Does your husband/boyfriend know and what does he think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
I am surprised this has never been a thread before. I know this is nosey but I would be interested to know if anybody's husband or boyfriend knows about PLEBA and what goes on here and what they think of it. Do they bug you not to come here? Do they watch you or check in on it to see what you post? Do you even tell them who you are or even that you are on here? If anyone has any comments or stories please tell!

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

My husband knows I'm always on here, but doesn't know what I read. He has a way of popping into the room while I'm looking at a "Bono is elevated" thread and will ask, "What's that?". I just say, "Oh, just pictures of the band" and quickly jump to something else. But last night we were watching the show on VH-1 and when Bono pulled the girl up on stage for WOWOY, he asked me what would I do if that was me. I couldn't answer. I do alot of praising of Edge's guitar playing so he won't suspect that I'm really drooling over Bono!

<----has no men or her own. I just steal other ppls' *sigh* I lead a hard life.

lol unless you count my prankster/stalker Honey Nut ScottPhisto.....or Honey Nut Bono.....there's so much blackmail material on PLEBA. Darn it.

ANYWAY....isn't it enough that my brothers think I'm bonkers because of my U2 obsession in general??

My oldest 2 brothers are U2 fans but they probably think someone slipped somethin in my Kool-Aid bc every 2 mins last night I could be heard giggling like a freak watching VH1.

My other brother has no interest in U2 whatsoever....except perhaps that the Elevation video has Angelina Jolie in it....but that's another, ore FRIGHTENING story....

As for PLEBA specifically....geez all my friends at school now. And they think I'm a goonie for it
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

I tell you Mona what I wanna do
I'm gonna build a house next door to you
Can I see you sometime?
We can go kissin' through the blinds

My boyfriend knows about PLEBA cos he always asks me what i'm doing and i'm like "Oh i'm reading PLEBA" and he's like "again?" lol

Oh and he thinks that I love Larry more than I love him which is not true, I mean I love Larry and I think he's a sexy mofo and stuff *goes off to think about larry* *comes back* oh yes but my boyfriend is a sexier one
biggrin.gif
(don't tell Larry tho)

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

My boyfriend is wonderful and respects my privacy. In turn, I have to confess that I really come here more to read what all of you have written than I do for the band. What I write for MPS is just that, fiction and Bluephisto is a character who I write about, not actually me. I really love it here! You guys are hillarious and I can really say that I am a PLEBA fan. I am also, of course, a U2 fan. I love their music, I think Macphisto is cool, but the rest is really just me being silly and having a blast with all of you.
smile.gif
Whoever said a long time ago that PLEBA is like a huge virtual sleepover was right.
My boyfriend knows that he is the only man I will ever love and has no reason to feel threatened by my antics on this board. Honestly, if I write anything that makes anyone go "awww" in MPS, it's probably something that he has already done, lol. Okay, I HAVE to tell you this one. I was going to include something like it at some point in MPS but I didn't. I was having a VERY VERY bad day once in the summer at work. I phoned him and said something like "I'm going to just start killing people soon, this is HORRIBLE!" and he showed up where I worked and took me out for a surprise dinner. When it got dark enough he blindfolded me (but I wasn't a tamale!) and walked me somewhere outside. I opened my eyes, all I could see was the river at my feet and glitter and color in the sky. He had bought a WHOLE bunch of fireworks and set them up and I had my own fireworks show that must have lasted twenty minutes. Awwww.
Sorry I've gone and started getting all, mushy. LOL. Honestly, if he read this, he'd be more upset that I posted that story than anything, lol. Excuse me, I have to go crawl back into bed now
smile.gif
-Bluey

------------------
*97% Compatible with Mona!*
Bluephisto

My fiance is registered at Interference, and he has been to PLEBA before. He is cool with everything...he knows what I say here is just in good fun. I even had him read the story Mrs. Edge wrote for me.
smile.gif

His celebrity crush is Janet Jackson, mine is Bono...however, we both know that, when it comes right down to it, that we are in love each other and each other only.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 11-24-2001).]

OMG-Bluey-that is so special what your boyfriend did!

HOLD ON TO THAT ONE!!!
smile.gif

And Mullen-Girl-a boyfriend that's a sexier mofo than Larry-You are ONE LUCKY GAL!
smile.gif

<<<<----no boyfriend

<<<<<----wouldn't care what he thought of this place or what I post if I did have one

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
OMG-Bluey-that is so special what your boyfriend did!

HOLD ON TO THAT ONE!!!
smile.gif

Thanks Gina, I KNOW...He does things like that all the time too. He's a saint or something. I don't know how he puts up with me, lol.
Thanks anyway, I think so too.
-Bluey

------------------
*97% Compatible with Mona!*
Bluephisto

My boyfriend does know that I like U2, but he doesn't realize how obsessed I am with them. But I think he may have last night, cause he called me long distance from Philly to talk with me, and all I was saying was "OMG Larry is so hot!" over and over and I was singing all the songs. I told him not to call me Friday cause I was going to be watching VH1 all night, and normally I would have hung up but it was long distance so I wanted to make it worth his time..... but I feel kinda bad for all the drooling and giggling over Larry I did when I was talking to him (when I wasn't fainting and passed out the floor)... But I love both of them, in their own ways.....

