Does Anyone Have The ES DVD? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Gina Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bruce's land of hope and dreams
Posts: 5,404
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Does Anyone Have The ES DVD?

I looked for it on the day Best Of came out, because it was supposed to be released the same day-no luck. I haven't looked since though... I ordered it from Amazon, but they said it was a special order and they might not get it

It's supposed to have behind the scenes footage and Anton photos from the video shoot And also the director's cut, which I assume is different.

Did anyone find it at Best Buy or some place like that? Thanks
__________________

Gina Marie is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 09:37 AM   #2
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,862
Local Time: 01:49 AM
I ordered it on the 5th from Best Buy and it shipped on the 7th, although I haven't received it yet.

(Supposedly its somewhere in Illinois right now.)
__________________

ramblin rose is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Gina Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bruce's land of hope and dreams
Posts: 5,404
Local Time: 01:49 AM
OK, thanks I could try that

Did anyone actually find it in the store? I want it ASAP
Gina Marie is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 09:44 AM   #4
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
 
bonosloveslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Taking care of kitties
Posts: 9,655
Local Time: 02:49 AM
I got mine from HMV.com, it was about $4.60 US, but as far as I could tell the video was the same as what they've been playing on MTV, and the behind-the-scenes footage is available on line, it is the clip where Larry says 'this is Anton Corbijn, he makes me wet' - I'll see if I can find a link for you.

IMO I didn't think it was worth the $$$.

*Edited- here's the link to watch it:

http://www.planet.nl/music/0,1235,79...239914,00.html
__________________
bonosloveslave [at] interference.com
bonosloveslave is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 11:20 AM   #5
Refugee
 
Mrs.Clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,898
Local Time: 11:49 PM
I bought one in Ireland...but it won't play on my american DVD player....
Mrs.Clayton is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
erised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shaking her arse to "Vertigo"!!!
Posts: 4,650
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
I got mine from HMV.com, it was about $4.60 US, but as far as I could tell the video was the same as what they've been playing on MTV, and the behind-the-scenes footage is available on line, it is the clip where Larry says 'this is Anton Corbijn, he makes me wet' - I'll see if I can find a link for you.

IMO I didn't think it was worth the $$$.

*Edited- here's the link to watch it:

http://www.planet.nl/music/0,1235,79...239914,00.html
I got mine from HMV.com too, but mine doesn't have that bit with Larry saying Anton makes him wet... it has that other bit of video of Larry talking about the video that's been circulating though (where Larry's sitting in a room talking about it)... me sad if I'm missing the "makes me wet" part on DVD.

The director's cut vid on the DVD is ever so slightly different than the video that's been playing on MTV... the director's cut does not have that shower scene of Larry and Sam during the "It's hot as hell" part... instead, they show another shot of Larry while arguing with Sam during the *fight* scene.
erised is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 12:10 PM   #7
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
 
bonosloveslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Taking care of kitties
Posts: 9,655
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by erised


I got mine from HMV.com too, but mine doesn't have that bit with Larry saying Anton makes him wet... it has that other bit of video of Larry talking about the video that's been circulating though (where Larry's sitting in a room talking about it)... me sad if I'm missing the "makes me wet" part on DVD.

The director's cut vid on the DVD is ever so slightly different than the video that's been playing on MTV... the director's cut does not have that shower scene of Larry and Sam during the "It's hot as hell" part... instead, they show another shot of Larry while arguing with Sam during the *fight* scene.

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to double check the video clip - I know I had already seen it online by the time I got the DVD.

What the heck kind of a director's cut would actually leave out the shower scene?!?
__________________
bonosloveslave [at] interference.com
bonosloveslave is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 12:18 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,247
Local Time: 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton
I bought one in Ireland...but it won't play on my american DVD player....
The discs from Europe are on Region 2 and here in the US, our players are for Region 1 discs....unless ofcourse, you get a region/code-free dvd player.
dizzy is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 12:27 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
erised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shaking her arse to "Vertigo"!!!
Posts: 4,650
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave

What the heck kind of a director's cut would actually leave out the shower scene?!?
I know! That was one of the best damn parts, if you ask me.
erised is offline  
Old 11-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #10
War Child
 
EveClayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New Yorkf
Posts: 620
Local Time: 12:49 AM
reply

I got mine at Jand R music world and it came with the dvd as well.........the only thing is that i cant watch it because i have no DVD player!!!!!!!! how evil is that?????????????
__________________

EveClayton is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×