I like. :yes:

Last edited:
Anyone dare to try the Caramel Apple shot?
Butterscotch Schnapps and Apple Puckers. Yummy.

Welcome to the bar owner Babyface.

Hey xtal, just remember to use more booze than anything else. I hate getting mixed drinks that are short on booze. That's why I order shots most of the time. :D

A shot is a shot, and a wine glass and a beer is equal to a shot.

Most times only a shot are in mixed drinks, and sometimes half a shot more, but with more non-alcohol mixes or juices.

That's the way things are. If you ask for a double shot, I will have to charge more for that extra shot.
The goal is to serve more drinks with less alcohol for everyone to keep spending money and not getting out of control drunk to the point where you are hassling other customers and causing trouble....
Safety first.

I have trouble with liquor these days doesn't take much to make me sick:sick: Too much of it in college maybe. I stick to beer and wine. Guinness is best:drool:

What is the drink Bono's known for. Seems like I've heard a couple. Champagne & Guinness?? I like that but I'm sure it's much better when the Guinness is in Ireland.

We introduced my soon to be daughter-in-law's grandmother (who was raised in a Siberian labor camp) to jello shooters last weekend. She sure liked them!

Thanks for the welcome xtal!

The safety first attitude, is so important in bartending, shows someone taught you well!
Its a good job while your going to school, you can make lots of money, especially when you get your pool of steady customers.

Margarita, blended thick, with salt. OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only seen Bono drink Heinekens, heard of him drinking Coronas, and seen pics of him drinking Guinnesses.
I prefer Heinekens and Coronas myself. And Hefeweisen's with lemon.
Has anyone heard/seen what the band likes to drink?

I would drink a stiff shot of Irish whisky and call the drink The Edge...I would have a dry Martini and call it a Sliver Fox (aka Adam) I would have a Red Bull and vodka and call that drink a Larry...Then finish it of with a Heineken and that will be my Bono... it will put me to sleep:der: :yawn: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I'm pretty basic - rum and diet coke
beers I'm from st. louis so its all about the budwieser products for me but I do enjoy Heineken and Guinness
Wine - love Rieslings

I'm going to admit to really liking the shot called the irish car bomb - waaaaay too much

I would love u2 inspired drinks:D

Hey nurse Chrissi!!! I like budwiser too....I live in Kansas City ...But every since I saw a pic of Bono with a Heineken , I thought I would give it a try:drunk:

Back
Top Bottom