And he doesn't know about PLEBA yet, and he'd probably be scared too if he saw all the things I say here..... and the things all the other girls say here (especially since many of us are still jailbait - including me!)

He likes U2 too, but he's more into their recent stuff and their singles, unlike me who knows all their songs....

But his celebrity crush is Jennifer Lopez. It was funny cause he called me on Tuesday, and I said "Whatcha watching?" and he was watching J. Lo in concert on NBC, and I was watching the Boston DVD. So I stopped it & turned on J. Lo for about 30 seconds, which was all I could bear, and put U2 back on.

We're just very different people. He's Latino, so he's always listening to the Latin music, and all I listen to is U2, which is kinda funny too cause I'm Irish (I guess it's a very cultural relationship). But he doesn't know what he's in for once he realizes how obsessed I am w/ U2, but he's gotta at least respect it.

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Yeah my bf knows about PLEBA...I even showed him the the Bono is Elevated thread and now he just makes fun of Bono when he makes fun of U2...lol. He's cool with my utter and total addiction.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

My husband caught me, but I told him at least I look at guys my OWN AGE with their clothes ON which is more than you can say for him LMAO!!
wink.gif
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
My husband caught me, but I told him at least I look at guys my OWN AGE with their clothes ON which is more than you can say for him LMAO!!
wink.gif
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

LMAO! So true, so true....

My husband knows about Interference, and my online friends, and my U2 obsession and my love for Bono... but NOT PLEBA, and certainly not the Elevated Bono thread. hahaha Not that I'm keeping it from him exactly, but some things are just better not pointed out. If ya know what I mean.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
wink.gif
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

lol! *thinks of Bono and his....er....interest...in Beyonce*.....grr

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
And he was pretty talkative about Britney on Letterman.... how many times did the man mention Britney and blindfolding in the same sentence? *curious*
Rackem frackem...I think only once....but that EVIL GRIN he flashed!!!!!!! Bono Bono Bono....Look with yer eyes, not yer hands, BonoBaby....

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

My boyfriend is Larry and he thinks it's perfectly alright that I talk about how hot he is all the time.
eek.gif

JK, of course...lol
wink.gif
No boyfriend or husband here, but my ex-boyfriends knew about (and in one case) even shared my U2 obsession and were ok with it. I hope I'm that lucky again!
smile.gif

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Well... my boyfriend is still fairly new, and luckily the poor guy hasnt totally caught on yet...
biggrin.gif
It was funny though since the other morning he was walking out of my room and saw the shirtless Bono poster on the back of my door and was like.. um, Good morning Bono! I think I'll wait a while before I mention the whole PLEBA thing (if at all)!
biggrin.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

my hubby hates U2

he thinks that Bono sings like someone is squeezing his balls

he thinks Adam is junkie

he thinks Edge is the ugliest man on this planet

he thinks that Larry is taking steroids

I?ve got a tough life *sniff

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Am single since april and I wasn't around here very much while we were together but he knew about my U2 obsession and felt like he was competing with them and it didn't matter how hard I tried to explain to him that he didn't compete with them, he just couldn't accept it.
Do you know why we broke up?

At least I gave him a ticket to one of their shows in Stockholm and he was blown away and cried during the whole show, but mostly because the music reminded him of me.
smile.gif
He still cries every time he hears U2 on the radio. I wonder if he realize now, that U2 is a part of me.

Next time I get hooked up by someone they have to know and accept BEFORE we go any further because I'm not going into another relationsship where I have to defend my passion for U2.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

*gaaaaaaasp* Larry Steroids??? NO *screams*

At least he didn't say Larry is gay...everybody tells me that...Oh Larry is gay blah blah...like this guy I met in Austin he was from the Netherlands...I forgot his name, he was there with his 2 daughters and he kept on saying, Larry just told me he was gay and he would do that on purpose and it was pissing me off and he noticed so he said...aww you know i'm just playin...and I said "yeah" and in my mind I was like "yeah if Larry is gay why was he drooling all over me??" ok a girl can dream no?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by AM:
he thinks that Bono sings like someone is squeezing his balls
....There is SO much I could do with that.

However, my spidey sense tells me that pregnant women and small children may spontaneously combust if I tell them whilst operating heavy machinery.

Heheh..

~PHONA~
Angel in devil's shoes.....

Lousy Phona....posting under my name.

U2, according to my friend Erin:

ERIN: Yes, Bono is a sexy man and he loves you.

Yes, Larry is gay and he has man cleavage.

Yes, Edge is a scary man who never talks.

MONA: What about Adam?

ERIN: ....Adam who?

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Originally posted by Mr_LeMon:
I dunno if my girlfriend knows about PLEBA, but SHE knows that I'm not gay
smile.gif
))

LOL!!! That's so cute
smile.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Back
Top Bottom