DotPhoto - problems uploading?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
anybody else having a problem uploading pics to DotPhoto? I get this error message that says: "XPUpload error - files with extension "" are not permitted"

Now, they are just regular Jpeg files, nothing fancy. Does this look like a problem with something on my PC or with DotPhoto???

BLARGH.
mad.gif

Alright Disco, I'm glad you brought this up, b/c I'm having trouble uploading too. Actually, I had trouble w/ Webshots in the first place, and I still can't do it @ Dotphoto. I'm just using .jpg files too. This sucks.

i am currently uploading to dotphoto and i have had little problem tonight. there are the occasional messages that i get when i try to upload 10 at a time, and when that occurs, i hit refresh and load one a time.

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-13-2002).]

My account keeps giving me connection errors.
frown.gif
I'll try uploading fewer at once...

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?

My dotphoto has, well, dots. Look here, anybody else get this phenomenon? Do any of you have a copy of this pic, I am sure it didn't have this on it when I saved it.

iB7123A0A-018F-4F02-A0DD-E791E5619E1B.jpg

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

I have given up on dotphoto...I tried it for 4 days and was only able to upload 10 pics...everytime I tried to upload after that, I got the error message whether it was 1 picture or 10. I just went ahead and used my old msn account and created a U2 community page and I have already uploaded 40 pics with no problems

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

I just went ahead and used my old msn account and created a U2 community page and I have already uploaded 40 pics with no problems

MSN? You must tell me how to do this! Please!

------------------

okay, i have set up an album in MSN, i am posting to see if i can upload an image from there to here...

Image.aspx

hmmm...it doesn't look like it will transfer to here.
mad.gif

since, i have experienced little problems with dotphoto,i will continue to use it until something better comes along.[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-13-2002).]

okay, I set up another account with a different site: www.webphotos.com
since this website is working for me. you all might want to consider this site as an alternative. It seems pretty good so far. you have an option to upload 3 at a time, or as many as you would like at a time.
1000025939_1142002125233AM0.1164514.jpg

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-13-2002).]

Hey ladies...I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems with DotPhoto...it has been great for me...I have over 400 pics in there all uploaded today!

If you want to check them out here's a link
http://www.dotphoto.com/MemListAlbums.asp

username: hippyactress
password: guest

Feel free to pirate away
biggrin.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
anybody else having a problem uploading pics to DotPhoto? I get this error message that says: "XPUpload error - files with extension "" are not permitted"

Now, they are just regular Jpeg files, nothing fancy. Does this look like a problem with something on my PC or with DotPhoto???

BLARGH.
mad.gif

Actually, I ended up having to NUMBER all my stupid pictures because when I did the "big" upload, dotphoto would randomly leave some out. So, I had to go through them and write down what numbers were left out, re-upload them again, and repeat the process.

Very time-consuming. However, once I got that done, I haven't had any problems.
biggrin.gif

I was getting a few error messages through the uploading process - so I had to re-boot my computer. It was fine after that.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Veranda:
MSN? You must tell me how to do this! Please!

If you already have an msn account, go to msn communities and you can set your own community which basically gives you photo albums, a messgae board and the ability to add content to your site. I haven't done anything but add photos and still don't know if I can post them here yet...I would give it a few days before you try to set something up because I got a message last night saying the the community pages would be unavailable for the next few days and I just tried to log on with no luck. I'm keepin my fingers crossed though and I'll let you know in a few days if its working out. Good luck!!

alrighty, I'm gonna use this thread to see if my pic's on msn can be seen here on PLEBA...if it works, you will see a lovely picture of Adam, if not, AAAHHHH!!!!

adam1.JPG

alrighty, I'm gonna use this thread to see if my pic's on msn can be seen here on PLEBA...if it works, you will see a lovely picture of Adam, if not, AAAHHHH!!!!

adam1.JPG

nope, it did not work. i tried to do it last night also from my MSN album and it did not work. i posted a message about it and then followed up with another online photo site. www.webphotos.com is the site that i also have an account with it. if you figure out how to post the pics. from MSN, please let us know.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

nope, it did not work. i tried to do it last night also from my MSN album and it did not work. i posted a message about it and then followed up with another online photo site. www.webphotos.com is the site that i also have an account with it. if you figure out how to post the pics. from MSN, please let us know.
wink.gif

NO!!! You can't see the picture? Don't tell me that...it came through in my post and yours. I refreshed the thread twice to make sure and it was there. what the f**ck is goin on???

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 01-14-2002).]

I can see the webphoto one and the MSN one. They came out fine here! Of course there is no need for me to try to make myself another collection I will only be ratted out and lose them all like the last 2 times. But I am happy you ladies got something going there. Good job
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

If you already have an msn account, go to msn communities and you can set your own community which basically gives you photo albums, a messgae board and the ability to add content to your site. I haven't done anything but add photos and still don't know if I can post them here yet...I would give it a few days before you try to set something up because I got a message last night saying the the community pages would be unavailable for the next few days and I just tried to log on with no luck. I'm keepin my fingers crossed though and I'll let you know in a few days if its working out. Good luck!!

I'm working on it but having trouble getting it to function properly. It keeps saying 'try again later.' GRRRR. One more question- is it safe here? Will we not get shut down or anything? Thanks for your help!

------------------

Originally posted by Veranda:
I'm working on it but having trouble getting it to function properly. It keeps saying 'try again later.' GRRRR. One more question- is it safe here? Will we not get shut down or anything? Thanks for your help!

There was a message posted over the weekend that said the community pages would be down periodically this week, maybe that's what's happening but I just loaded 40 more pics with no problem. As for it being safe, I sure hope so but until I find out, I'm gonna keep a copy of everything on my hard drive. I hate to do that and take up so much space but I don't want to lose that many pics. Keep trying Veranda!

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 01-14-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom