dream out loud pt 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
I think this should have been included in chapter 12 but it would have made it too long.. so its a kind of short chapter just to round it of:)

"Bono why did you come back here?" Rosie was lying back in her bed in his arms, and was looking up at him, sated after their lovemaking, her mind was suddenly filled with questions
"Well I thought that was pretty obvious" Bono grinned making Rosie roll her eyes and slap him lightly on his bare chest

"Well I know you came back for that...but thats not what I meant.. I thought you were mad at me, in fact I was sure you would end up spending the night with Fay or Nina or one of those other gorgeous girls that were around you tonight, they all seemed pretty keen to jump into bed with you the way they were acting around you.... or did you already? and then decided to come to me for second helpings?"

Bono looked down at her speculatively "You reckon I would do that?"

"Wouldn't be surprised" Rosie replied with a shrug

"And would it bother you if I did?" he then asked

Rosie didn't want to dwell on this question too hard instead she shrugged again "Why should it.. its not like we made a commitment too each other, I am realistic enough to know you don't want to be tied down.. you always made that quite clear to me.. we would end up driving each other crazy anyway" she laughed lightly

"Yeah, crazy is the right word for it" Bono agreed, "But I am still attracted to you Rosie, I thought once I slept with you I would get over it and move on once the challenge was over, but it seems that is not the case.. even when you are making me nuts and annoying me I still want you.. I don't quite understand it myself" he frowned a little.
"Flirting with Fay and Nina and all those other women suddenly lost its appeal when you were not around to torment" he then confessed with a small smile.

"Oh so you were set on tormenting were ya?" Rosie sat up a little trying to sound annoyed but not quite succeeding, because inside she was warmed with the thought that he had not got fed up with her yet despite everything.

"Yeah I guess it worked too, seeing it made you leave early" Bono teased, "And it was a terrible excuse, saying your stomach wasn't feeling too good you didn't think I was falling for that"

"Well it was true" Rosie shot back "Watching you with Fay Lawson.. was making me wanna puke"

Bono chuckled "Well your stomach can stop heaving cos nothing happened between us, alas her latest boyfriend arrived on the scene and spoilt the party"

"So I was second choice" Rosie pouted in realisation "Thanks, that's really made me feel great"

"Well it could have been worse you could have been third or fourth choice.. I mean after Nina and her friend, who were letting me know they were available" Bono pointed out "But the fool I am I came here to check on you.. so show some gratitude"

"Why you arrogant.. I will give you gratitude" Rosie exclaimed picking up her pillow and hitting him with it, making him shout and laugh at the same time in protest.

In the end he managed to snatch the pillow of her and then pin her her arms by her sides so she couldn't attack him anymore
"Gawd Rosie you wear me out" he told her as he leaned over her a little breathless, "physically and emotionally... I think thats what keeps me coming back for more.. so play nice" he warned. "Or I will just have to start kissing you, to calm you down, I know that always seems to work" he finished with a mischevious grin.

Still a bit miffed with him that he had openly admitted he would more likely be with Fay than her if Fay's boyfriend hadn't shown up, she wasn't going to please him. and lay still staring up at the ceiling trying to ignore his presence, which was difficult at the same time due to the physical closeness of him leaning over her. "I don't care what you do" she informed him indifferently
he just laughed again softly and released her, then plumped up her pillow and put it behind his head and lay back next to her. wondering if she would try and get it from him.

But Rosie's mind was set, she wasn't going to play anymore, because she knew it would end up with her giving into him and they would end up making love again then he would have that smug smile of satisfaction afterwards.. but not tonight, so she turned her back on him not concerned she had no pillow, "Goodnight" she told him with an air of finality then closed her eyes.

Testing her Bono lightly ran his finger down her spine to see her reaction, amazed at her own willpower she just shrugged a little and pulled the blanket closer around her so he couldn't do it again. and making a barricade between them.

"Guess the fun is over for the night" he murmered getting the message loud and clear "Goodnight Rosielee sweetdreams"
and he turned his back on her to turn out the light and go to sleep himself.

yeah I know.... but I will try and redeem him by the end of it:wink:

Back
Top Bottom