Does Bono wear cologne?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karmic_postmark

Refugee
Has anyone ever had the pleasure of being so close to him that you can remember his scent even now as you read this? Or have you read somewhere if or what cologne he fancies? Or even ones he dislikes? I remember reading online a part of an interview where Bono stated something about how a person smells is important to him or something in that vein. :scratch:

I remember there was a similar thread a while ago...alls I remember is that some faithful and educated PLEBAN said an investment in a Yankee Candle, the Midsummer's Night kind is very close the scent of the cologne he wears...

I've got a big candle... :angel:

I asked because I used to put some of my ex-boy friend's. He didn't think it was funny, especially because I'm a 'perfume addicted', I have a huge collection, and men enjoy feminine scents (I think).:rolleyes:

I have Hugo Boss for women, but it's not the same, or I would put some.:)

And you call it a hug ...

About Bono's cologne, I remember reading this:

Could you please tell me what cologne Bono wears? I want to buy some for my husband.

Dear Violet:

Many a woman has wanted to recreate that special Bono-feeling with their partner in the comfort of their homes. Bono wears a very specific scent which can be duplicated as follows:

1 part Guinness
2 parts short, Black Irish pheromones (read: sweat)
1 part Cuban cigar
2 parts Altoids (cinnamon)
and
4 parts what can only be described as the "smell of incredible wealth."

I'd just get him a bottle of Old Spice. The Answer Guy
:laugh:

I was fortunate enough back in 1992 to have coffee with Bono. I got a GOOD whiff of him and he smells like some sort of cologne for sure. He smells GREAT! :drool:

karmic_postmark said:
Lucky you! <pouting>

Awww LOL! Well, yes I am lucky. Believe me, if the planets were able to line up like that for me, it could happen to ANYONE, so I'm sure on the next tour you will have an opportunity to smell his cologne. :)

Since that Bono experience, I have (other than hasty autographs) had basically NO exciting band interaction, so I guess the U2 gods decided I had my fill for a lifetime or something. :shrug:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what certain kind of cologne he has? Like the name of it, and the maker? Hugo Boss? Is that all he has?

I wonder if he still does or if he's a cologne whore
I would say he is.
Originally posted by xtal
Does anyone know what certain kind of cologne he has? Like the name of it, and the maker? Hugo Boss? Is that all he has?

If he keeps changing his cologne as much as he changes his glasses, who will know which one he's using?
I don't care what kind of cologne he uses, but I'm sure he smells great! As a "perfume addicted":lol: , I know that it's something too intimate. Every perfume has its own personality. I mean: I wouldn't ask my boy-friend to use the same cologne as Bono. That's absurd and he'd feel insulted.

My boy-friend wears Allure by Chanel, and I think it’s great on him. Dune by Christian Dior is also great.

Last edited:
okay from what i remember he wears dolche and gabana
dune
bvlgari blu
and another one.......i cant remember.....
but the smell of hugo for men drives me wild!! i didnt know until now that he wears that.
yummy. i wore it too cuz i liked the smell :reject: the womens smells icky like rubbing alcohol. kinda like a lot of womens perfumes. :madspit:
something tells me that bono has lots of different scents he wears just because he probably loses them all the time and has to go get more:wink:
i got sample squirts of his colognes on the little paper things you can get and carried them around with me until they totally lost scent. :eyebrow:

The candle is wonderful...my roomate (who doesn't know the reason I have it :huh: ) say's she loves coming to my room because it smells like a hot guy was just there! :wink: I also have the air freshner candle for my car too.... :reject:

If you go to Band Meetings and Sightings, maybe you can ask Celia what he smelled like today. He sang Happy Birthday to her, into her ear, and then kissed her! Sigh....

i got sample squirts of his colognes on the little paper things you can get and carried them around with me until they totally lost scent. :eyebrow: [/B]
Do you mean that you're keeping those small paper bags of Dolce Gabana, Dune, Bvlgari Blu, for men?
Why didn't I think about that before?

womens smells icky like rubbing alcohol
Most of then do, so there're a few tricks you got to have (that or wear men perfume)...

something tells me that bono has lots of different scents he wears
Yes, I'm sure he does. I do! I enjoy being smelling (and "smelled":lol:) all the time and its hard to chose just one scent, when there're so many irresistible. I just can’t leave home not wearing perfume, because it gives some kind of comfort and even of confidence (this might sound silly, but I take this very seriously), and it makes me feel so sexy. :wink:
And I wear perfume at home too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom