Does Bono Wear Glasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swingn2thaMusic

The Fly
I know that people just read that thread title and went "are you freaking retarded?!" but what i mean is does bono wear prescription (sp?) glasses? i've seen him in pictures with clear, what look to be normal prescription glasses, but i'm not sure. any one know?
exhibit A:
dc4.jpg

i think he might. sometimes when looking at his sunglasses, you'll notice his eyes will look bigger than normal.. usually found with prescription glasses. he might.. who knows. i cant see regular plain sunglasses making that effect. nothing wrong with that either! makes me feel better, i wear glasses (if not, usually my contacts), and i've always been self-conscious about it. so, its all good.

I'm not sure if he wears contacts, but his glasses, as of fairly recently, were not prescription. You may recall Mr. Lemon visiting the studio and switching glasses with Bono (great pic, by the way). He said the glasses had plain lenses.

well if he had them, why would he give so many shades away to people, if those people cant see trough them(without a major headache that is)
I think it are just regular sunglasses..

Galeongirl said:
well if he had them, why would he give so many shades away to people, if those people cant see trough them(without a major headache that is)
I think it are just regular sunglasses..

very good point

Mr. LeMon said he tried on Bono's shades and they were not prescription.

biff said:
I'm not sure if he wears contacts, but his glasses, as of fairly recently, were not prescription. You may recall Mr. Lemon visiting the studio and switching glasses with Bono (great pic, by the way). He said the glasses had plain lenses.

You beat me to it, I posted before I saw this.

He also gave a pair of the more glasses looking type to the Pope.

That's a good point. If he gives his sunglasses to some fans during the show, I doubt that they would be prescription. I also never heard/read anywhere that Bono has eye problmes. Just Adam and I think Edge has/had contact lenses.

Swingn2thaMusic said:
I know that people just read that thread title and went "are you freaking retarded?!" but what i mean is does bono wear prescription (sp?) glasses? i've seen him in pictures with clear, what look to be normal prescription glasses, but i'm not sure. any one know?
exhibit A:
dc4.jpg

Dude. That looks like Paul Rumsfield(sp?)'s glasses. :giggle:

but you can make prescription glasses tinted, like mine. i mean, lenses of regular sunglasses can be replaced by prescription lenses and can also be tinted with any color... my glasses are a bit bluish and sometimes they look like just regular sunglasses. im sort of collecting those kind of glasses so that i can wear different eyeglasses everyday! :D

ok, so another question...is it possible that he wears contacts? because people said that he gives away his sunglasses and they aren't prescription...i dunno what my sudden obsession with eye sight is but this question is just bugging me!

Swingn2thaMusic said:
ok, so another question...is it possible that he wears contacts? because people said that he gives away his sunglasses and they aren't prescription...i dunno what my sudden obsession with eye sight is but this question is just bugging me!

I don't think he'd do double... if he needed lenses/glasses, he'd get prescription Armani's or so... just his current shades with prescription... why would he do double...

Galeongirl said:

I don't think he'd do double... if he needed lenses/glasses, he'd get prescription Armani's or so... just his current shades with prescription... why would he do double...

I do double. Then when my prescription changes, I don't have to worry about changing lenses AND contacts, and I can still see w/o glasses on. The viewing range is a lot better and more comfortable, IMO, with contacts than glasses.

My vote goes for contacts, or he's had Lasik.

Galeongirl said:

It's reeeeaalllly difficult to see if you wear contacts and prescription sunglasses at the same time. When I wear my contacts I wear nonprescription sunglasses. The only time I wear prescription sunglasses is when my contacts are irritating my eyes.

u2granny said:

It's reeeeaalllly difficult to see if you wear contacts and prescription sunglasses at the same time. When I wear my contacts I wear nonprescription sunglasses. The only time I wear prescription sunglasses is when my contacts are irritating my eyes.

I know.. I meant more like I think he'd prefer to get prescription sunglasses than contacts..

Back
Top Bottom