Does Bono Still Smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
Most plebans are not very prone to snapping at anyone... did you get snapped at here? :(

Yeah, I don't think nagging or signs will make much difference either, but I don't think they would upset him, he knows his fans love him. :)

Yeah but I'll live!:wink:

Quote:
Originally posted by Devlin
His dad actually died of Parkinson's,I think. Or so Adam said on the Bomb dvd. I'll have to take another listen.

I remember hearing Bono say he developed Parkinson's after complications with the lung cancer. I'm not sure which one you actually die from, but I know he had both.

Just to clarify: people don't die "from" parkinsons, it is disorder that slowly gets worse and worse, and although it is not considered to be a fatal disease often times people have died from complication related to parkinsons, such as pneumonia.
In Bob's case, I'm pretty sure he passed away from lung cancer.

and absolutely no snapping intended!!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Well, I for myself don't smoke. I've a skin illness and it would be really bad for my skin (well and obviously for everything else) but I respect if some people want to have a smoke.
A few friends of mine do but they take care not to blow the smoke directly into my face... and afterward I am taking a shower and wash my clothes... so everythings fine.
All in all, I wouldn't be dissapointed if they ban smoking in Europe.
And if not banning than create a non smoker friendly area.... Like 1 restaurant 2 different areas... that would be fine by me...

Btw.: wasn't the first pic with him an ex-chancelor schröder product placement??? :lmao:

I think I remember seeing a picture of him with one once- maybe a time they were in the studio together?

I must admit I knew he died from cancer but I didn't know what kind.

Occasionally I have a cigarette when I drink alcohol but that's about it. I used to smoke when I was in high school and college but quit the big time habit when I started having kids.

Back
Top Bottom