Does anyone else fear for Bono's safety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
you know, God and heaven forbid, but he does go into the crowd a lot and meets tons and tons of people everyday... and doesn't always have bodyguards around. and he has attracted some negative publicity throughout his tireless efforts. i hope and pray some insane bastard doesn't get into his/her head to get a quick shot at 2 mnts of notriety and everyone knowing who he is!!!

Babydoll said:
you know, God and heaven forbid, but he does go into the crowd a lot and meets tons and tons of people everyday... and doesn't always have bodyguards around. and he has attracted some negative publicity throughout his tireless efforts. i hope and pray some insane bastard doesn't get into his/her head to get a quick shot at 2 mnts of notriety and everyone knowing who he is!!!

Especially this last year when he has been in the news so much, rolling stone covers, Time magazine, 60 minutes, live8, Data, One Campaign, tv shows/interviews, with Bush, so many mag. covers.
I've thought about it too, especially with the anniversary of the John lennon shooting.
I'm not seriously worried or paranoid about it, but the thought has crossed my mind. He makes himself so approachable. And there are a lot of nuts out there.

I never thought about that... Although I have thought about what I would do if any members of the band passed away suddenly, like a plane or car crash, in the next few years. Oh, it'd be horrible. I'd never get to see them live. Stop thinking. Now.

3624.jpg

OK, I feel much better now.

Yea, and the people he idolizes and tries to emulate like Martin Luther King and John Lennon...yea the thoughts crossed my mind before and that would be completley horrid. But his approachability is also something about him that I admire very much.

Wow I actually never thought about that specifically... It is scary!! Let us pray nothing goes wrong... PLEBA girls unite to surround Bono and don't let anyone else approach him!! It's for his SAFETY!! SAFETY!!!! (good one, huh?? :drool: :drool: :wink: )

I feared for his back when he gave the girl a piggy-back ride in Oakland. Also I have thought that someday I would turn on the tv and hear their plane crashed. Morbid I know. More important/practical things to worry about!

well the thing is, I don't want to think about it!!!! you can think of anything that way, what if.......
if you think that way too much, you'd become paranoia!!!!
I hope that every idiot in the world will see what a great human being he is, and respect him. Hate him if you want, but why would you want to get rid of him? Ignorance is a bliss.....

and about PLEBAns guarding him? I'm in!!! heh :) I'm strong for a girl, so that'd be nice :p

SimplyConfused said:
I'll guard! I'll guard! I could probably talk them to death about how great U2 are. Muahahahahahaha!!!

oh can I join you??? I can talk about Bono for hours if neccesary... and ofcourse about the band aswell, I could fill days with it!!! hm but I practise karate, so that might help a bit too :)
hm... only the thought of guarding that gorgeous body thrills me... :drool: but I'd probably be too busy staring/drooling over the man than guarding him... but hanging around him and make sure nobody touches him is quite like guarding right????

I've met a few people who have a great deal against Bono, and they're only in their teens... :|

I fear for his safety as well :sad:

Galeongirl said:
and about PLEBAns guarding him?

I can only imagine..

"watch out Bono, there's a bad guy! I'll save you!!" *quickly jumps on Bono and topples him over..........*

:shifty:

SimplyConfused said:

Oh no, my mistake.

:bono:: You can get off me now...

No can do. I think I see some baddies over there!

heh I am so ageeing with you... *jumps on Bono too* hm yes baby there are some bad bad guys here, we can't let you go... by the way, if you need anything, just tell me kay?

:lmao:

The more the better!! I can see the new motto:

All for Bono, Bono for all :rolleyes: :lol:

i've been thinking about it lately.. and i was actually feeling kind of weird to think about this, so i'm glad i'm not the only one...
You never know what people are capable of doing, we've seen it happen so many times!! and as much as we love Bono, many people seem to hate him.... they don't like to see too much kindness i guess. All we can do is pray for him, we need him!!

I worry a lot. He's too nice to random fans and that puts him in possible danger for being too trusting. It's a shame the world is that way, but it is.

He actually talk about it for little bit here:

Bono is a face and voice of radical ideas, the kind of rock dreamer not seen since Lennon. Hanging outside the hotel, I can see a few likely characters who might love, or hate, Bono so much they want to make him a martyr, or absorb some of his power by destroying him. Does he ever fear for his safety?

'Every so often something comes up and you have to be a little bit careful. I don't really have any fear in me on that level. I'm not going to take silly chances, but I suppose I don't really think about it. For such speechifying maybe I deserve not to be shot but to be clipped around the ear. Nothing more than rotten eggs, perhaps. I don't think my crimes are punishable by a bullet.'

Again, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT HE IS RIGHT. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IF THEY DO, I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN AND GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Babydoll,

"I'm the biggest feminist you'll find - I even used a line that goes 'A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.' Our music is about God and woman, and we get the two mixed up a lot."

This Bono quote, where does he say this? It's perfect.

:wink:

thankyou said:
Babydoll,

"I'm the biggest feminist you'll find - I even used a line that goes 'A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.' Our music is about God and woman, and we get the two mixed up a lot."

This Bono quote, where does he say this? It's perfect.

:wink:

I was searching the Internet for Bono quotes and came across this gem. It's stuff like this that's one of the many, many reasons why I love and adore the man. :)

I've worried about it a lot lately too - especially after seeing a television special about John Lennon's murder. Bono is so open and approachable (combined with his political activities) it makes him vulnerable. I wish he wouldn't talk about how he doesn't travel with security. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has worried about him!

i also fear for bono's safety sometimes, and i'm also surprised that nothing has happened to him yet. when you think about the level of obsessive fans combined with what he's doing in the world, it's really a miracle that nothing has happened. thank goodness!

as a side note, a few years ago, i had a dream that bono died, and when i woke up, i didn't realise it was a dream because it was so vivid and real. so when i went to school that morning, i was moping about, feeling so depressed until someone told me that bono was alright (and it took a LOT of convincing). yes, i'm a weirdo... but that's why i'm on this forum!

I too was thinking about it recently and was glad/sad when I saw this thread:
Glad cause someone else was feeling that way too
sad cause it could happen in this sick world we live in.
When someones goal is to make the world a better place for CHILDREN!!! he could very easily get shot.

BUt I would gladly join the Bonoteers! "All for Bono, and Bono for all!"

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, especially since Bono seems to be becoming the modern-day equivalent of John Lennon - and look what happened to him. :sad:

The fact that other people are thinking this makes me feel a bit less morbid, at least.

Makes it all the more touching, when Bono spoke about how Adam stood in front of him at a U2 concert when they had threats against them.

I think even Larry was a little choked up when Bono was telling this.

Back
Top Bottom