dream out loud pt 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
ok I few more chapters should finish this off:wink:

"Get your things I am taking you home" Bono informed her curtly.

Resenting the fact he thought he could still order her around after disappearing for so long then just showing up and thinking he could do what he liked Rosie pulled away from his hold and glared at him defiantly

"Who says I wanna go home?"

"Look Rosie we can do this the easy way, you walk out with me nicely or I haul you outta here over my shoulder.. your choice"

Seeing the determed set of Bono's jaw, that he would probably carry out this threat, Rosie reluctantly gathered up her jacket and purse, but continued to eye him with open hostilty lettimg him know she was not happy doing it as she followed him out of the club, he took her arm again as he helped her across the road to where his car was parked.

He opened the door for her to get into the passenger side, neither saying a word, and she was still pouting sulkily as the car drove of.

Finally Bono spoke, his irritation clear in his voice

"I can't leave you alone for five minutes can I, and you mess yourself up"

"Five months is not five minutes" Rosie corrected him coldly "And what I do with my life is none of your concern anymore"

"To hell it isn't" Bono frowned "Though I don't know why I bother to keep having to come and rescue you from these situations, its getting pretty tedious now"

"For your information I wasn't in any need of being rescued.. I was having a great time with my friends, while you were busy with your precious movie soundtrack in America, so I don't know where you are getting this damsel in distress crap from" she snapped back

"Don't ya?.. I guess you haven't taken a good look at yourself in the mirror lately Rosie.. and throwing yourself at strange guys, thats a new trick you have learned too I see" he drawled.

"Stop the car and let me out" Rosie demanded, "I don't have to take this from you"

"You will get out of this car when we are at your apartment no sooner" Bono informed her in a voice that brooked no argument

She wanted to hit out at him, and scream at him, demand to know why he thought he had any right to talk to her in this way considering they hadn't spoken in months, how he thought he could just come gatecrashing back into her life and try to tell her what to do. But instead she remained silently seething deciding she would tell him to go to hell when they got to her front door.

But it didn't quite work out like that when they reached her apartment, Rosie was a litle unsteady on her feet, so she needed his help to get to the front door, once there, she had intended to tell him to get lost in less nicer terms, but before she could he had grabbed her purse and opened it and started to look for her keys.

"Hey what do you think you are doing?" she demanded

"Finding these" he pulled out her keys and jangled them in front of her face, she tried to snatch them from him, but he was to quick and turned to put them in the door and open it, ushering the indignant Rosie in and then following behind her

"I don't remember inviting you in" she said resentfully

"We still need to talk, though how we are going to manage with you in this state I am not sure" Bono replied frowning

"There is nothing wrong with the state I am in" Rosie stated staggering over to the nearest chair and throwing herself down in it

Bono snorted in dersion "Just look at you.. I never thought I would see you, of all people, like this"

Rosie's head shot up "What's that suppose to mean?"

He sauntered over to her, standing in front of her, looking down his blue gaze filled with contemplation.

"When did you suddenly decide you liked to drink so much?"

"When I found my self hanging around here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the rest of you to get your act together.. it suddenly seemed to be a lot more fun" she shot him a meaningful look

"So its all our fault?" Bono drawled

"You were the ones that all went your seperate ways, you were the ones who weren't talking or communicating with each other anymore.. so I thought, fine they do whatever they like.. I will do what I like... whats the big deal?"

"Well for starters, if you had been spending less nights clubbing and getting drunk and not answering your phone, you would know that the rest of us have been communicating with each other" Bono informed her, he bent over so he was closer to her face, his hands resting on the arms of the chair,

"I was talking to Larry last week actually, about something me and Edge had an idea for the new album, and it was him who informed me with some concern you had become a regular party girl, he was in London breifly last month and actually witnessed you staggering out of some club in the early hours of the morning, and into a taxi with some other girl.. at first he thought he eyes were playing tricks on him, I mean you don't even drink as far as we knew, then he started to make a few enquiries, that led him to believe it had been you, so when we talked over the phone and let me know we ended up tossing a coin to see who was going to sort this out.. guess who lost?"

His blue eyes were boring into her now and she felt herself sink back into the chair trying to escape them suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

"I can't believe you both discussed me and deciding that one of you had to come and fix me up... who the hell do you think you are" she retaliated angrily, shoving his arms away and pushing past him to get up of the chair finding his proximity too close for comfort

But Bono followed her and she found herself backed up against the wall, "I know I am the person you helped you escape the gutter of the back streets off Dublin, and I will be damned before I let you throw it all away and end up a drunk like your mother.. which is where you seem to be heading right now"

"Well maybe I am" Rosie shot back ever defiant, "Maybe it is in the gene's,y'know like mother like daughter, " she taunted.. "whatever it is, its my life. you can't tell me what to do. you don't own me" she finished through gritted teeth

"Oh don't I?" Bono spoke softly but had a dangerous glint in his eye, that should have alarmed her, but she recognised it too late and before she had a chance to make a move, he had pushed her up against the wall, kissing her, it was a harsh demanding
kiss, that left her lips feeling ravaged,

Angry at him and trying to escape the onslaught she started to try push at his chest beating it with her fists, but his hands grabbed her wrists and forced her arms down by her sides, his lips dragged themselves against her cheek beside her ear his voice thick with emotion and desire "I'm sorry, understand?...don't fight me any more Rosie, I am tired of fighting .. I have missed you like hell and I need you so much.... you know we belong together.

He felt her body go limp, as she now looked questioningly into his smouldering blue eyes, her anger dissapating to be replaced
byt the crazy fluttering feeling inside her stomach as his words sunk in, and the flame of desire that warmed her insides brought her to the realisation he was right.. she didn't want to fight any more either as she realised this wasn't about the band, but about the both of them.

His lips found hers again, only this time they were a lot more gentle, searching, exploring and she kissed him back with a greedy ardour wanting more.

And just when she was lost in the sweet tenderness of their embrace he pulled away from her a little, he breathing a little uneven, the look they exchanged spoke volumes and as he grabbed her hand and led her towards the bedroom she only too willingly went with him.

Back
Top Bottom