dream out loud pt 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
A curse or a blessing, Rosie wasn't too sure, how she viewed the interruption, when the knock came to the door and the others showed up.

Bono had opened the door and they had all piled in cheerfully in an effort to keep her spirits up, messing about and joking , keeping things light hearted, it was hard for Rosie to believe that only less than an hour before, she and shared the most deep meaningful conversation with Bono they had ever had, something she never thought would happen between them, perhaps at last both of them were starting to grow up and mature from the experiences they had all went through this last six months or so.

Then that kiss they had shared, she wasn't sure exactly why had that had happened, but knew where it would have led if the others hadn't turned up, made her go warm all over, that there was still a strong attraction between them despite all that had happened left her feeling uneasy a little, she wasn't sure she was ready for going down that road again just yet.

With the others there to distract her, she didn't have to dwell on it too much, yet she couldn't help shooting furtive looks and Bono wondering what was going through his head, remembering what almost sounded to her like a confession, that he regretted not being there for her, had surprised her.. just when she had convinced herself he had never given a damn, and was suddenly perturbed by the thought she didn't know him as well as she thought she did.

A few hours later she convinced them all she would be fine on her own, and reminded them that the doctors had told her to get plenty of rest, and they should all go home to their families girlfriends whatever, they finally agreed, Bono trailed behind last as the others went out the door.

"You sure you are going to be ok?" he asked

"Yes really" she reassured him "I promise I will take it easy and go to bed early and rest and take my medication.. blah, blah, blah"

"Good" he leaned forward and lightly kissed her on the cheek, it was no more than a friendly peck, yet Rosie found herself trying to ignore what such an innocent act was doing to her inside, chiding herself over the power his close proximity could still do to her at the most unexpected times, "I will give you a ring tomorrow to check up on you" he then promised

"You don't have to" Rosie told him "I will be fine"

"I am sure you will... but still I want to" his blue eyes rested on her intently as he shot her that little half smile, for my own peace of mind"

"Ok" she relented, "Y'know you have become such a worry wort lately" she then laughed, trying to make light of his sudden personal concern for her "Who would have believed it, Bono with a conscience" she couldn't resist mocking

He grinned sheepishly "Yeah, I guess it is hard to take in.. but when you realise you might be losing something precious that you took for granted before..." he trailed of there checking himself, realising that what he was about to say just might freak Rosie out, because it was certainly starting to freak him out.. and it was the last thing they needed right now, "Never mind" he laughed and shook his head

Rosie was torn.. curious to know exactly what he meant. by precious, did he mean the band, the fame the fortune? Or was he implying something more personal about them.. about her... was she precious to him?

She found herself dismissing that thought, the only person who Bono cared about was Bono, yet this past week he seemed like a different person around her. she guessed her collapse must have shaken him pretty badly in some way, but right now she suddenly didn't know what to think anymore, but she didn't have the nerve to ask, or press him to go on with what he was saying, it just wasn't the right time now, she didn't need any more emotional upheaval

"Just take care of yourself.. the band needs you" he then told her, becoming more impersonal and distant because suddenly it felt they were walking on eggshells with each other, he decided backing of was for the best for both of them before things got anymore awkward between them

"You should make the most of my absence because it won't be long till I am am back on my feet and making your life hell" she manage to grin going along with his lead, in taking their conversation onto more safer grounds and winding him up

"I will hold you to that" he warned with a small half smile

Rosie was back in fighting form, and over the next lot of weeks obeyed the doctors orders to take it easy, and went to her weekly meeting with a counselor which was helping her come to terms with her mother's illness and death and the guilt she had felt. slowly but surely she was starting to feel better about herself again.

For a while just sitting around doing very little had been a nice change, with no pressure of worrying about touring or being in the recording studio for a while, now that time had passed she was starting to miss it, and wanted to get back into the swing of things.

So she started to come back into the recording studio, as the band were getting prepared to find new material and sounds for their next album and actively participating in it anyway she could. and was glad at last the others including Bono had stopped treating her with kid gloves, as they got involved in many a lively discussion and argument about what way they wanted to take the new album, the good thing was when they were in this mode Rosie and Bono's relationship was more easy to keep strictly professional things were almost back to normal.

Though it hadn't passed Rosie's attention that Bono had not been returning Fay's phone calls, and didn't seem to have any interest in attending the premiere of her latest Movie, even though he got a special invitation.
The snub had been too much for Fay, who decided to retaliate by announcing in the tabloids that their relationship was over and She had finished it, in her statment she stated that Bono was a lousy lover and an egotistical asshole.

Rosie was sitting idly reading through it, tormenting Bono, as they sat in Edge's house one evening, "Well at least she got the egotistical asshole right" she remarked eyeing Bono with a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she sat next to him

"I can live with that" Bono replied with a shrug "But I am glad you pointed that quote out and not the latter, which means you know I am not a lousy lover" he smirked meaningfully,

His implication was not lost on her, and she felt the color flood her face, it had been a long while from he had made such a personal remark towards her, but she decided not taking it too seriously was the only way to handle it, so she grinned and nudged him sharply in the ribs. "Behave yourself" she warned him playfully whilist mentally kicking herself for walking into that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom